Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Iron Warriors Legion IV Legion Legio IV Chaos Space Marines Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
1596 replies to this topic

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,493 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

That Deathguard helm works really well to make him fit into the IVth.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,909 posts

I mean, yeah. Iron Warriors and Death Guard had a very similar armour aesthetic during the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy. So the more non-corrupted/overtly Nurgle Death Guard bits can work very well on Iron Warriors.

Brother Mayhem

Brother Mayhem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts
  • Faction: Brotherhood of Slaughter

I like the converted Iron Warriors, very nice. Any plans for the Lord? 

• Gederas likes this

"We Are  Returned!" - Black Legion / Death Guard Plog

http://www.bolterand...tes-plog-bl-dg/

1430777548837_zps1fkqximx.png

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 874 posts

I mean, yeah. Iron Warriors and Death Guard had a very similar armour aesthetic during the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy. So the more non-corrupted/overtly Nurgle Death Guard bits can work very well on Iron Warriors.

Some of the entire Plague Marine models can be used with judicious shaving and small bits of green stuff, or you can just bits order the heads and some of the less mutated bodies. Works REALLY nice.

• Thousand Eyes likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,909 posts

I like the converted Iron Warriors, very nice. Any plans for the Lord? 

I've converted him to be the shipmaster for my World Eaters

Some of the entire Plague Marine models can be used with judicious shaving and small bits of green stuff, or you can just bits order the heads and some of the less mutated bodies. Works REALLY nice.

Oh yeah. The Plague Marines are PERFECT if you want to convert some proper scale Iron Warriors. Just requires some effort, but yeah.

Additionally, I finished those two to a point where I was happy giving them to my friend. I'll let him finish them however he wants:
foUrsGZ.jpg

• Iron Skull Mask, Thousand Eyes and El_Dicko like this

Brother Clavero

Brother Clavero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
IMG 20190108 195107

A horrible overexposed  pic of my Steel Brethren. My WIP fluff is that shortly after the siege of Vraks, one of Warsmith Gharrok's Lieutenants, Bureic Retrac and approx. one half of the remaining Steel Brethren broke away to form their own warband. Fluff alert:

Gharrok? What of him? I followed him from Olympia to the gates of the Imperial Palace on Terra and into damnation itself!  And this is how he chooses to repay us? By leading us to failure during the Dispute of Iron ordered by the mighty Perturabo himself? Now his shame marks us all, we are cast out of Medrengard, away from our Primarch, away from our brothers. 

Vraks has shown us yet again his weakness! Our walls strong, our defenses impregnable, yet, the lap dogs of the carrion one drive us away? We must separate ourselves from the weak ones brothers. Just as Perturabo himself has shown us.  

That is why now we must gather to us those not of Olympian blood. Weak outcasts from the armies of the false Emperor and those who eagerly don our colours but do not have the courage and fortitude given to us by our father Perturabo. Once we are strengthened by our own blood, the wheat will be separated from the chaff. This I promise you all!

Newly (self appointed) Warsmith Bureic Retrac to his Lieutenants. 

Edited by Brother Clavero, 09 January 2019 - 06:24 PM.

• Captain Rex and Tallarn Commander like this

And if 'heresy' lies in considering their atrophied carrion-god detestable then yes, I suppose I qualify there also.

Covenant Of Caliban Banner

NullPoint

NullPoint

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts

Hey all,

I am thing of converting the Aggressor captain that came with the 8th edition to my Chaos lord in Terminator armor.  Any suggestions?

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 727 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers
Not sure which model you're talking about. Do you have a picture? Or do you mean the Captain in gravis armour?

NullPoint

NullPoint

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts

Captain in gravis armour? -  Yeah that guy.

What I had in mind, is a hand swap and give him a hammer or mace instead of the sword.  Remove the fingers and add claws to the powerfist and mount a combo-plasma in place of the mounted weapon. 

Then give him a trophy rack and maybe some mechatendrils or something...  sorry if I am being vague.

• sebs_evo7 likes this

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 874 posts

So we might have gotten "Fury of the Legion" from 30k for all Marines.

New beta rule for bolters up on Warhammer Community.

All Heretic Astartes and Adeptus Astartes get to fire double bolt weapon shots at long range when stationary or if they are a Centurion, Biker, Terminator, or Vehicle. Anything with "bolt" in the title. 

So if you go the "Hammer of Olympia" route with 20CSM, you're looking at 42 shots at 24 in, assuming Combi-Bolter on the champ, if you stay still.

Between that, Cold and Bitter and Iron Without, Iron Within, it's looking pretty good for us in terms of fielding a marine horde.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch, 21 January 2019 - 04:58 PM.

• Thousand Eyes likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,583 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

All Heretic Astartes and Adeptus Astartes get to fire double bolt weapon shots at long range when stationary or if they are a Centurion, Biker, Terminator, or Vehicle. Anything with "bolt" in the title. 

So if you go the "Hammer of Olympia" route with 20CSM, you're looking at 42 shots at 24 in, assuming Combi-Bolter on the champ, if you stay still.

Between that, Cold and Bitter and Iron Without, Iron Within, it's looking pretty good for us in terms of fielding a marine horde.

Make some of them Chosen with Combi-bolters for a minor points increase and you'll double those shots even. :P

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Ghorgul

Ghorgul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

So I wonder, does Iron Within, Iron Without stratagem stack with the Delightful Agonies?

“We are the Angels of Eternal Night and we have come for you. Prepare for purging of your Sins, this is your chance for Ascension. Ave Dominus Nox.” –Kryvan The Descendant, 48th Company of Night Lords.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,583 posts

So I wonder, does Iron Within, Iron Without stratagem stack with the Delightful Agonies?

Such effects don't stack anymore in general. If a unit has two such effects you pick one of them (in that case Delightful Agonies).

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Ghorgul

Ghorgul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Such effects don't stack anymore in general. If a unit has two such effects you pick one of them (in that case Delightful Agonies).

Ok, good to know! I just faintly remember that at the start of 8th and some time after that these FnP effects were stackable? Never really used these myself ever.

“We are the Angels of Eternal Night and we have come for you. Prepare for purging of your Sins, this is your chance for Ascension. Ave Dominus Nox.” –Kryvan The Descendant, 48th Company of Night Lords.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,583 posts

Ok, good to know! I just faintly remember that at the start of 8th and some time after that these FnP effects were stackable? Never really used these myself ever.

Yeah it used to be but GW decided they don't want people to keep rolling so many dice (you rolled for one rule and then the rest for the other rule) to reduce the time to finish games so they changed it via Errata. Now we're just stuck with tons of re-rolls for everything else. teehee.gif

Disclaimer:

Insane Psychopath

Insane Psychopath

++PRODITOR VESANUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,025 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Feburary White Dwarf has shown that Storm of Iron will be re-painted for a limited time.  A novel that should be in all Iron Warriors hobbiest collection.

https://www.facebook...pe=3&__tn__=H-R

• Brother Clavero likes this

"perhaps the Ruinous Powers favour you....?"

Iron-Daemon Forge Facebook page

Call_of_Chaos_Banner_03_Completion.jpgCall_of_Chaos_Badge_05.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_29004_9303_6178.pnggallery_29004_9303_25996.jpggallery_29004_10383_9506.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1975.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gif

IW 5th Grand Company record since 04: Games play 1040 - GW Glasgow best army 2005, Conflict Scotland 02/05: 12th/top 5 best army, UKGT heat 1: 05/06/07/08/09, Medusa V, Stirling Rapid Fire 06: 2nd/08: 4th+2nd Best army/09 8th+Best Army/13 Best army/14 Army Nominee/15 Best army+Chaos, 40k Radio 08: 5th Scotland-38th World, ELG Rompa Stompa 08, Hobby Champion 08, ELG Conpulsion 09 2nd place, ELG Counter Attack 09: 4th+Best army, Throne of Skull: April12-2nd best army nominee+2nd Chaos race/Oct12: Best army winner/Nov12 Best army nominee+Infamous Unit/March13 Best army nominee-Sept13 Best army nominee/March 14 Best army nominee, Conflict Scotland 13 Best army, Fire Storm 13/16: 2nd Best army, Winter War 13: Best army-14: Best army+Chaos race, Winter War 15, Armies on Parade 2012/15, Clan War 15 Best army+Diorama/16: Best army, Throne of Skulls March 16-Army nominee, ToS Sept 16-Army nominee/Legend Tank & unit, White Dwarf August 2013 Army of the Month.
Now accepting Games Workshop commission, from painting to converting (UK/Europe only for the time being) PM me or send a email. Note - New web site coming soon.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,909 posts

Feburary White Dwarf has shown that Storm of Iron will be re-painted for a limited time.  A novel that should be in all Iron Warriors hobbiest collection.

What about when you already have it in the omnibus format? :lol:

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 727 posts
What If you already have the original novel and own the omnibus? :D

Brother Clavero

Brother Clavero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts

I had pulled my copy off the shelf and started re-re-rereading it just last night. It's an Iron Warriors classic. 

And if 'heresy' lies in considering their atrophied carrion-god detestable then yes, I suppose I qualify there also.

Covenant Of Caliban Banner

Thousand Eyes

Thousand Eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 928 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Lots of inspiration in here, think I need to pull together a thread of just my Iron Warriors to keep up.

My B&C WIP Thread is this one (but more pictures generally end up on the blog).

banner_bc.jpg  

Hellrender

Hellrender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,560 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I have a question for you IW fans. With the new wave of chaos models coming, what do you think of Iron Warriors in the more corrupted look?

Traditionally i believe the IW's would rather cut off their own limbs and replace it with bionics, rather then have mutations, which is what makes me doubt :(

Majorbookworm

Majorbookworm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warrirors

I think it depends on what exactly is being corrupted. Armour and equipment being 'warped' (or perhaps deliberately decorated in this sort of style) to me seems separate from the idea of physical mutations (tentacles and whatnot). For me personally though I'm sticking with a more Heresy-looking force, at least for my Infantry, because the fluff I came up with doesn't really involve residing in the Eye or any other warp anomaly, and I think it fits the IW better than the 'chaos' style does, but your mileage may vary.

• Indefragable likes this

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 727 posts
Well, 10.000 years is a long time. We're churning out demon engines, use demon weapons and are confidential by demon princes. Those things do leave stains upon the soul which the energies of chaos manifest on our armour. I don't see a problem here :)

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,539 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I believe it should vary by warband. Personally I prefer the "well worn yet largely uncorrupted mk3" look.
  • Indefragable likes this
What signature?

sebs_evo7

sebs_evo7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 468 posts
I’m hoping these dudes are multi part and I’ll slip in a lot of the FW upgrades with mk3 stuff to make some sgts or chosen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Warriors Legion, IV Legion, Legio IV, Chaos Space Marines, Heretic Astartes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users