++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

That Deathguard helm works really well to make him fit into the IVth.

I mean, yeah. Iron Warriors and Death Guard had a very similar armour aesthetic during the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy. So the more non-corrupted/overtly Nurgle Death Guard bits can work very well on Iron Warriors.

I mean, yeah. Iron Warriors and Death Guard had a very similar armour aesthetic during the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy. So the more non-corrupted/overtly Nurgle Death Guard bits can work very well on Iron Warriors.

Some of the entire Plague Marine models can be used with judicious shaving and small bits of green stuff, or you can just bits order the heads and some of the less mutated bodies. Works REALLY nice.

I like the converted Iron Warriors, very nice. Any plans for the Lord? 

I've converted him to be the shipmaster for my World Eaters

Some of the entire Plague Marine models can be used with judicious shaving and small bits of green stuff, or you can just bits order the heads and some of the less mutated bodies. Works REALLY nice.

Oh yeah. The Plague Marines are PERFECT if you want to convert some proper scale Iron Warriors. Just requires some effort, but yeah.

Additionally, I finished those two to a point where I was happy giving them to my friend. I'll let him finish them however he wants:

foUrsGZ.jpg

A horrible overexposed  pic of my Steel Brethren. My WIP fluff is that shortly after the siege of Vraks, one of Warsmith Gharrok's Lieutenants, Bureic Retrac and approx. one half of the remaining Steel Brethren broke away to form their own warband. Fluff alert:

Gharrok? What of him? I followed him from Olympia to the gates of the Imperial Palace on Terra and into damnation itself!  And this is how he chooses to repay us? By leading us to failure during the Dispute of Iron ordered by the mighty Perturabo himself? Now his shame marks us all, we are cast out of Medrengard, away from our Primarch, away from our brothers. 

Vraks has shown us yet again his weakness! Our walls strong, our defenses impregnable, yet, the lap dogs of the carrion one drive us away? We must separate ourselves from the weak ones brothers. Just as Perturabo himself has shown us.  

That is why now we must gather to us those not of Olympian blood. Weak outcasts from the armies of the false Emperor and those who eagerly don our colours but do not have the courage and fortitude given to us by our father Perturabo. Once we are strengthened by our own blood, the wheat will be separated from the chaff. This I promise you all!

Newly (self appointed) Warsmith Bureic Retrac to his Lieutenants. 

Edited by Brother Clavero

Captain in gravis armour? -  Yeah that guy.

What I had in mind, is a hand swap and give him a hammer or mace instead of the sword.  Remove the fingers and add claws to the powerfist and mount a combo-plasma in place of the mounted weapon. 

Then give him a trophy rack and maybe some mechatendrils or something...  sorry if I am being vague.

So we might have gotten "Fury of the Legion" from 30k for all Marines.

New beta rule for bolters up on Warhammer Community.

All Heretic Astartes and Adeptus Astartes get to fire double bolt weapon shots at long range when stationary or if they are a Centurion, Biker, Terminator, or Vehicle. Anything with "bolt" in the title. 

So if you go the "Hammer of Olympia" route with 20CSM, you're looking at 42 shots at 24 in, assuming Combi-Bolter on the champ, if you stay still.

Between that, Cold and Bitter and Iron Without, Iron Within, it's looking pretty good for us in terms of fielding a marine horde.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

All Heretic Astartes and Adeptus Astartes get to fire double bolt weapon shots at long range when stationary or if they are a Centurion, Biker, Terminator, or Vehicle. Anything with "bolt" in the title. 

So if you go the "Hammer of Olympia" route with 20CSM, you're looking at 42 shots at 24 in, assuming Combi-Bolter on the champ, if you stay still.

Between that, Cold and Bitter and Iron Without, Iron Within, it's looking pretty good for us in terms of fielding a marine horde.

Make some of them Chosen with Combi-bolters for a minor points increase and you'll double those shots even. :P

So I wonder, does Iron Within, Iron Without stratagem stack with the Delightful Agonies?

So I wonder, does Iron Within, Iron Without stratagem stack with the Delightful Agonies?

Such effects don't stack anymore in general. If a unit has two such effects you pick one of them (in that case Delightful Agonies).

Such effects don't stack anymore in general. If a unit has two such effects you pick one of them (in that case Delightful Agonies).

Ok, good to know! I just faintly remember that at the start of 8th and some time after that these FnP effects were stackable? Never really used these myself ever.

Ok, good to know! I just faintly remember that at the start of 8th and some time after that these FnP effects were stackable? Never really used these myself ever.

Yeah it used to be but GW decided they don't want people to keep rolling so many dice (you rolled for one rule and then the rest for the other rule) to reduce the time to finish games so they changed it via Errata. Now we're just stuck with tons of re-rolls for everything else. :teehee:

Feburary White Dwarf has shown that Storm of Iron will be re-painted for a limited time.  A novel that should be in all Iron Warriors hobbiest collection.

https://www.facebook.com/Garro30k/photos/a.1075995342421061/2153097764710808/?type=3&__tn__=H-R

Feburary White Dwarf has shown that Storm of Iron will be re-painted for a limited time.  A novel that should be in all Iron Warriors hobbiest collection.

What about when you already have it in the omnibus format? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for you IW fans. With the new wave of chaos models coming, what do you think of Iron Warriors in the more corrupted look?

Traditionally i believe the IW's would rather cut off their own limbs and replace it with bionics, rather then have mutations, which is what makes me doubt :(

I think it depends on what exactly is being corrupted. Armour and equipment being 'warped' (or perhaps deliberately decorated in this sort of style) to me seems separate from the idea of physical mutations (tentacles and whatnot). For me personally though I'm sticking with a more Heresy-looking force, at least for my Infantry, because the fluff I came up with doesn't really involve residing in the Eye or any other warp anomaly, and I think it fits the IW better than the 'chaos' style does, but your mileage may vary.

Well, 10.000 years is a long time. We're churning out demon engines, use demon weapons and are confidential by demon princes. Those things do leave stains upon the soul which the energies of chaos manifest on our armour. I don't see a problem here :)