++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Heretic Astartes Focus: Iron Warriors

It seems like the Warsmith and Warpsmith are stuck with their old models.

So just a reprint of the Codex with a rather useless CP heavy ability.... THANKS GW :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Huh? You'll get the rules for all the new units in there as well as the special detachments and warlord traits and such?

I guess I was hoping for more of an effort from GW on this release with the rules.  This feels like they don't have enough time and manpower to really get these projects done right.  At least for me, you can tell the releases that have gotten the time and love devoted to them.  I don't think it is the dev team going we don't like this game but more of an upper management issue of X - team member has this amount of time to get X project done. 

Well, I guess they're thinking that new chaos players won't need these additional rules to get started. In any case their comments on Facebook - especially in the comments section for Sunday's and yesterday's reveal - seemed to be pretty clear in this matter. Only the new datasheets from Vigilus will be in the codex, nothing else.

Heretic Astartes Focus: Iron Warriors

It seems like the Warsmith and Warpsmith are stuck with their old models.

So just a reprint of the Codex with a rather useless CP heavy ability.... THANKS GW :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Huh? You'll get the rules for all the new units in there as well as the special detachments and warlord traits and such?

No you won't - they are only in Vigilus. GW have said so on Facebook. The new Codex does contain the new datasheets and updated CA points values, but does not contain any of the special detachments/warlord traits, etc.

Hey (name removed) - ok, so the new Codex has the new datasheets in it. If you want the extra renegade stuff, the black legion bits and the extra cool things, you need Vigilus Ablaze.

The new Codex does contain the new datasheets and updated CA points values, but does not contain any of the special detachments/warlord traits, etc.

Hey (name removed) - ok, so the new Codex has the new datasheets in it. If you want the extra renegade stuff, the black legion bits and the extra cool things, you need Vigilus Ablaze.

Now this is disappointing. I was not interested in the BL rules, and can likely live without the Renegades and "extras", it is still annoying.

I'm checking in with the pros as IW is a secondary army for me and I wanted some feedback.

When I started playing CSM 3.5 IW was my top pick but my local gaming group pushed me away from them as they were seen as "cheeses" or hyper competitive seeing that IW had just swept some major GTs if my memory is working correctly.  I went with GD instead picking one of the lesser competitive legions but it had a good following with a good online community. 

After reading Storm of Iron in 5th I was hooked on IW and with the extreme blandness of the Gav codex and the nature of 5th being a competitive friendly environment I saw no reason to  not start IW as my secondary CSM fun and somewhat fluffy army.  I had a ton of old plastic CSM troops that I started upgrading with the IW metal conversion kits.  Now that those IW GW conversion kits are gone what do you all use to get the logos on the shoulders?  I was considering the 3D printed icons from shape way as I had luck getting good Maltese crosses for my BT.

Also I always played with a unit of 10 Terminators in my IW lists when playing 2k, are terminators lore appropriate to IW still?    

Anyone able to help me with some naming of warbands, and hosts within that warband?

Finally going to start my Iron Warrior army, thanks to Shadowspear. So I'm thinking of running a warband composed of Three Hosts.

1. Your standard Iron Warriors, tanks, havocs, chaos space marines

2. Deamonkin, bringing the deamon engines to the siege.

3. Assault troops, who are the troops sent into the breaches during the siege.

There will obviously some overlap between the hosts, but I'm struggling to name them, and the Warband as a whole.

I've written down some initial proposed ideas, was wondering if others had thoughts. So following the same order as above.

1. Host of Tempered Iron

2. Beasts of Blackened Iron

3. Hounds of Burning Iron

Any thoughts on better nouns/adjectives for the relevant hosts? Obviously want to avoid literally using the word "Host" for group #1. And I could do with more ideas.

Also had an idea to round out the #4 (I mean they are the Fourth legion after all), I also have plans for the Lord of Transcended Iron as a Deamon Prince who has overall command of the warband. Speaking of which, have literally no name for the Warband as a whole either - any help?!

[...]

The Hardened Hammer

[...]

That totally sounds like a Slaanesh worshipping warband of Iron Warriors :laugh.:

The old school Iron Warriors were Slaaneshi so it totally works :P 

So we now have T5 move and shoot Havocs

That's rather handy :smile.:

I've got a nice unit of Lascannons ready to roll.

I heard rumour of Thunder Hammer for Lord & Chosen as well, is this real?  I'm just catch up with everything.

Also today community post has a bit on Havoc & a Daemonic Engine detachment

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/23/23rd-mar-heretic-astartes-focus-the-emperors-childrengw-homepage-post-1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=40K&utm_content=40KEmperorsChildrenArticleMar23&fbclid=IwAR2OSCwfNJam_y9r1v_s2hcaUoKa6uzyKhqMV5fzHayqyjbAlARnpsnbyhc

Kytan, Lord of Skulls & Decimator anyone....

If you mean the reroll 1s against vehicles WT, yes. If you mean the Punishing Volley strat, then no. Cacophony is played in your Shooting Phase, Volley is played in the enemy Movement Phase. Edited by Iron Father Ferrum

Never was a real fan of daemon engines, I am coming around though. Hoping I am strong enough to resist wallet decimation on the FW daemon engines for this new stuff.....

If you get away with mere wallet decimation, consider yourself lucky! Mine's getting nuked from orbit (it's the only way I can be sure to get them all).

So fellow warsmiths how are we feeling about abbadon? I’m looking at swapping a DP with IW warlord trait for abbadon? I’ll grab his model just because but I’m interested if anyone thinks he has any play in an IW army