++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

For anyone who not seen it & just to have on here. Warhammer TV put up a quick guide on speed painting Iron Warriors

I though I'd show the new Lord that was painted last week

med_gallery_13342_13449_1368478.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1092635.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_912464.jpg

Game against Tau last week, where I finial got to use the new Lord. This game remind me that I really do need to add Tau trophy. So I get this sorted on a few of the new Rhinos soon.

med_gallery_13342_13449_221786.jpg

While packing the models away. Though was pretty cool see the Knights & new Lord set up like this.

med_gallery_13342_13449_253051.jpg

I'm still not a fan of using Primaris for chaos conversions. GW finally manages to make loyalists and heretics different from each other and people immediately mix both model lines even when it's not even fluff apropriate lol

Hands off! Go convert a regular warpsmith, the 10th has been waiting for this for literally decades!

Done and done. I will stick with looking at 30k Iron Hands stuff for the conversion to my IW. Primaris IH all yours man. :biggrin.:

Hands off! Go convert a regular warpsmith, the 10th has been waiting for this for literally decades!

++++The revelation of spirit when encountering the power of Chaos is as freeing for the machine as it is for the mortal mind. It is our duty to create this blessed state of union.++++

• 2 weeks later...

...and people immediately mix both model lines even when it's not even fluff apropriate lol

I get that - however, gravis armour seems like a good basis for making Saturnine terminator armour, so it's all good :)

-----------------------

Right, "important" question:

I already have an Iron Warriors force that I've endeavoured to make 30k appropriate. With the new daemon engines and havocs though, I'd like to go with Iron Warriors again, but with a splinter warband. I want to have a new colour scheme which is different from the IVth Legion, but still close enough that it's recognisable and can look coherent on the tabletop together

Firstly, I've been thinking about using that new contrast black (or muddy brown) over leadbelcher as the base colour - my 30k Warriors have leadbelcher with orange flakes (salt method)

I've also been thinking about mixing up the standard yellow and black hazard stripes - perhaps yellow and red, or white and black? Or more radical, silicon-chip green and gold?

Finally, the models I currently have have got dull bronze trim (balthasar gold and agrax earthshade) - i was wondering about a gold with red contrast paint over the top, which would hopefully give me a nice transition effect.

Obviously a lot of these recipes will depend on what the new contrast paints actually work like, but I'd like to ask your opinions on how you think these could look, and what combinations I should try. I'd also love any additional suggestions for colour schemes

An annex question I've got is if anybody has given their armies splinter warband names, rather than X Grand Company? There doesn't seem to be much of a naming convention for them currently, so am unsure on how to start

Thanks for your time :)

An annex question I've got is if anybody has given their armies splinter warband names, rather than X Grand Company? There doesn't seem to be much of a naming convention for them currently, so am unsure on how to start

Thanks for your time :smile.:

There quite a few names warbands recently by codex, Vigilus 2, where it list the warband fighting with Abaddon & different Black Library novels.

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Iron_Warriors

Abrial's Claws (First Apocalypse book)

Anathraxis Warhost

Bitter Sons

The Bloodborn (Honsou Warband during Chapter Due)

Hammers Relentless

Metal Claw

Pitiless

Siege Masters Olympian

Sons of the Forge

Steel Brethren

Shattered Tower

The short story Siegemaster by Chris Wraight.  It has two different warband & I think talk about Warband icons for the right shoulder pad.

https://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/quick-reads/siegemaster-ebook.html

But hopeful that help out.

That could probably look pretty cool :thumbsup: not my fluff though - this Warband will be an old satrapy of my heresy era grand battalion

That is really easy then. Use your Warsmiths personal Heraldry for your Warband insignia instead of the IW one. Breakaway CSM from the legions, would do that, takes arrogance and guts to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...

They're pretty awesome, but don't look a lot like cannon fodder cultists to me. Maybe use them as renegade disciples?

That was something I was planning with them as well with the Disciples.  Maybe use the Dark Elf execution unit that have the skull mask

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dark-Elves-Har-Ganeth-Executioners

I get that, though that's exactly the reason why they don't look like cultists to me. These look more like IW traitor guard in service to the IW to me - no less expandable than cultists, of course.

In any case, I am looking forward to what you are going to do with them!