++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

[...] These look more like IW traitor guard in service to the IW to me - no less expandable than cultists, of course.

Do you mean expendable? Because they don't strike me as particularly stretchy. :P

I just realized the Fantastic Four are Chaos mutants.

I get that, though that's exactly the reason why they don't look like cultists to me. These look more like IW traitor guard in service to the IW to me - no less expandable than cultists, of course.

In any case, I am looking forward to what you are going to do with them!

Yeah looking forward to getting these, as I was looking at GSC initially. Cultist or traitor guard are definitely equally worthless flesh to IW, however the traitor guard would be sightly better in outcome in attrition calculations, assuming manpower and logistics being equal to both flesh types.

Traitor Guard are better at holding ground where even Conscript level training improves defensive positions by a marginal amount.

Or for psychological benefit when fighting other select Imperial forces. The moderate decrease in enemy morale at having to kill former comrades can be just enough to exploit a stalemate.

Traitor Guard should not be employed against forces of the Ordo Hereticus as enemy efficiency actually increases in those circumstances.

Cultists are best for mass assaults where losses mean nothing and beasts are unavailable.

• 3 weeks later...

Colors question, what gold do you use for your Iron warriors ? 

Well for me, super basic. Chaos black base, leadbelcher, hashut copper, heavy nuln oil wash then heavy argax wash (non gloss, though been thinking of changing to the gloss ones.). Thats just on the shoulder pad rims though, I am being less lazy with my brass, bronze and golds for my vehicles Linky in my sig, all my gold like this for my infantry. 

Colors question, what gold do you use for your Iron warriors ? 

Me personally, usually base with Leadbelcher spray, then just put a layer of Balthazaar Gold down over the top. Gentle Agrax wash, and on occassion a Hashput Copper edge highlight if I'm feeling frisky

Guest uk_crow

Fellow warsmiths I’ve built up a core of an Iron warriors force and was wondering what your thoughts are on how I should expand it!

Currently got around 1000 points, built and painted:

Winged DP with talons

5x csm, plasma gun

5x csm, plasma gun

5x csm, reaper CG

5x csm, reaper CG

Rhino

Rhino

Havocs, 2x LC, 1x ML, 1x AC

Havocs, 2x LC, 1x ML, 1x AC

Look forward to hearing your ideas, looking for a relatively competitive list but still thematic.

Cheers!

Hi Iron Warrior fans!

I really love the new Abaddon model and wanted to try mu hand at a conversion ever since it came out, so I build an Iron Warriors choas lord in terminator armour from it.

The pictures aren't the best as I took them with my phone, and I still need to put him on his base (I took a 60mm base as I think the base from Abaddon is a bit too big for a regular chaos lord.

Still, I hope you guys like him!

XRIj1BH.jpg

rlLd9Jh.jpg

iW6PYpt.jpg

py7F4Yl.jpg

He's looking really good - the only part I'm not a fan of is the angle which he is holding the combi-weapon - if he held it straight so the bullets came straight down, IMHO it would look more natural.

Other than that minor, quibbling point, though - the conversion and the paint job are fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Just went through a good chunk of our lore and realized we have only gotten our biggest L's from Xenos instead of the Imperium. We seemed kinda unstoppable in Vigilus, until the Eldar steered all the ork kults of Speed in our direction to stop us. Also we seem well positioned to help our other CSM allies out to re-group there. Our faction feels pretty powerful in Dark Imperium, papa Perty sending out 1,000 separate armies, smashing up Imperial bastion sectors etc. I feel like we are actually valued in Abaddons wider strategies than ever before. Admittedly its not as much lore as others, but still significant enough that I am happy with it so far. 

We just need a 40k perty model with his retinue

To be honest I'd just take an actual Iron Warriors character (as I'm sure would most of the legions in the codex)

Yeah, that's the dream, Demon Primarch papa Perty with oblit virus Iron Circle. Would be quite happy with some 40k named characters as well instead. I wouldn't complain if both happened though.... 

We just need a 40k perty model with his retinue

But what will I do then? My warband didn't care much for Perty these last millenia but I will definitely want the model! /_\

Just quickly run around looting fancy tech and gubbinz before he hits real space, you should be good. Give him his presents before he has a chance to yell at you. :biggrin.:

I can see him looking like a big Dreadnought or a fleshier Defiler. The humanoid figure with wings primarch thing is getting a bit stale IYAM, and Pert never really screamed agile flyer lol.

A big crab bot would be cool now I think of it.

I could see him looking like Urgot from League of Legends (spoiler due to size of images):

Urgot_OriginalSkin.jpg

Urgot_VU_Screenshots.jpg

But obviously more Daemonic.

.... Likewise, I could see him being kind of similar to his HH Incarnation, but super sized like an Obliterator. Also, if he can fly, why not a Jump Pack? And by that I mean: GIANT HUEG TURBINES instead of wings, like Augustus b'Rass' Nurgle Daemon Prince with the flail.