Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Iron Warriors Legion IV Legion Legio IV Chaos Space Marines Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
1686 replies to this topic

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,084 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

[...] These look more like IW traitor guard in service to the IW to me - no less expandable than cultists, of course.

Do you mean expendable? Because they don't strike me as particularly stretchy. :P

I just realized the Fantastic Four are Chaos mutants.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I get that, though that's exactly the reason why they don't look like cultists to me. These look more like IW traitor guard in service to the IW to me - no less expandable than cultists, of course.

In any case, I am looking forward to what you are going to do with them!

Yeah looking forward to getting these, as I was looking at GSC initially. Cultist or traitor guard are definitely equally worthless flesh to IW, however the traitor guard would be sightly better in outcome in attrition calculations, assuming manpower and logistics being equal to both flesh types.

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,264 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Traitor Guard are better at holding ground where even Conscript level training improves defensive positions by a marginal amount.

Or for psychological benefit when fighting other select Imperial forces. The moderate decrease in enemy morale at having to kill former comrades can be just enough to exploit a stalemate.

Traitor Guard should not be employed against forces of the Ordo Hereticus as enemy efficiency actually increases in those circumstances.

Cultists are best for mass assaults where losses mean nothing and beasts are unavailable.

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 414 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Colors question, what gold do you use for your Iron warriors ? 

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts

Well for me, super basic. Chaos black base, leadbelcher, hashut copper, heavy nuln oil wash then heavy argax wash (non gloss, though been thinking of changing to the gloss ones.). Thats just on the shoulder pad rims though, I am being less lazy with my brass, bronze and golds for my vehicles Linky in my sig, all my gold like this for my infantry. 

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Custodian Athiair

Custodian Athiair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,164 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Me personally, usually base with Leadbelcher spray, then just put a layer of Balthazaar Gold down over the top. Gentle Agrax wash, and on occassion a Hashput Copper edge highlight if I'm feeling frisky

Probably heretical due to the Plague Zombie problem springing up in the 41st Millenium.
"What in Terra's name are you doing?"
"Um...gathering tactical data."
"With a spork?"

The Leonic Heresy (alternate history): http://www.bolterand...-leonic-heresy/

Salamanders {8th}: W:24{5} D:8{0} L:10{0}

Majorbookworm

Majorbookworm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warrirors

Hashut Copper with a thin layer of Gehenna's Gold over the top for me.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts

Hashut Copper with a thin layer of Gehenna's Gold over the top for me.

That is what I was doing initially, it was just too bling in the end with my more muted overall colour scheme. 

uk_crow

uk_crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
  • Faction: House Cadmus
Fellow warsmiths I’ve built up a core of an Iron warriors force and was wondering what your thoughts are on how I should expand it!

Currently got around 1000 points, built and painted:

Winged DP with talons
5x csm, plasma gun
5x csm, plasma gun
5x csm, reaper CG
5x csm, reaper CG
Rhino
Rhino
Havocs, 2x LC, 1x ML, 1x AC
Havocs, 2x LC, 1x ML, 1x AC

Look forward to hearing your ideas, looking for a relatively competitive list but still thematic.

Cheers!

sebs_evo7

sebs_evo7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts
If you want to go traditional you could include a spear head of traitor guard with 3 bassies and a hq or personally I would add 1000 points of daemon engines

John Thompson

John Thompson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 290 posts

Hi Iron Warrior fans!

I really love the new Abaddon model and wanted to try mu hand at a conversion ever since it came out, so I build an Iron Warriors choas lord in terminator armour from it.

The pictures aren't the best as I took them with my phone, and I still need to put him on his base (I took a 60mm base as I think the base from Abaddon is a bit too big for a regular chaos lord.

Still, I hope you guys like him!

XRIj1BH.jpg

rlLd9Jh.jpg

iW6PYpt.jpg

py7F4Yl.jpg

• Custodian Athiair, Sn4k30r, Raztalin and 6 others like this

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 923 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

He's looking really good - the only part I'm not a fan of is the angle which he is holding the combi-weapon - if he held it straight so the bullets came straight down, IMHO it would look more natural.

Other than that minor, quibbling point, though - the conversion and the paint job are fantastic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Warriors Legion, IV Legion, Legio IV, Chaos Space Marines, Heretic Astartes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users