++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

• 3 weeks later...

Just notice on the Black Library - Angels of Death Omnibus novel due for release.  Stories have already been around for a while, but good chance for anyone who missed out

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/angels-of-death-ebook.html

+Architect of Fate

+The Siege of Castellax

Endeavour of Will from Architect of Fate is a pretty cool short story base on Warsmith Shon'tu.  The Warsmith who led the Son's of the Forge warband from the Sentinels of Terra supplament.  It pretty cool the description on Warsmith Shon'tu & the Bolter type weapon he has, then the Obliterators & also the Forge-Chaplain.

Also check out Talons of Horus - Valicar "the Graven", guardian of Gallium, see page 140. 

Also will any fellow Warsmiths be entering Call of Chaos with there Iron Warriors?  What are you planning on adding to your army for the Call?

I think so far it going to be

- Predator:  I've always like Predators models & always enjoy useing them in my games.  I've just got the Forge World front armour plate recently as well.

- Chaos Lord in Power Armour.  Just to give me the chose for my games.  Model wise, I'm going to have a re-read that Endeavour of Will for some idea.  I'll be base the Lord on one of my Iron Warriors back when the army started in 2001.

- Unit of Terminators:  Try finial get around to my Unbound army.

- Warsmith Abhorred Riddick Mk2 mortal version:  This is just more for display as I recently bought the metal Chaos Lord with Power Axe  & Plasma Pistol from GW web site.  The model has been one of my favrout models in the Chaos range.

- Chosen:  I want this to be my kill team unit with aim of attending a Kill team event at Warhammer World, as well as have this unit for standard games as well.  After talk about en-trench tools a few post back.  I really want to try get a elite unit converted who are trusted for the very, really important task & jobs.

Somthing like ARC troopers from Star Wars & useing idea from Graham McNeill Iron Warriors serise & ADB Talon of Horus novel toward the conversion.
For there Rhino, I'd like to try convert somthing like this - Model by George Dellapina, army was in White Dwarf 313, Dragon Slayer army.  Photo was when the army was being sold on ebay a few year ago.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/tank_zpsfaffeb13.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/tank6_zps0baffa1a.jpg

Still trying to think what else I'd like to add to the Call of Chaos.  I'll be useing this to add a few units just give me diffrent chose gaming wise & as always to add cool new models.

It'll be cool to see what models everyone will be entering into the Call of Chaos :biggrin.:

IP

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Also will any fellow Warsmiths be entering Call of Chaos with there Iron Warriors? What are you planning on adding to your army for the Call?

I'll definitely be entering the Call of Chaos. There are two Helbrutes waiting on my painting table, as well as two units of Cultists and a unit of Flesh Hounds - I don't know if I'll be vowing all of them though. But there's still some time to decide ^^

The Iron Warriors Khornite known as the Fashalon is currently besieging scholas full of blind war orphans and by besieging I mean trampling the fleeing, screaming brats under the hooves of his Juggernaut.

I have long found myself a fan of the IV Legion.  Perhaps it is the bitterness from all those horribly lost games to dice rolls that spit in the face of probability (like tabling myself, from a winning position, off the Warpstorm chart in a tournament two games in a row and only avoided the same in the third game because the TO came over 2 minute prior to my next turn where the 'what if' roll was exactly that). 

Call for Chaos is going to be tough for me as I'm running out of Chaos stuff after this last Summer, but I will find something to paint.  Perhaps the eight or so Marines from that CSM boxed set I bought to fill a few last minute holes in my vow (I swear my cat is building his own 40K army from all the stuff he's stolen; he seems particularly fond of Servitors and Chaos bits, so Dark Mechanicus perhaps?).  There is always my Space Marine stuff too; I could paint up a dozen Land Raiders or perhaps a couple of Doom Blasters.  I probably will hold off on the infantry stands though.  Tough choices...

So, we have 3 months or so to do this? I wonder if I can get my LR ready in time. It needs making also.

Yes 3 months, 15th Oct 2014 until 15th Jan 2015.

I've never done the Call of Chaos, I have no idea how to go about signing up. I've got a list of models to paint:

Predator

Maulerfiend

Bikes

Spawn

Cultists.

Do you just stick your declaration on the thread?

Semper will have a topic over in the Forge very soon for memeber to sign up & to say which units they wish to put forward during the Call of Chaos.  Over on Semper topic, you post your updates or links to any topic you;ve started to log your Call of Chaos.

Keep a eye out in the Forge area of the fourm.

With the recent opening of the Call of Chaos VII. I decided to start a new army based on the Iron Warriors, the "Steel Brethren", a warband who participated in the Siege of Vraks. I still do not have any fluff thought, as the event goes by and begins to have painted miniatures, I will write something. 

So this is the color scheme:

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u573/mandaloriano/Steel%20Brethren/Steel_Brethren_Marine_zps6fae99b9.jpg

...Iron Without!

Great to see more people join the ranks of the IVth or its descendants!

On another note, the Stonebreakers have joined the Call of Chaos. Who else is already on board?

I, Kythnos, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

• 1 Chaos Rhino with Havoc Launcher
  • 1 Helbrute with Lascannon and Missile Launcher
  • 1 Helbrute with Power Scourge and Power Fist with Heavy Flamer
  • 1 Typhus (Counts As)
  • 10 Fleshhounds (Counts As)

I will complete these units before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul! My dark deeds shall be recorded here.

Iron Within! Iron Without!

On another note, the Stonebreakers have joined the Call of Chaos. Who else is already on board?

As always, my Iron Warriors would not miss out on Call of Chaos.  Just pick up my maulerfiend model & should be converting that in a few week time.  Really looking forward seen how everyone Call get on & general see cool models.

a new(?) piece of fluff about Medrengard from the IA13 Book:

C.600-730.M34 - The Dispute of Iron

It's cause hidden to the eyes of the Imperium, a vast civil war erupts on the Daemon world of Medrengard and rapidly spreads to other domains of the Iron Warriors. Ancient pacts of fealthy and alliance are called upon and scores of Chaos Space Marine warbands, Daemon cults and Traitor Titan Legions are drawn into the maelstrom of relentless battle. This bitter feud is accredited as creating several sub-factions of the Iron Warriors still active to the present day, such as the Steel Brethren, while utterly destroying others such as the Shattered Tower. As abruptly as it was begun the war suddenly ended. leading some to believe that the conflict had been carried out according to the Daemon-Primarch Perturabo's design in order to weed out the weak and the unworthy from his scions

I sincerely can't fathom why people meat grind their own men to cull the weak. It's fitting for Perturabo, but after the Heresy you don't have the the means to replace the attrition of SM combat losses. It's a silly plot device that Chaos writers need to move away from.

Entered some of my Iron Warriors into the Call of Chaos. Good luck with your vows guys, glory to the IV. Iron Within, Iron Without. 

Also, that snippet of fluff just makes me want IA13 even more. Other than that, is there much fluff in there for the Iron Warriors?

after the Heresy you don't have the the means to replace the attrition of SM combat losses.

not true, exspecially for the IV. who had propably the easiest implantation process of all Legions even before (explains much of their tactics), possess geneseed en masse from the iron cage and a daemonculaba on Medrengard to fill it with.

is there much fluff in there for the Iron Warriors?

snippets, most is references to older stuff (castellax). interestingly though, the (lost/mythical) dark mechanicum hellforge of crucible-omega is located very close to where olympia was on the galactic map (HH books). 

I sincerely can't fathom why people meat grind their own men to cull the weak. It's fitting for Perturabo, but after the Heresy you don't have the the means to replace the attrition of SM combat losses. It's a silly plot device that Chaos writers need to move away from.

Could you perhaps elaborate on the sources saying that all of the forces of Chaos are decrepit and unable to replenish their losses?

The fluff snippet really just sounds like the Fallout from Honsou on Merdengard, civil war, killed warsmiths etc.

Also, Incinerator. Everything about marine training is about constant fighting to flush out the weak.

Look at any of the rites of passage to even be selected to be taken for screening. Rad scorpions, wolves. You name it.