++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Could someone list all the Honsou stories? I somehow lost track of him after Hiraclitus Effect. My thanks would be with you and it might also aid others interested in him.

If you check the first post I've done.  I've got a list of all novel on Warsmith Honsou by Graham McNeill from Storm of Iron to the Corpes Road.

DeRome90 - Really hopeing Graham McNeill release a future book.  If I remember right he was wanting to try finish up the Uirel & Ultramarine novels as well.  But with his new job & moving to the USA I think it just down to time?

brothers, come to my aid!

what colours would you choose for the mechanicum elements of the apolakron, the tech-priests, thallax and the like?

i don't think straight up painting them in legion colours would be tolerated by the legion, since not even their personal auxilia army share their colours, only indentured automata.

Hey guys finally got some paint on a model to start my grand company. My aim is a quick simple paint job which uses the usual 3 colour min for tournaments. The bolter still needs highlights and I'm going to practice my chevrons but what do you guys think so far?

I'm thinking chevrons on either the lower greave or the shoulder pad

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/7361/m1iID5.jpg

Hey guys finally got some paint on a model to start my grand company. My aim is a quick simple paint job which uses the usual 3 colour min for tournaments. The bolter still needs highlights and I'm going to practice my chevrons but what do you guys think so far?

I'm thinking chevrons on either the lower greave or the shoulder pad

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/7361/m1iID5.jpg

Maybe have the chevrons on one of the knee pads & the other one black?  I'd also go for the left shoulder pad with Chevrons as well. 

If it help/for idea, here the Heresy Iron Warriors I painted up in 2013 for a hobby challenge

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/IW1003941_671578916197585_8890971_n_zpsef7564e0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'd like to throw out a question for the IW gurus here. I've been a loyalist player for 20+ years, but I've always had a healthy fascination for chaos, in particular IW and nurgle. IW for the fluff and overall demeanor, nurgle for the wicked conversion potential.

I know IW view the Gods as a pantheon, and very rarely become devoted to one god. But I'd like to make an army that's been infected with a technovirus: one that's a mix of Nurgles Rot and the Obliterator Virus. (I've somewhat got a story rattling around in my head)

I'm thinking much less rotting, pus, etc, and more along the lines of the marines melding with their armour, bionics that have melded with them, exposed flesh will have a metallic hue to them, oil leaking from places oil shouldn't leak from... The pus bits will go to the daemon engines and the R&H army I'd like to go along with them

Am I possibly onto a fun, fluffy idea here, or is the thought of this blasphemy?

I know IW view the Gods as a pantheon, and very rarely become devoted to one god. But I'd like to make an army that's been infected with a technovirus: one that's a mix of Nurgles Rot and the Obliterator Virus. (I've somewhat got a story rattling around in my head)

I'm thinking much less rotting, pus, etc, and more along the lines of the marines melding with their armour, bionics that have melded with them, exposed flesh will have a metallic hue to them, oil leaking from places oil shouldn't leak from... The pus bits will go to the daemon engines and the R&H army I'd like to go along with them

Am I possibly onto a fun, fluffy idea here, or is the thought of this blasphemy?

You know...that's pretty much what Obliterators and Mutilators are. Luckily for you Iron Warriors can take Obliterators as Troop choices now even. Just with a little Nurgle touch which is totally fine. :D (not sure about Mutilators tbh)

Thanks for the quick response sfPanzer! I should have explained myself better. I'm not a gamer these days, having 3 kids has kind of killed my gaming at the moment. I'm looking at this as purely a hobby project, with the "potential" down the road to be playable.

The thought is a warsmith who is obsessed with biochem warfare, and creates a new virus. Things go wrong (or very right!) and we start getting marines who are infected. But I want a biomech infection for them of varying degrees (not the weaponized version like oblits), depending on who has embraced this infection. I really hope I'm making sense here. I'm very fluff driven, and want to make sure I'm not breaking any fluff rules here

If it's just about modeling you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as it still somewhat looks like the unit it's supposed to present. Rules change all the time so just go all out and do what you feel is cool if you aren't actively building to play anyway. ;)

However keep in mind that they would be the odd ones among Iron Warriors since IW usually cut away anything that looks like corrupted/daemonic stuff on their bodies and replace it with tech stuff.

However keep in mind that they would be the odd ones among Iron Warriors since IW usually cut away anything that looks like corrupted/daemonic stuff on their bodies and replace it with tech stuff.

Yea thats the one area I can't seem to fit in without breaking the fluff bubble. I think this ideas going back to the drawing board for now. Thanks for the help!

Pretty much a similar angle I'm going with my IW. Basically taking purturbo's habit of building robots (iron circle) and continuing it with the warband. I don't like the oblits and mutilators models so my goal is to devise some sort of robots that look like scaled down "iron circle" robots, obviously the oblits will be shootier... might go a super messed up cyborg route for possessed and their demon prince etc...

Luckily I have been playing guitar for 15+ years so lots of wound strings for making gnarly cables...

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Pretty much a similar angle I'm going with my IW. Basically taking purturbo's habit of building robots (iron circle) and continuing it with the warband. I don't like the oblits and mutilators models so my goal is to devise some sort of robots that look like scaled down "iron circle" robots, obviously the oblits will be shootier... might go a super messed up cyborg route for possessed and their demon prince etc...

Luckily I have been playing guitar for 15+ years so lots of wound strings for making gnarly cables...

Check out the Horus Heresy mechanicus range with the Ursarax model as mutilator & then the Thallax models as Obliterator - just add few heavy weapon & as you said using the guitar wire.

Only thing would be the helmet/face of the models.  Maybe cutting up part of the Iron Warrior brass etching, plasticard or green stuff?

My own Iron Warriors recently took part in the Boralis Schism campaign event that Warhammer World.  Really great event, some great games.  Another Iron Warrior force I saw that the weekend was a Helbrute force using the formation.  It was really cool & the person was exsplain a bit of the background, how the Iron Circle model was the "alpha" in the force & his warlord, about how the Helbrute, though going crazy - would understand his order.

It pretty cool & since the 5x Helbrute formation make one of them a Champion of Chaos & a warlord, well we've got a really cool it will not die warlord trait to vehicle with in 6 inch of him.

It was a really cool force & really nice person to speak with.  I didn't get to much of a chance to look around the hall to see many of the other armies but I think we where the only two Iron Warrior.

Yeah I was looking at the 30k mech stuff... my wallet threatened to set itself on fire... hahah. May have to go that route tho.

Actually need to verify the size of those models... they would have to be around the right size.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.blacklibrary.com/whats-coming-soon/march/magnus-the-red.html

Lord of the mystical and uncanny, Magnus the Red has long studied the ancient crafts of sorcery. A psyker without peer, save only for the Emperor himself, he commands his loyal followers of the Thousand Sons Legion in the Great Crusade, though also vigilant for any lost knowledge they might recover from the remains of dead human civilisations. Now, fighting alongside his brother Perturabo of the Iron Warriors, Magnus begins to foresee an approaching nexus of fate - will he remain true to their mutual aims, or divert his own efforts towards furthering his own mastery of the warp?

Has anyone read Magnus the Red, when the limited ed version of the book was release?  The standard book I belive going to be up for advance order this week & was thinking pick up, after just finish re-reading Storm of Iron recently.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/whats-coming-soon

I can sort of see both Perturabo and Magnus getting on actually. They were both some of the more misunderstood Legions but one was more attuned to the physical while the other to academics.

Just a wish but I hope this foreshadows something dow the line. What if the Traitor Primarchs are more loyal to each other than the Loyal Primarchs? That could be an interesting revelation down the line.

I can sort of see both Perturabo and Magnus getting on actually. They were both some of the more misunderstood Legions but one was more attuned to the physical while the other to academics.

Just a wish but I hope this foreshadows something dow the line. What if the Traitor Primarchs are more loyal to each other than the Loyal Primarchs? That could be an interesting revelation down the line.

It was commented on in The Horus Heresy: Angel Exterminatus about both Perturabo & Magnus get on, the Emperor ask if Perturao belive Magnus as a friend.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/angel-exterminatus-ebook.html

On another note........this seem gone up for advance order - Perturabo Hammer of Olympia, limited ed version

http://www.blacklibrary.com/whats-coming-soon/april/perturabo-hammer_of_Olympia.html

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Greetings brothers!

It has been far too long since I have raised an Iron Warriors force but soon I will make a kill team of 30k legionnaires. I know, 30k with its great crusade and that Horus Heresy business was the past and now we fight the Long War here. However I think this thread is the best reference for Iron Warrior knowledge and lore so I hope you don't mind.

Its Heralds of Ruin and I am fancying the idea of trench raiders. Having played a ton of Battlefield 1 and remembering bits of Honsou/Iron Warriors novels this seems like a doable background. I am thinking something along the lines of a dirty dozen type of unit. Essentially dead men walking who can still serve a purpose for their legion and liege. Sent on suicide missions to soften up or cause distractions in the enemies defenses. Or even the unit charged with a forlorn hope type of mission. I am just wondering what you all think about this as more ideas are always useful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Warhammer Twitch is back this week & Friday will see the IV Legion against there hated foe of the VII Legion

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/11/warhammer-live-april-12th-15th/

The Twitch games have been pretty fun to watch & it great seen a lot of the armies use in the live games.

Also with the Shadow Wars been release that the weekend & the rules going to be release seprate in a week & a half time.  Here the start to my team.  Theme going to be a unit that usely sent in advance, sort like Storm of Iron with Honsou when his company task with taken out key bunker before the Iron Warriors launch there attack.  Then later his force is use to infiltrate & gain information on the fortification, with one of Forrix own Iron Warriors going along side Honsou.

Not quite sure what list I'm going to use.  Got two set aside.  But I will build the models for both, in friendly games it not going make a differance.  While any campaign, I'm most like going to possible use the one with the Autocannon Iron Warrior for support, add cultist after each game as I get the points.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/P1070214_zpsuv9tkrad.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/P1070215_zpsydu92wpz.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/P1070216_zpsac93x4dc.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/P1070217_zps3ji9hddt.jpg