++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Yeah the Butcher Cannon array. It's just beautiful. It's a primaris killer in my opinion, 2 damage each shot, 8 of them and if you stand still you're 2+ to hit. Oh and then theres the leadership modifier if you kill someone. 

As my earlier post shows, having heavy artillery in an IW list really isn't hard to accomplish. I have actually made mine very easy to go back and forth between loyalist and traitor since I use very little actual chaosy models, so Silver Skulls or IW... I also play loyalist IW in 30k. Renegades are stupidly easy to have a spearhead of artillery of various kinds. 30 point HQ and the rest is big guns or self propelled artillery. Probably get more bang for the buck going gun carriages points wise but I prefer the look of self-propelled arty. While I am not a castling person it does form a  beautifully nice gun line supported by havocs and normal marine squads and cultists/DKoK and still gives 7 command points.

Hey so I'm looking at the hellforged Leviathan rules and it's not listed as a hellbrute in the index or the faq. I want to run one in my IW gunline but if it can't benefit from the hellbrutes ability to fire twice I'm not sure if it's worth it. It isnt a daemon engine either. Am I missing something?

The Contemptor, Deredeo and Leviathan recieved the Hellbrute keyword in the forge world faq

Huh. Somehow when I read it the first time I only read that the first two were given the rule.

5 man (plasma+combi-plasma) or 10 man (2x Heavy Weapon)

This is exactly how I kit mine out as well. Double ML since that's how I modeled them for 30k in the first place haha.

hey guys just wondering if you use normal CSM as troops? and how if you do

Yes, always do. It general 10 Chaos Space Marines with Autocannon, Melta, Icon of Vengance & Power Axe arm Champion for the bulk of my Chaos Marine squads. I always have a Rhino transport with them as I've always prefer using Mech heavy army list.

Currently going to model some different squads up as well, so have few different special weapons & champion arm diffrent

The Contemptor, Deredeo and Leviathan recieved the Hellbrute keyword in the forge world faq.

Thank for this Marqol. I was just checking that a few moment ago if the Leviathan counter as a helbrute in the Index.

Also just got this art work a few days ago. From the Forge World store that Warhammer World

gallery_13342_13449_136261.jpg

That's an awesome print, Insane. 

Balordazul, personally if I was going that sort of predator I'd get the Fw one,  but that fits the Deimos look perfectly in my opinion, goes well with the IW theme of keeping all their old tanks in good condition. Well, a workable condition. 

New Warsmith here, I've been playing off and on since 5th, but primarily spend my time converting and maybe even a little painting! I'll figure out how to set up a thread for my guys with pics a little later. I started playing a lot more in 8th and I have been really enjoying this new edition! While not totally competitive, Iron Warriors seem to be in a great place right now. Currently I have a lot of marines (chosen, havocs, berzerkers, raptors, and even some warp talons), but recently I have been expanding my army to include several different walkers (helbrutes, a leviathan, a maulerfiend, a contemptor, and a bloodslaughterer) as there seems to be some potential for a some very fun lists there. With the release of the Death Guard codex though, I'm thinking it is time to finally put some tanks in my army. Specifically the plague crawlers because they have these awesome motars that can fire indirectly and that just screams Iron Warriors to me. I am thinking of buying 3 of them so I can add a spearhead detachment to my current army. Give them a lord as their HQ choice and make him the warlord with the Arch-Contaminator trait and those motars are rerolling 1s to hit and all wounds (since they are plague weapons). In fact, a lot if DG seems to favor gunlines so I may end up using their codex for awhile just to try things out. Although I believe the best combos will come with mixing the two current chaos codexs. Anyways, glad to be joining bolter and chainsword, been lurking and reading for awhile and the vibe here seems so chill compared to other 40k forums! Edited by TasadarMadBear

The Contemptor, Deredeo and Leviathan recieved the Hellbrute keyword in the forge world faq.

Just wanted to ask if you've got a link to the Forge World FAQ. I'll try add that & the current Chaos Marine FAQ to the front of this topic page.

Current got the Leviathan on the painting station

gallery_13342_13449_46844.jpg

New Warsmith here, I've been playing off and on since 5th, but primarily spend my time converting and maybe even a little painting! I'll figure out how to set up a thread for my guys with pics a little later. I started playing a lot more in 8th and I have been really enjoying this new edition! While not totally competitive, Iron Warriors seem to be in a great place right now. Currently I have a lot of marines (chosen, havocs, berzerkers, raptors, and even some warp talons), but recently I have been expanding my army to include several different walkers (helbrutes, a leviathan, a maulerfiend, a contemptor, and a bloodslaughterer) as there seems to be some potential for a some very fun lists there. With the release of the Death Guard codex though, I'm thinking it is time to finally put some tanks in my army. Specifically the plague crawlers because they have these awesome motars that can fire indirectly and that just screams Iron Warriors to me. I am thinking of buying 3 of them so I can add a spearhead detachment to my current army. Give them a lord as their HQ choice and make him the warlord with the Arch-Contaminator trait and those motars are rerolling 1s to hit and all wounds (since they are plague weapons). In fact, a lot if DG seems to favor gunlines so I may end up using their codex for awhile just to try things out. Although I believe the best combos will come with mixing the two current chaos codexs. Anyways, glad to be joining bolter and chainsword, been lurking and reading for awhile and the vibe here seems so chill compared to other 40k forums!

Welcome TasadarMadBear

Just to say if you've got any unpainted models. Semper on the forum tend to run a hobby challenge - Call of Chaos. I'm not quite sure when it will be happen this year. But It always great.

What Mark of Chaos would you give to 3-melta gun (champion has L.Claw and combi-melta) Raptor squad? And would you give them icon? I was thinking Slaanesh (for double-tap stratagem) or Khorne (for icon of re-roll charges). And how many bodies 5? 10? Thanks in advance for any advice (haven't played Raptors in 8th).

I ran 3 tactical marines squads wupported by a lord and a sorcerer. I faced the mechanicum and the Imperial fists. I wiped the imprial fists to the man without enetering close combat even once. I had some Obliterators, but the got wiped turn 2 due to a foolish deep strike.

Question: How do I post pics to this forum.

Are you already using a site?  If not, then Bolter & Chainsword has a gallery where you can upload photos.  I've switch over to this as I'm not pay photobucket $399.99, not even the $39.99 per month chose over course of a year - your actule pay $72.98? more by monthly instead of the yearly.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/

Other wise I'm sure other can suggest other site you can us for store photos.

Just upload the photos there.  Once you've got the photos upload, when click on the image it will come up with small, medium, large.  Just click medium, then copy & paste onto your post.

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Just a quick reminder for the discussion about the FW walkers and the Helbrute-Stratagem:

We can´t use the double fire strategem with anything other the normal Helbrute, since the stratagem just says "Helbrute" as the name of the unit and not the keyword HELBRUTE, since it is not in bold letters.