++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Question: How do I post pics to this forum.

Are you already using a site? If not, then Bolter & Chainsword has a gallery where you can upload photos. I've switch over to this as I'm not pay photobucket $399.99, not even the $39.99 per month chose over course of a year - your actule pay $72.98? more by monthly instead of the yearly.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/

Other wise I'm sure other can suggest other site you can us for store photos.

Just upload the photos there. Once you've got the photos upload, when click on the image it will come up with small, medium, large. Just click medium, then copy & paste onto your post.

Thanks for this info! I will be uploading some pictures of my IW as the day continues.

Still can't get any pictures on here with my phone, but I managed to get them in to a gallery here in B&C. Here is the link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/13761-iron-warriors-8th-grand-company/

With a phone it is tedious, you probably want one page to be your gallery and the other page here where you are posting them too for the ease of copy and paste.

As for posting pics onto here with you phone, when you are in the gallery can you click on the picture and get its URL to post here using image tags?

med_gallery_101501_13761_15609.jpg

med_gallery_101501_13761_66933.jpg

med_gallery_101501_13761_50617.jpg

med_gallery_101501_13761_38994.jpg

Finally got it, thanks for everyones help! This is Waramith Metriark the Eternal Sin of the 8th Grand Company. He still needs a lot of work, I want to find some mechanical wings for him and add lots of greenstuff to make it look like he has taken over the dreadknight entirely, something akin to an obliterator.

So some new background in the new Death Guard codex. Which pit the Lord of Iron against the Lord of Death with there force, Rust & Ruin page 23 & is set during M41.

Also here the Siege Dreadnought I've been building.

med_gallery_13342_13449_21770.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_83565.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_99926.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_20905.jpg

So for the trophy - Five of the 15 on this model are base on my five games from Throne of Skulls: Dark Imperium. They where all great games, really hard fought, with a lot of epic moment & general how I enjoy the gaming side of the hobby.

Just as said I add trophy to remember games like those, it help add narrative & theme to my Iron Warriors & give those units life as they start to fourm epic deed. For exsample there one Iron Warrior Battle Brother who always seem to do well in combat vs Nids all the time. Or Champion Bronn Tal & his long history in my Iron Warriors force.

​Below is a model my round 3 oppent had donated when I explain about the trophy & why they where important to me. So they donated a Space Marine battle brother. They've created a lot of background for there DIY Chapter, with each battle brother, the games they've fought & epic deed they'd done. It was really cool see that.
​So there going to make up some background about this Marine. I'll use the model as reference when it come to painting future trophy base on this chapter.

med_gallery_13342_13449_107942.jpg

So I accidentally built an Iron Warriors army, and now I'm stuck trying to work out what models to make the HQ from. I'm thinking of using Alexis Pollux as the base for the Lord and either the MK III Techmarine or Tylos Rubio for the Sorcerer. If any of you have built these two, do the arms and pads come separately?

Dragonlover

So I accidentally built an Iron Warriors army, and now I'm stuck trying to work out what models to make the HQ from. I'm thinking of using Alexis Pollux as the base for the Lord and either the MK III Techmarine or Tylos Rubio for the Sorcerer. If any of you have built these two, do the arms and pads come separately?

Dragonlover

If your on the Horus Heresy model & building group on facebook.  Mark done a really nice conversion using Alexis Pollux for his Warsmith, using one of the Iron Hands helmets & the servo arm from the Iron Father model (tech priest one can easily swap out for that)

As for Pollux - Arm are separate & the shoulder pads are also separate

It was actually, when the codex dropped the list I'd been running my Alpha Legion under didn't really fit their Legion Tactic, but slotted into Iron Warriors quite nicely. I also had exactly enough pairs of legs to build all the basic guys with, so I knocked it together over the last couple of weeks.

@IP: Thanks for the info!

Dragonlover

Edited by Dragonlover

It's good that it worked out like that! My EC army didn't translate over so well but I think I have something that will work for them now.

It's been too long since I have had some Iron Warriors but I am day dreaming about a spearhead detachment of Leviathans...

Warsmith Morvos, unwitting follower of slannesh, takes too much pleasure in maintaining the machine (sounds wrong)

Blue tac holding him together for the moment while i wait on some servo arms from anvil industries

Bits of his armour have been stolen from a yet unnamed Iron hand who was defeated in bloody combat

One of the forge world brass etching IW symbols will be on the front of his armour which he forged from the imperial eagle that was there

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img923/3501/vDbeKj.jpg

The Chaos-ification of my Iron Warriors is progressing quite nicely:

313e2a68f568e2f569566723653776ca.png

(Note: While the original pre-conversion paintwork is all mine, I can't claim credit for anything Chaos-y which has been done to them or effects like the plasma glow.)

Sorry for posting another picture so soon after the last, but I just love how these Berzerkers have come out:

13e873e2d39456990e54a6caa57498c2.jpg

They're a combination of the plastic MkIII and AoS Blood Warriors kits with Forgeworld chainaxes and whatever bolt and plasma pistols I could scrounge out of my bitz box.

Commander Dawnstar - The Berzerker IW look really cool. Age of Sigmar models fit really well with the MkIII armour & FW shoulder pads. Are you able to get some photos of the Icon Berzkerer by themself? Just intrested see how you've done the IF trophy conversion.

sebs_evo7 - Warsmith look really cool, just thinking for finish the model. Servo arm would be pretty cool, ether the Tech Priest or the Mechanicus who led the unit of Robots for there force could be pretty cool.

I need to try find the rest of the Iron Hand model & look that using the bionic leg for future conversion.

Almost finish the Siege Dreadnought. Just waiting on a few part convert up a Iron Warrior Battle Brother arm with melta. Just remind me that the Dreadnought has one & though be pretty cool for the narrative for the model

Five of the 15 trophy are base upon the great games I had during Throne of Skulls: Dark Imperium that Warhammer World few week ago.

med_gallery_13342_13449_128283.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_17943.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_120473.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_131996.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_83906.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_19306.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_106818.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_143569.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_56147.jpg

As a note for my brothers in iron, I just noticed that we have now had two straight armies released (AdMech and Death Guard) that can count as being in cover, even in the open (via Shroudpsalm and Blight Haulers, respectively). There will likely be more of this for Tyranids and Eldar.

Looks like our Legion Trait seems to be getting a lot better. Almost as if someone knew what was coming down the line. ;)

I always said the Legion trait isn't as bad as some believe. It's just really situational. However I think people will start using lots more ruins in 8th edition due how hard it is to actually get a cover bonus and since it doesn't slow units down anymore.

Hello Legionnaires

I have been looking at the IV for quite some time and I have a question for you:

If the Obliterator Virus that makes its hosts mutate weapons from their flesh originated in this legion, how do you think the Iron Warriors feel about it since they despise mutations as a whole?

Cheers

I always said the Legion trait isn't as bad as some believe. It's just really situational. However I think people will start using lots more ruins in 8th edition due how hard it is to actually get a cover bonus and since it doesn't slow units down anymore.

There has also been a dramatic rise in the use of SM Camo Cloak Scouts and related tactics,at least here in the Western U.S.. Raven Guard Scouts in particular are incredibly annoying, to the point of shrugging off Basilisk fire and other heavy weapons due to the -1 to hit on top of +2 to save. We can at least remove that +2 to save. Goes for things like Eldar Rangers too.