++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

I havent followed WZ in a while. Wow thats a big model, looks like one of those giant samurai from the movie Suckerpunch, which despite being a horrible movie, had beautiful visuals. I dont see it for IW though, its too Japanese.  The Eradicator though would be perfect I think.

See, Eradicator is way too Battletech. Somehow a mix between the tropes of Asian warfare and the real life WW2 tactics of Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese soldiers seem VERY Iron Warriory to me. Hence, this idea :smile.:

See, Eradicator is way too Battletech. Somehow a mix between the tropes of Asian warfare and the real life WW2 tactics of Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese soldiers seem VERY Iron Warriory to me. Hence, this idea :smile.:

The model looks great, high quality, scary looking feet and weapons, but I gotta disagree on the hat fitting the theme. It looks absolutely nuts, about as fitting as a kytan engine wearing a sombrero! 

Hi, so my first 40k army was Iron Warriors and I have not played them in ages. I was spit-balling lists that I would like to do 3 things:

1. Lots of bodies, including actual chaos space marines. 
  2. Be a decent take all comers list.
  3. Mix of shooting, psychic and assault. 

The jist of the list is the sorcerer warlord keeps the screen cultists fearless and gives them a 5++ from that Tzeentch power. Changeling gives out a -1 to hit bubble to stuff around him. Lords buff CSM units in the backfield. Sorcerer on jump pack gets the Khorne Berzerkers up the field via warp time. Lots of smite to help with the lack of fire power. 

Battalion Detachment 1 (Iron Warriors)

• Sorcerer (Force Sword, Mark of Tzeentch, Warlord)
  • Lord (Power-sword, Fleshmetal Exoskeleton, Mark of Tzeentch)
  • 33 Chaos Cultists (Pistols & CCW, Mark of Tzeentch,)
  • 5 Chaos Space Marines (1 Missile Launcher, Mark of Tzeentch)
  • 5 Chaos Space Marines (1 Heavy Bolter, Mark of Tzeentch)

Battalion Detachment 2 (Iron Warriors)

• Sorcerer (Force Sword, Jump Pack, Mark of Tzeentch)
  • Lord (Power Maul, Mark of Tzeentch)
  • 20 Khorne Berzerkers (Chainswords, Icon of Wrath)
  • 5 Chaos Space Marines (1 Lascannon, Mark of Tzeentch)

Supreme Command Detachment (Chaos)

• The Changeling 
  • Malefic Lord
  • Malefic Lord
  • Malefic Lord
  • Malefic Lord

Total = 2000pts. 10CP

Edited by Relic

So something I've been wondering as I neither have the Cultists or a lot of practical experience with 8th: How do you guys get the best use out of fearless Cultist blobs?

Which characters do you take as your Warlord, how do you support them, and what sort of things do you generally aim to use them for - that sort of thing.

I've played in various ways with cultists. Basically 3 units of 30 cultists with a bare bones Lord with the cold and bitter trait, I'm tempted to swap this to a warpsmith. The cultists snake out from the lord which with 30 in a unit you can 66" reach so between 3 cover the board grabbing every objective. And that's all they're for, to grab objectives and die. If they got down to a low model count ill recycle a unit with Tide of traitors and throw into the backfield of my opponent. Sure they suffer Ld but by that time they did they're job.

Problems I've encountered is armies with firepower to just delete them wholesale. Basically AM and Admech.

I tried my hand at an Iron Warrior- disposable test marine, which felt fitting in a way- because I always had a soft spot for the boys in gunmetal and hazard stripes and I just have one question.

How in the name of the Warp do you get good looking parallel hazard stripes on the legs, and to a lesser extent,the shoulderpads?

Hello, everyone! New player here! I just got started on the hobby with the Dark Imperium box but I love the Iron Warriors so much that I’ve started collecting them.

I’m currently trying to decide what to do for a daemon prince for them. The idea was to kitbash something that was more machine than flesh but I’m still not sure about which parts I could use.

I already made a thread in the Forge so I don’t derail the conversation in here. I’d appreciate any comments/ideas you could provide.

Thank you beforehand and Iron Within!

So 6 year on since starting the Mk6 Iron Warriors & here how there looking. There wasn't any space for me to set up the Dark Mechanicus, Chaos Guards, Death Guards & Khorne models.

Also Friday 17th mark 16 years since I've been collecting Iron Warriors in general.

gallery_13342_13449_13888.jpg

As always, close up can always be found on my army log

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336629-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-project-black-crusade/

Well the question is, what can Iron Warriors do what others can't.

Their trait just gives them an advantwge.on boards with lots of cover...so unless you can pick the battlefield it's not something to build a tactic around. ^^

There's the warlord trait that makes Cultists fearless and the relic to give a character a 2+ armor which is pretty good on a Daemon Prince. Both are great things to include in an army but neither will win you games or give you a big advantage over other CSM Legions but I'd say having a huge fearless Cultist blob which you can revive&reposition via Stratagem together with a mobile Warlord to keep them fearless is the closest thing to a "trick" Iron Warriors have.

Jurmonger(sp?)

Jormungandr Edited by sfPanzer

In regards to battlefields, It is mutual and they are accepting that more cover and LOS blocking terrain is needed, as a player when setting up battlefields I would push lots of terrain hard, especially LOS blocking (doubly true against the shooty armies like AM Admech and shooty Tyranids).

I've true Cultists hordes. I've played a list of 90 cultists in units of 30, they were... ok. Question is, which is better, Autoguns or Autopistols and CCW? In my experience I think Autoguns are better as they are there to get killed slowly if they are in combat and wrap or they retreat from combat. I don't really rate giving them Flamers or Heavy Stubbers, as if they get down to small numbers I wan't recycle them with Tide of Traitors.

The obvious choice for the fleshmetal exoskelaton on paper is the Daemon Prince, however I haven't found the Daemon Prince a big performer for me as if he sticks his head out for assault he gets shot to pieces. I've generally stuck the relic on an Exalted Champion or Lord who assaults with the Khorne Berzerkers. I might try a list with Cultist horde and Berzerkers in Rhino's, Daemon Prince and Apostle.

How do you guys feel about Chaos Bikers in an IWs army?

I really want to buy a kit because I like the minis but I am doubtful because:

1) I don't know if just 3 bikers are worth it. Luckily, I play small games (1000 to 2000 pts) so that might not be so problematic.

2) They don't seem like a unit that fits well in an IWs army according to the fluff even though I was thinking that they could be explained as a scouting team, for example.

I don't think either of them fit actually, but then I don't think bikes fit in 40k either. In small points a havoc squad with special weapons in a rhino may be the way to go for mobile firepower to get to objectives. Give them flamers or plasma and let them rock. Oddly enough I have had more trouble with killing rhinos this edition than I have had with any other vehicle.

I don't think either of them fit actually, but then I don't think bikes fit in 40k either. In small points a havoc squad with special weapons in a rhino may be the way to go for mobile firepower to get to objectives. Give them flamers or plasma and let them rock. Oddly enough I have had more trouble with killing rhinos this edition than I have had with any other vehicle.

Agreed, bikes seem a bit odd in 40k but like the model.

I hadn't thought about it but Havocs + Rhino is also the fluffiest option! I'm not a big fan of the CSM havoc minis though, I think I like the MKIII ones better.

Check this out by Mark Filsy Phillips, shown over on the Forge World facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ForgeWorldUK/photos/a.257098454307442.84604.257094630974491/1966251950058742/?type=3

med_gallery_13342_13449_126795.jpg

Really temped to try convert up a Chaos version of this tank now!!!

Also I was that a charity tournament on Saturday there & my friend Syn got this photo of my: Iron Warrior Dreadnought, his: Slannesh Dreadnought & Bio: World Eater Dreadnought.

med_gallery_13342_13449_36344.jpg

Then some of my own photos from the event

med_gallery_13342_13449_83377.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_134942.jpg

My Exalted Champion building up a really great narrative thanks to epic games like these. Pretty much the amount of save he's been making in games against all odds. For example against Syn's Maulerfiend, here he is making all the saves!!!

med_gallery_13342_13449_66546.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_82575.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_53988.jpg

Then here the photos of Syn, Bio & myself Chaos armies, pretty much our Black Crusade.

gallery_13342_13449_24523.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_101935.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_59886.jpg