++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

​This sound cool

None, my lord. There are stirrings, tempest through which even I cannot gaze. Even so, I saw a sleeper entombed in rock, & a white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning. A shadow rises to the call of the Allfathers's messengers, a darkness that strikes from within. The benighted ones turn their supernatural gaze upon our worlds - the Eater of Worlds, the Corpse-King & the Misbegotten Child move once more. The Cyclopean Fiend we have already seen, even the Golden One has broken his gaze from the Empyrean again. I felt it's glare like a fire in my soul.

Also though I show some recent WIP models that will get finish during the Christmas holidays

Fifth Land Raider

gallery_13342_13449_145497.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_98359.jpg

Hellforge Predator

gallery_13342_13449_132654.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_111020.jpg

Bastion that current in planning stage.

med_gallery_13342_13449_81026.jpg

Then limited ed Iron Warrior art work, just it was away getting framed.

med_gallery_13342_13449_50684.jpg

​This sound cool

None, my lord.  There are stirrings, tempest through which even I cannot gaze.  Even so, I saw a sleeper entombed  in rock, & a white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning.  A shadow rises to the call of the Allfathers's messengers, a darkness that strikes from within.  The benighted ones turn their supernatural gaze upon our worlds - the Eater of Worlds, the Corpse-King & the Misbegotten Child move once more.  The Cyclopean Fiend we have already seen, even the Golden One has broken his gaze from the Empyrean again.  I felt it's glare like a fire in my soul.

So

Sleeper entombed in rock =  Lion obviously

White storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning = Jaghatai Khan?

Allfather's messengers [...] = Allfather sounds like it has something to do with Russ but the whole Shadow thing makes me think Corax instead. 

The chaos ones are mostly clear as well Misbegotten Child is most likely Emperor's Children = Fulgrim and Golden One....no clue...Valrak says Lorgar but this one goes beyond me to be fair.

Interesting stuff indeed.

Edited by sfPanzer

I haven't used them myself but I've seen plenty successfull tournament lists with Obliterators. Usually Slaanesh for the double shoot Stratagem and potential 5+++.

To be fair it's most of the time Alpha Legion tho for the -1 to-hit modifier when they drop >12" away.

Well, I hope they don't suck! Because I had just decided for the fluff of my warband that they're very into the Obliterator Cult.  To reflect this, I already have some count-as Oblits to waiting to be used in the TT so I'll guess I'll tell you when I try them. Hopefully some day next week.

Also, hi Nekro83! I am a newbie so I can't give much advice but I'm loving how fluffy that list of yours is!

Obliterators don't disappoint if you play smart. For me, they one-shotted Belasarius Cawl then engaged in a firefight with some cataphron breachers and a dune crawler. They lost, but reduced the crawler to below 50% wounds and killed 2 servitors.

Being the dumb newbie that I am, I need to ask, what things do you have to take into account when using Obliterators? (As in, their advantages and disadvantages, should they be accompanied by something else, can they be used accompanying some other unit, etc)

I think mark of Slaanesh is common and much more they dont need unless you happen to have room for obvious character support for them.

Personal preforance plays a huge part for them. As deep striking a massive unit of Slaanesh Terminators with combi guns is amazingly powerful too.

Ok here is my knowledge of obliterators:

If you deep strike them do so either in cover or against an opponent they will surely one-shot-kill and move on (Which is rarely or never due to them having random guns).

if you do deep strike them close to the enemy making them Slaanesh is a good idea, also sending a dedicated close-quarters-combat unit can help to either tie up some dangerous dakka or prevent a dangerous enemy unit wasting your obliterators.

If you keep them for ranged support give them alpha legion tactics or iron warriors tactic due to them ignoring cover or having a shooting debuff for the enemy, you could give them a mark of Slaanesh to further their effectiveness or a mark of Tzeentch for a changeling and -2 to hit lols.

If in doubt,  (getting deepstriked by dakka e.g.: Eldar hawks) take iron warrior tactics.

Ok here is my knowledge of obliterators:

If you deep strike them do so either in cover or against an opponent they will surely one-shot-kill and move on (Which is rarely or never due to them having random guns).

if you do deep strike them close to the enemy making them Slaanesh is a good idea, also sending a dedicated close-quarters-combat unit can help to either tie up some dangerous dakka or prevent a dangerous enemy unit wasting your obliterators.

If you keep them for ranged support give them alpha legion tactics or iron warriors tactic due to them ignoring cover or having a shooting debuff for the enemy, you could give them a mark of Slaanesh to further their effectiveness or a mark of Tzeentch for a changeling and -2 to hit lols.

If in doubt,  (getting deepstriked by dakka e.g.: Eldar hawks) take iron warrior tactics.

I tend to use mine exclusively as deep strikers to mitigate the lack of mobility inherent in most IW builds.

Threat overload is key. Never field just one unit of Obliterators and call it a day. Either field multiple or field them near other deep-striking units like Raptors or Terminators. If you are going to field Slaanesh Terminators for maximum overkill, then you probably want either Tzeentch or Nurgle Oblits for durability (with one squad of Slaanesh as a backup for the Termies in case something happens), depending on what other buffs or stratagems you plan on using.

Also, a nearby Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor will help a lot. He can drop in with the unit, allow them to reroll 1's to hit, and provide some punch in assault to deter enemy chaff units or transports that may charge to tie up your Oblits.

So just about to play a game against a friend's space wolves at my flgs.

Testing our lists for an upcoming event

1k points with patrol detachment and min 1 hq 2 troops.

I've got

1 terminator lord

5 terminators

10 cultists

10 man csm squad 2 lascannons

5 man csm squad with plasma and combi plasma

5 bezerkers

5 autocannon havocs

Rhino havoc launcher

Haven't submitted my list yet so I'm keen to see how it shakes out

Solid HQ choice who can buff. Check.

Retinue. Check.

Deepstrikers. Check.

Bodies. Double check.

Firepower. Check.

Distraction Carniferex. Check.

Rhino to move the bodies. Check.

You got a ton of bodies for 1000pt game. I suppose you have a good chance of winning, though I don't see anything that can reliably stop some wolf-cav (Terminators don't count).

Battle Brother Varik Drago, Honour Stand Bearer of the 5th Grand Company, IVth legion built. A veteran who has been carry the Grand Company banner since the Great Crusade & has kept it standing during the Horus Heresy, Siege of Terra, Iron Cage, Legion War & now the Long War.

Gaming wise he going to count as a Chaos Lord in the event I need another HQ chose, just with the way detachment are needed for army selection.

med_gallery_13342_13449_69116.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_7170.jpg

The Primaris Marine trophy that the back going to rep Dave Imperial Fist. Just with the game against Dave during Throne of Skulls Septemeber been a really important game & something that led to us always arrange a grudge game during the Throne of Skulls event to build up the narrative.

gallery_13342_13449_4352.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_85428.jpg

gallery_13342_13449_115839.jpg

I think the Marine trophy on the banner going to be a Space Wolf I fought during Throne of Skulls November 2012. I've said before, the game, image below. It been one of the hardest fought games I have ever had in the Games Workshop hobby & it had a lot epic moment. From Bronn Tal slay a Wolf Priest, turning into a Daemon Prince only to be slay by the Wolf Lord.
​With the game seen just three models each from turn 4 up to turn 7, everyone watching this game find it difficult to say how it was going but one of the most fun games they've watch.

It has been some time since I've had a game that hard & close fought.

med_gallery_13342_13449_96627.jpg

Show Varik along side fellow commander of the 5th Grand Company.

gallery_13342_13449_10492.jpg

Also getting the Contemptor Dreadnought ready for painting tomorrow.

gallery_13342_13449_89402.jpg

Solid HQ choice who can buff. Check.

Retinue. Check.

Deepstrikers. Check.

Bodies. Double check.

Firepower. Check.

Distraction Carniferex. Check.

Rhino to move the bodies. Check.

You got a ton of bodies for 1000pt game. I suppose you have a good chance of winning, though I don't see anything that can reliably stop some wolf-cav (Terminators don't count).

Ended up measuring wrong with my cultists deployment and he had enough room to outflank his wulfen and stuck a 9in charge into my havocs. That pretty much ruined my gunline

Also those hellblasters are mean, dropped the shoot twice strat from the terminators into them and succeeded in only killing two.

Called the game by end of turn 2 but was good try the list out. Looking forward to the event in Jan

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm I have a unit of 20 Breacher marines from 30k I would like to use, am I stuck with using them as just kind of characterful tactical marines or vets? I could toss them in my Spartan but after several games I find it is a far better gun boat than a transport, as in I would rather shoot 8 lascannon shots than move it and take the negative. Might toss them in a Storm Eagle. Any other ideas on what to use them as?

Hmm I have a unit of 20 Breacher marines from 30k I would like to use, am I stuck with using them as just kind of characterful tactical marines or vets? I could toss them in my Spartan but after several games I find it is a far better gun boat than a transport, as in I would rather shoot 8 lascannon shots than move it and take the negative. Might toss them in a Storm Eagle. Any other ideas on what to use them as?

A couple of suggestions:

1. Add an excessive amount of bionics and use them as Possessed.

2. Add Dirge Caster bits to the Champion's pack and use them as an assault unit of stripped down noise marines with minimum gear.

3. Tzeentch-mark them and treat them as Counts-As Rubric Marines, with the shield providing the 5++ and "All is Dust."