++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Yeh that was a cool bit on the story. I re read the beast arises for the IW story. I particularly like when he is describing the terminators all covered in barbed wire

Is anyone able to quote part from the novel?  I'm possible looking that adding another Terminator squad, theme them around the Siege Tyrants (my way) & this would be really cool for there theme.

Xenith - Something I've been trying with rust effect is, once the metal & nuln oil shade all painted & dry.  Mix typhuis corrosion with medium, put that onto part of the model, as soon as that applied I tend to use the Games Workshop dry brush & stipple the Ryza Rust effect over that.  Let it dry, then go back over with ryza rust, follow by using foam & rune fang steel.  Maybe bit of the oxide paint on part of the models or with this been Nurgle, maybe the Nurgle slim paint?

This is all I could find in the sixth book, it's very short.

When they first appear:

Behind them marched a second ten-man squad, who fanned out, adopting a staggered firing line of bolters and siege weaponry, shielding the ponderous advance of a final three Iron Warriors behind them. They were huge, armoured like tanks, and bound in razor wire. Terminators. The colossi stomped into position behind the Traitor Space Marines, Tactical Dreadnought suits purring and belching black smoke as they redressed the aim of their combi-bolters towards the Militarum Tempestus men.

And then later:

‘Theron,’ he growled. The most elaborately armoured of the Terminators turned in answer to his name, in a shiver of razorwire and painful iconography.

This is all I could find in the sixth book, it's very short.

When they first appear:

Behind them marched a second ten-man squad, who fanned out, adopting a staggered firing line of bolters and siege weaponry, shielding the ponderous advance of a final three Iron Warriors behind them. They were huge, armoured like tanks, and bound in razor wire. Terminators. The colossi stomped into position behind the Traitor Space Marines, Tactical Dreadnought suits purring and belching black smoke as they redressed the aim of their combi-bolters towards the Militarum Tempestus men.

And then later:

‘Theron,’ he growled. The most elaborately armoured of the Terminators turned in answer to his name, in a shiver of razorwire and painful iconography.

Thanks for this.

​Just planning on what I'd like to add to my Iron Warriors right now.  Just add that sub theme to a unit.  Shame Forge World no longer sell barb wire any more :(

I should be able to find the paragraph about the IWs Terminators with ease. I will check the book when I am back at home.

I was trying to find this for ages and then I remembered you only recently read it

There is also another bit either later in that book or in another book when the warsmith tasks those terminators to defend a building from a horde of orks

I think it was in that book as well I haven't picked up the 7th one yet but I remember a scene where they had to defend an entrance to a building. I have the book in epub format so doing a search for 'Terminator' helped a lot. When I got to that scene though I couldn't find any more descriptions of their armor. :(

When your that Istvaan V & you are told the time has arrive to execute order 66!!!

med_gallery_13342_13449_187237.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_280967.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_75871.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_530928.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_401955.jpg

Each year I make sure to re-read Storm of Iron that least once. No matter how many year ago it was release, how many times it been re-read. It always offer new idea's.

med_gallery_13342_13449_172246.jpg

One of the hobby dreams would be to re-create a Chaos Titan. This one been from the classic Siege of Terra display that was in Warhammer World a good long time ago. It just time. Just I've gotten part the really great battle scene with the Chaos vs Imperial titan in Storm of Iron.

med_gallery_13342_13449_31352.jpg

Also planning for Nottingham.

med_gallery_13342_13449_21325.jpg

Really cool thread you have here Insane, dont think ive browsed it till now. Dig those IWs, very cool looking stuff.

Storm of Iron is a big favorite of mine too, read that one more than a few times.

I really dig that guy checking out his holographic wrist comms!

Indeed! It's amazing. And the holographic dude is even adorable. :wub:

Man, now I feel bad that I haven't read Storm of Iron yet!

@Insane Psychopath[/size]

Could you kindly take a better shot of your standard / icon bearer and tell us which bits you used there?

You can find more photos over on my army log

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336629-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-project-black-crusade/?p=4966417

Part are

• Two different Age of Sigmar Varanguard Knight spear
  • Age of Sigmar Varanguard Knight Mace handle (hammer been use for my Exsalted Champion conversion).  Spike that the end from the Marauder Horse box set.
  • Bloodletter banner
  • Khârn legs
  • T face Berzerker helmet
  • MkIII body
  • Deathwatch legs
  • Ork Nobz metal armour loin cloth
  • Grey Knight Ward Stave
  • Skull from the 340 pack
  • Renegade trophy from Forge World.
  • Tech Priest servo arm
  • Servo arm from the datasmith, from the Mechanicus range

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, Frater-

Seems like the place to ask. Tax return this year: Wife is greenlighting some FW. I feel it's time to get some goodies for my Sons of Perturabo.

Mind, this will be the order where I get the index!

I have 2 of the old FW Castra Ferrum dreads (multimelta, cfist), a rapier laser destroyer, and a Fire Raptor from FW as-is. I also have a marine horde and sooo many terminators; but I've not switched my metallic boys over to this edition yet.

I'm leaning toward some contemptors for support. Questions for the frater!

1) What loadouts are you finding work for you? I'm leaning toward double CCW at this time, but am willing to be wrong!

2) Am I completely miscasting my eye? I don't need a top tier list, but if something is absolutely insane to miss trying this edition, I'm down for giving it a look! The other (much larger) bird that's caught my eye is a Spartan, but my Imperial Marines are already rocking one. (I'd love a Mastodon, but there's no way the wife loves me that much this year.)

Greetings, Frater-

Seems like the place to ask. Tax return this year: Wife is greenlighting some FW. I feel it's time to get some goodies for my Sons of Perturabo.

I have 2 of the old FW Castra Ferrum dreads (multimelta, cfist), a rapier laser destroyer, and a Fire Raptor from FW as-is. I also have a marine horde and sooo many terminators; but I've not switched my metallic boys over to this edition yet.

I'm leaning toward some contemptors for support. Questions for the frater!

1) What loadouts are you finding work for you? I'm leaning toward double CCW at this time, but am willing to be wrong!

2) Am I completely miscasting my eye? I don't need a top tier list, but if something is absolutely insane to miss trying this edition, I'm down for giving it a look! The other (much larger) bird that's caught my eye is a Spartan, but my Imperial Marines are already rocking one. (I'd love a Mastodon, but there's no way the wife loves me that much this year.)

If you go for Hellforged Contemptor, then Chainfist and Butcher Cannon (better twin autocannon with 36” range) or Soulburner Petard are great.

Greetings, Frater-

I have 2 of the old FW Castra Ferrum dreads (multimelta, cfist), a rapier laser destroyer, and a Fire Raptor from FW as-is. I also have a marine horde and sooo many terminators; but I've not switched my metallic boys over to this edition yet.

I'm leaning toward some contemptors for support. Questions for the frater!

I'd go with air support via Hell Talons or Xiphons....failing that some Sicarans...or a Land Raider Achilles because it's a beast and because irony.

Contemptors you can get by converting the plastic ones (If you don't want a showpiece). Easy to make a Butcher out of a Defiler's Reaper arm and the Kheres arm from thw plastic Contemptor.

Then again, if a showpiece is your concern, fluff would suggest a Typhon.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

Hey guys, I wrote a short piece for the first Rapid Fire challenge, it features my Iron Warriors warband: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344231-rapid-fire-challenge-1-february-2018/?p=5021955

Greetings, Frater-

I have 2 of the old FW Castra Ferrum dreads (multimelta, cfist), a rapier laser destroyer, and a Fire Raptor from FW as-is. I also have a marine horde and sooo many terminators; but I've not switched my metallic boys over to this edition yet.

I'm leaning toward some contemptors for support. Questions for the frater!

I'd go with air support via Hell Talons or Xiphons....failing that some Sicarans...or a Land Raider Achilles because it's a beast and because irony.

Contemptors you can get by converting the plastic ones (If you don't want a showpiece). Easy to make a Butcher out of a Defiler's Reaper arm and the Kheres arm from thw plastic Contemptor.

Then again, if a showpiece is your concern, fluff would suggest a Typhon.

I wonder, is the IWs Contemptor Dreadnought body that FW sells worth it? A friend wants to sell their Betrayal at Calth box and considering it has a Contemptor I was thinking to take it and paint it as an IW.

Up to you, really. I'm not a fan of the IW contemptor, other than the head. However, it's easier to pose it the way you want, and of course easy to arm it however you want.

The Calth contemptor's pose is super boring IMO, but it's much cheaper. If you're happy with the pose, then go for it. If you're comfortable chopping it up and reposing it, go for it.

Up to you, really. I'm not a fan of the IW contemptor, other than the head. However, it's easier to pose it the way you want, and of course easy to arm it however you want.

The Calth contemptor's pose is super boring IMO, but it's much cheaper. If you're happy with the pose, then go for it. If you're comfortable chopping it up and reposing it, go for it.

BTW, having done that chopping and re-posing, including arm reversals to put weapons on opposite sides, it's super easy from the waist up. I wouldn't touch the legs, though.

2 key things to make it unique: 

1. Have something interesting to do with the arms.

2. Have some spare detail bits to add to the head and front chestplate. A cut-down Defiler mask comes to mind, esp. the one with the t-slot helm and vertical horns.

My advice would be to get ahold of two Contemptors, then chop and reverse one CC arm and one Kheres, doing some posing in the process. Build one with dual Kheres and the other with dual CC arms. Leave the Combi-Bolter pieces out when assembling the CC arms, then glue a sawed off Autocannon barrel or something of similar width in each one after gluing small blade bits around the barrels so that they look like claws or teeth. Now you have Soulburners.

Also, the Havoc Launcher from Chaos Vehicles doesn't fit well on the plastic Contemptor. Try gluing one of the overhead racks from a Space Marine Landspeeder to the top of the carapace somewhere. Should work fine.

ONE LAST EDIT: If you don't want the Kheres, you can turn them into Butcher Cannons by cutting the barrels and rails off, except the bottom one. Then attach some kind of huge blade to that and glue on two barrels from bits of your choosing, in an over/under config. The closest match are the barrels from the Reaper Autocannon on the Defiler. Here's how it looked on my Night Lord Contemptor:

Contemptor

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch