++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Your IW look great. I especially like the highlighting on the plasma gun.

With regard to your terminators, I like Option 3 the best. You could dig around in your bitz box to see if you have "servo-arm" like bitz. That way your special weapons can come over the top of the model, akin to the tech marine's setup. Such a conversion would be appropriate for IW.

I'd have to agree with Tallarn Commander, if only for the fact that if you were to do that set up it would be very similar in style to the Iron Circle which would be a cool nod to the Primarch and that fluff.

So you mentioned Iron Circle....I'm going down the fairly well trodden path of making one into a daemon prince. I wanted to include either a Helbrute scourge or Maulderfiend lasher tendrils (or perhaps both). I'm also planning to build it a jump pack. Anyway, I've got a pre-assembled one from Ebay but, before I dis-assemble it I've had a play around with a few different options for potentially placing a scourge - under the shoulder pads, attached to the wirst or as the actual weapon itself. Be interested to know what you guys think is the best direction:

DV1gEQV.jpg

8OcReoV.jpg

SBnzn41.jpg

[quote name="DaisyDuke" post="5049953" timestamp=

What about cutting the guns up and have them coming out of the shield above where the hand is.

Is this what you mean?

sR3LJXK.jpg

That’s looking tidy. But not quite, I was thinking of the barrels and bayonet coming out the front of the shield. If you took a slice out of the combi Bolter the thickness of the shield, and then use the arm to hold the shield and line up the barrels on the other side, it looks around where that skull iconography is.

Just an idea. Loving the shield rocking look by the way.

@DaisyDuke so perhaps something like this? This is a version I made with some third party wrist mounted weaponary, although representing different combi options on this would be a huge pain.

Rs7r6PN.jpg

m7NkODv.jpg

++Throne of Skulls April 2018++

med_gallery_13342_13449_450759.jpg

Over the past few week I've been getting ready for Warhammer World Throne of Skulls April event. From painting 53 Custodian models for my friend to pick what they'd use for the event. Then painting new models for myself to take.

Some models ended up not been taken like the Predator. That the start it was getting down to time, then when I written my army list - turn out it was making me over power level points.
​This led to trying find what to take. In the end my Helbrute with Twin Lascannon, the Forge World IW Dread, he became part of my list & it just really click keep with the theme & narrative I wanted for my force, most of all he was there for the 1000th game for Round 5.

I've just return home two hour ago after travel back from Nottingham since 7am. A LOT happen, I don't even know where to start & there yet possible more happing.

Let see how this goes

- I have 5 great games during the event no matter the finial out come. There was a lot epic moment & for me that more important, that what made me enjoy attending & why I support Throne of Skulls. I really dislike the mentality of turn 1 stomp it not fun, it not epic.
​I want games where it cool, lot great stuff happen & will make me rememeber those games for year to come & why I add the trophy.

Also had a great game against my friend who live in Nottingham as we book the titan table for our game.

- Always happy with army nominee. This event seen the most up for nominee as the standard was really high. There 12 of us in all who where up for nominee. It tend to be around 6 to maybe 9.

- I've said before in this army log. One of my hardest fought & best games Warhammer 40,000 has been against Space Wolves, during Throne of Skulls Nov 2012. We both had 3 models each turn 4-7.
​6 year on... That game just been beaten which I though would never happen. Game 999, round 4 that Throne of Skulls saw Lord Narach battle Drago in Close combat from turn 4 to turn 6, they where the only models left in both our armies & both on a single wound each!!! Had a lot of the event team, Ceri from the community team & many other watching that game & comment how brutal it was looking & how little was left. Cheer both commander as they made there attack, there save.

- Round 5 saw my 1000th game with the Iron Warriors, a great game against Alpha Legion with a Berzerker Daemon prince on a single wound (thank Lord Narach before been slay).

I've kept count of my games as I think it something cool. I use to have the win, loss & draw, but few year back see that not really the point of it. Again I just want to rememeber the games as been cool & epic moment. My Iron Warriors mean a lot to me & try keep record with set things.

​I did not expect the Warhammer World event team to point out before Round 5 started, that the game was going to be my 1000th.

I'm still sort though the photos right now. There a lot going to be posted over the next few updated.

​Just keep it easy right now as I'm starting to suffer a bit from the travel side. Here the photos that where from the Warhammer World facebook page from the Throne of Skulls events. There are some new models.

med_gallery_13342_13449_11925.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_69911.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_19695.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_56131.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_47565.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_79206.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_17216.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_25094.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_60939.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_73313.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_67040.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_37299.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_50831.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_10748.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_10990.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_79872.jpg

Transfer

I order transfer from a company in January but I've not really heard much from them since then. I was really needing a list of campaign for my new standard bearer banner to help with the narrative & just look cool. I was hoping to have them before Throne of Skulls April. But as time went on, I was losing hope that this would happen.

​Quick asking about. I got point out to a company called Wessex, base in Australia. They where VERY HRLPFUL. With in four days of me asking what they could do, they had the transfer sorted, they had x22 list of Campaign. They did try send them so I would get them last Tuesday, however the Easter holiday sort kick that in. But the transfer arrive on Saturday.
​I'm really happy with the transfer. Overall it been a great experience with Wessex, just how much they help with the littile time I had (two week before Throne of Skulls when I message them).

http://wessextransfers.com/

So I'd really recommend them for custom transfer. Really impress.

​I will not be adding the transfer right away. It going to depend how I am tomorrow, as said travel like this does take it toll on me. If I am ok, then I will be getting the list campaign added to the banner & a few other models tomorrow. If not, then it going to be Thursday.

​Not sure if it show in the photo. But they will show when I post the models later in the week.

med_gallery_13342_13449_398584.jpg

Then a few thing I got while that Warhammer World.

​Diorama book - The display is one of the main thing I spend my time seen that Warhammer World. It something I like & done a NQ to HND model making course. So I know & see it in a different light from other see how there built.
​It really great & got a lot idea.

​Then more Chaos coins along side once I've already gotten a while back. I use them as command point in my games.

med_gallery_13342_13449_116090.jpg

Then the Long War is eternal. The FW version of a Warpsmith, narrative he going to be the "main" Warpsmith who deal with the Daemonic tank side of thing. Then the Iron Circle models are going to be converted into Decimators.

med_gallery_13342_13449_138385.jpg

That it for now. Over the next few updates I will also add some photos of my games. About the epic moment that happen, as ever game was bloody. I'm really grateful to gotten my 1000th game that Warhammer World. This is my home away from home. It wired, ten year ago I had my 500th game, two year ago I had my birthday there the day after Throne of Skulls September 2016.

Dam you psyco, you really do pump out some great stuff! And you pump it out so quickly too (jealous) haha.

Give props to the person who did that dp/dreadknight conversion. Do they have any wip pics? Would be very interested to see how that was put together.

I recon something like that would look great in a iron worriors colour scheme ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Dam you psyco, you really do pump out some great stuff! And you pump it out so quickly too (jealous) haha.

Give props to the person who did that dp/dreadknight conversion. Do they have any wip pics? Would be very interested to see how that was put together.

I recon something like that would look great in a iron worriors colour scheme :wink:

The conversion was a Daemon Prince & Dreadknight kit, the face from the Bloodletter & a bit of green stuff.  I don't think there any WIP photos on the store facebook page & photo shown was the one from the older Games Workshop what new today blog.  The model converted for Games Day when one of the board where base upon the 1st war of Armageddon.

ETL has return after a year break.  Those who don't know about ETL, best check this out & wait for further detail

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/345917-its-been-a-long-time/

Who will be taken part & what are you vow for ETL?

​Right now it will be the following for me.

• Forge World version of Warpsmith from the Index.  Not quite sure there name.
  • Siege Dreadnought with Soul burner.
  • Dredo (?) Dreadnought
  • 2 Decimator, converting up the Iron Circle
  • 30 Cultist
  • 5 Havocs with Lascannon.
  • 2 Bastion, they will be a later vow allow me time to model them rather than vow & struggle a bit holding back other models I could get painted.

BATTALION DETACHMENT

HQ

Chaos Lord 74 pts

Cold and Bitter

Chaos Sorcerer 110 pts

Prescience

…….

TROOPS

Chaos Cultists 20 80 pts

Autoguns

Chaos Cultists 20 80 pts

Autoguns

Chaos Cultists 20 80 pts

Autoguns

ELITES

Hellbrute 72 pts

Hellbrute 72 pts

Hellbrute 140 pts

Rocket Launcher

Power scourge

FLYERS

Helldrake 168

Baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT

Obliterators 3 195 pts

Slaanesh

Havocs 5 175 pts

4 Lascannons

Slaanesh

Havocs 5 175 pts

4 Rocket Launchers

Slaanesh

The plan is to create a gunline, cultists in the front holding objectives anchored by the chaos lord.

The Havocs create a firing squad to kill any dangerous units with anti-vehicle and anti-heavy infantry firepower, the endless cacophony can go off on them for maximum killiness.

Obliterators drop down to assassinate specific targets, the endless cacophony can go off on them for maximum killiness.

The sorcerer buffs the two units with prescience

Helldrake and two basic helbrutes go around killing stuff, distracting firepower and killing stuff that comes a bit too close to the gunline.

The third hellbrute with the missile launcher and powers courage protects the havocs, depends if they are divided up on the table or together for the optimal line of sight.

Sorry, here is the corrected post...

BATTALION DETACHMENT

HQ

Chaos Lord 74 pts

Cold and Bitter

Chaos Sorcerer 110 pts

Prescience

…….

TROOPS

Chaos Cultists 20 80 pts

Autoguns

Chaos Cultists 20 80 pts

Autoguns

Chaos Cultists 20 80 pts

Autoguns

ELITES

Hellbrute 72 pts

Hellbrute 72 pts

Hellbrute 140 pts

Rocket Launcher

Power scourge

FLYERS

Helldrake 168

Baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT

Obliterators 3 195 pts

Slaanesh

Havocs 5 175 pts

4 Lascannons

Slaanesh

Havocs 5 175 pts

4 Rocket Launchers

Slaanesh

The plan is to create a gunline, cultists in the front holding objectives anchored by the chaos lord.

The Havocs create a firing squad to kill any dangerous units with anti-vehicle and anti-heavy infantry firepower, the endless cacophony can go off on them for maximum killiness.

Obliterators drop down to assassinate specific targets, the endless cacophony can go off on them for maximum killiness.

The sorcerer buffs the two units with prescience

Helldrake and two basic helbrutes go around killing stuff, distracting firepower and killing stuff that comes a bit too close to the gunline.

The third hellbrute with the missile launcher and powers courage protects the havocs, depends if they are divided up on the table or together for the optimal line of sight.

Hi there, I am sorry to say your Hellbrutes are invalid. You haven't paid for any equipment on the other two, you would need to drop one and give the other equipment.

There is an arguement that Missile Launchers aren't worth it compared to Lascannons, I am not convinced myself. 

What is the purpose of the Cultists? I a carpet that runs forward or objective camping? 

I would suggest if you can adding some extra bodies onto your Havocs if can find the points, if I was facing your army they are the very first things I would shoot.

Yeah the two Helbrutes are illegal. At the absolute minimum a Helbrute costs 127p and has only a single Reaper autocannon and a Fist then.

Your Heldrake isn't calculated properly either. It should be 185p with a Baleflamer.

Your Sorcerer is 12p off as well. With just the basic war gear it should be 98p.

5 Havocs with 4 Lascannons/Missile Launcher, no Icon and no stuff on the Campion is 165p.

Adjusting those points and giving the two Helbrutes the minimum cost loadout would push your list to 1516p. If you have trouble determining the point costs on your own I suggest downloading Battlescribe. Much easier that way. ;)

What kind of games do you want to play? In matched play you can attempt to use each psychic power (aside from Smite) only once per turn so only one unit can get Prescience cast on it. Same goes for Stratagems btw. in case you didn't know that yet.

Also unless it's okay with your group/your opponent you should try to not go over the points limit. I assume you aimed for 1500p and depending on the group/opponent 1501p won't fly (not in my group if talked about it beforehand but there are other groups and pickup games against random people and tournaments as well).

Erm, could it be Perturabo contracts the Obliterator Virus in 30k? The cover of the Slaves to Darkness HH novel (https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/04/25/brand-new-cover-art-revealed-apr25/) has him bedecked in quite the Panoply of guns

I was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions for things to take on over the course of this ETL:

At the moment I'm set to do a Daemon Prince, six Obliterators and 30 Cultists, but beyond that I'm not really seeing much which appeals.

I already own more than enough generic Marines (including three Havoc Squads and some Plasma Havocs/Chosen) and Terminators, two Helbrutes and a Predator, so I'm not really seeing much that interests me in the vast majority of the CSM infantry choices, and the shooting platform space already seems a bit full to justify any more tanks or walkers if I'm likely to be playing at 2,000 points or less. I'd been considering a Heldrake after seeing some interesting discussion about using them lately but that's the only unit from the CSM 'dex that I can say I'm at all interested in right now.

Does anyone have any experience with using Plague Marines or just outright Death Guard allies with their Iron Warriors?

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

Does anyone have any experience with using Plague Marines or just outright Death Guard allies with their Iron Warriors?

Not gaming wise quite yet. But I do have Death Guard allies to my Iron Warriors, as part of a Black Crusade theme force I've got planned as a long term project.

Will any fellow Iron Warriors hobbiest be taken part in ETL?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/

Here what I've vowed for the first part

I Insane Psychopath rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine forum and vow to complete

​Vow 1

• Chaos hellwright on Dark Abeyant, infernal axe, mechhatendrils, voidcutter, flamer. Dark Abeyant w/warplance 178
  • Decimator, claw w/heavy hellflamer, soulburner petrard 167
  • Decimator, claw w/heavy hellflamer, soulburner petrard 167
  • 5 Havocs with 4 Lascannon 165
  • 3 Obliterators 195
  • Siege Dreadnought, soulburner ribaudkin, siege claw, 2 hellflamer, melta 351
  • Dreado Dreadnought, butcher cannon, twin heavy bolter, great havoc launcher 253
  • 10 Cultist 40
  • 10 Cultist 40
  • 10 Cultist 40

++Please let me know if I've mess up any points & will edit them.

of total value 1596 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

​Here the Hellwright, just waiting on a Wrathmonger axe to arrive & some part to make the base. Should be ready paint next week.

med_gallery_13342_13449_188173.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_442740.jpg

Waiting on first Forge World order to arrive this week for my Lascannon Havocs. Then Monday place the order for my Siege & Anti Air Dreadnought. Got a few days off during the 12th to 15th, try get a Bastion sorted (later vow) & majority of the vow list there.

Will any fellow Iron Warriors hobbiest be taken part in ETL?

My current plans are something like:

Month 1: Six Obliterators, 30 Cultists, Warpsmith

Month 2: Winged Daemon Prince, 20 Daemonettes, Heldrake

Month 3: [To Be Determined]

Assuming I make it there on schedule, right now I'm weighing my options between a pair of Mawlerfields (plus something else), some Death Guard stuff or perhaps a Leviathan or Kytan for the third month. I may well find something else outside that list though given how undecided I am.

I've got another ten pairs of Mk III torsos and legs lying around as well so I might find some use for them too if I have the time.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

I play in a campaign that has been going for 20 years. It is set in the "Aleph sector" which is near the Tau Empire. Conveniently the tail end of the Cicatrix Maladictum passed right through where the aleph sector was placed (16 years ago! prophetic or what?).

Aleph%2BSector%2B0105_018M42.png

Since the warp scar tore through the Aleph Sector, battles have raged over the stable warp routes through the scar, my Iron Warriors have been fighting for Tarlius, slowly and methodically conquering and fortifying as they go. The latest battle was against a the whole 3rd company of the Imperial Fists in a 3000 point game.

The Mission was Sealed Orders, the deployment quarters. The game went to turn 7

31945877_10151165555189977_1783095508756

Warsmith Lycurgus Stahl had received disturbing news, First Captain Darneth Lysander of the Imperial Fists had returned to the Aleph Sector, once again with the 3rd Company of the Imperial Fists. Worse, they had snuck into the Tarlius system and deployed at full strength on Gregland, formerly Tarlius III, fortifying around the defence lasers and spaceport. For Stahl, this would not stand and the Iron Warriors with take their iron to the stone of the Imperial Fists. The Iron Warriors diverted some their fleet from Minos to Tarlius and escorted the heavy landers carrying fresh troops. For days the defence lasers on Gregland traded fire with Stahl's ships, but without any Imperial fleet support there could be only one outcome - on the early morning of 0505.18M42 heavy landers deployed the Iron Warrior forces just outside the fortified spaceport.

IMG_8622.JPGThe Imperial Fists deployed in their positions, an Aegis Defence line the mark that the Iron Warriors must not cross. Quickly in the gloom the Iron Warriors made their makeshift fortifications in the ruins opposite, with armoured divisions moving up soon after. Despite deploying at Company strength, the Imperial Fists had been unable to deploy much in the way of heavy armour and so, only a handful of Dreadnoughts along with a Deredeo provided armour support. In contrast, the Iron Warriors had deployed daemonic Decimators, Predators and Land Raiders, flanked by Rhinos, all filled with the madmen of the Forlorn. Stahl finally deployed himself, stepping from the Land Raider he elected to direct the fire of the predators and Havocs. The Legionne Astartes of Stahl's Iron Warriors were outnumbered by Adeptus Astartes of the Imperial Fists, but they more than made up for this with armour and mortal slaves.

Identifying the Dreadnoughts to be a danger, a Helldrake deployed from high-orbit and screeched across the battlefield blazing into one Dreadnoughts and engaging the other as the Land Raiders, Rhinos and Cultists all surged forward. The Daemon Prince swooped alongside and obfuscated the Land Raider from targetting augers as Rhinos deployed smoke against counterfire. The Iron Warriors opened fire, destroying a Dreadnought and injuring another. Recognising the danger the Helldrake presented to the Imperial Fists defence, they directed the mass of their fire at it, bringing it down amongst their line with explosive results, causing further casualties to the fists. 31957612_10151165555219977_2478096533795

IMG_8623.JPG

Bolter fire erupted from the Imperial Fist line, as Lysanders men engaged in bolter drill. The berserkers of the Forlorn,the Daemon Prince and cultist horde charged, many were cut down but not nearly enough as the entire line erupted into bloody melee. From his command position with the Havocs, Lygcurgus Stahl calmly directed the Charybdis Thorakitai to take key strategic positions throughout the area, preparing for future battles and fortifications, all the while the Imperial Fists fought for their lives. The Havocs laughed as they took shots of opportunity against the Imperial Fists, not caring if they hit the expendable mortals or Forlorn. The Imperial Fists were pushed back. For two hours the melee raged until the bloodied Imperial Fists took the defence line back and the last Berzerker cut down. However the carnage had given the time the Iron Warriors needed, bringing in even more reinforcements, it was clear the day was won and the planet lost. More than three quarters of the Imperial Fists 3rd Company had been cut down in the fighting, which had only recently been rebuilt from it's disastrous loss at Bastien four years ago, which was also at Stahl's hands. Despite the clear loss, Lysander refused to give ground, charging and crushing the skull of the Daemon Prince then out beyond the defence line, determined to avenge the loss of the 3rd Company. The heavy armour in the Iron Warriors, moved forward to meet him, cutting down the company ancient and the 3rd company banner, methodically closing their grip on the Imperial Fists. The Sorcerer Nicator met Lysanders charge with magics and blade, dodging the slower, grieving warrior and driving his Force sword directly into the Captains primary heart. Moments before Lysanders soul was torn from his body the Strike Cruiser Dorns Justita Fides teleported the near death Captain away.

The day nearing it's end the Imperial Fists surviving Astartes refused to give ground and were gunned down mercilessly by the laughing Iron Warriors. The Techmarine, the last surviving Imperial Fist, was cut down protecting the fallen Deredeo.

The defences of the Space Port overrun and the utter annihilation of the Imperial Fists left Gregland helpless. It was said in the coming days Warsmith Stahl would hurl the newly installed planetary Governor, the one that named the planet, from the highest building as a warning to any who dared defy him. As a last act of venom, Stahl broadcast that Tarlius III was to be known as “Darnath's Folly”, an insult to Darnath Lysander who still lived despite the Sorcerer Nicator's blade.

Tarlius%2B0605_018M42.png

I want to next play a large "Last Stand" mission from the Stronghold Assault missions in Chapter Approved, representing the final push on Tarlius II to capture the sector commander of the Loyalist Imperial Forces (The Imperial forces are in two factions - Crusade, and Loyalist, it was all because of a dispute between inquisitors that got out of hand and has factionalised the forced in the sector)

http://alephsector.blogspot.co.uk

Edited by Iron_Within

Anyone got any tips for freehanding the Iron Warriors logo? I've freehanded the logos for the last two armies I've done (Alpha Legion and The Harvest) and I'd like to keep the style consistent rather than using Shapeways pad-toppers on some armies and freehanding others.

Dragonlover