2500 Iron Hands

Soulshade

Ok this is my first list for an actual HH era force. Just wondering what you guys think of the list and if Im breaking any major fluff rules.

Im building this for a HH era campaign in April next year.

Using the Age of Darkness FoC and Head of the Gorgon RoW

HQ

[240]Iron Farther Autek Mor - Cyber-familiar

[210]Legion Praetor - Iron Father, Iron Halos, Cyber Familiar, Paragon Blade

Troops

[185]Tactical Squad - Rhino

Elite

[755]10 Gorgon Terminators - 2x Grav guns,

Hammer Bearer - Cyber familiar

Spartan Assault Tank - Armoured Ceramite, Flare shield

Heavy Support

[175]Sicarian Battle Tank - Lascannons

[1xx]Whirlwind Scorpius

Lord of War

[430]Typhon Heavy Siege tank - Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons, Multimelta.

General ideas!

All I deploy are tanks. Super quick to set up and looks ace. Great for campaigns and tournaments ect

All the HQs and Gorgons ride in the spartan charging up the middle.

Depending on the game, the Tac squads outflank in the rhinos if its objective based, or hang around out of the tanks in ruins other wise.

Both Sicarians outflank too.

The scorpius hangs around the backfield claiming the home objective.

Typhon blows stuff up. Though I will try move it as long as I can still fire it. The tankshock (thunder blitz) with this thing is brutal. Who needs that gun when you can just run over a unit.

So thoughts guys? Ive about 40 points free still at the moment and I have over loaded the weapons on some tanks. So if I have missed something important let me know.

Edit:- Typos, formatting

No castrman orth in a tanks list? Well if you don't want a BS5 tank hunting sicaran....

Is Autek Mor bringing enough to your list for the points?

Finally, you look a bit short on troops, but it is hard to pretend that this doesn't look like a bag full of fun :)

Ok list tweak to take on board Kor'vesh's advice

HQ

[240]Iron Farther Autek Mor - Cyber-familiar

[210]Legion Praetor - Iron Father, Iron Halos, Cyber Familiar, Paragon Blade

[8x]Castrmen Orth

Troops

Elite

[720]10 Gorgon Terminators

Hammer Bearer - Cyber Familiar

Spartan Assault Tank - Armoured Ceramite, Frag assault Launchers

Heavy Support

[1xx]Whirlwind Scorpius

Lord of War

[410]Typhon Heavy Siege tank - Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons,

kept Autek Mor, prefered enemy for the gorgon squad is damn nice. Droped the Gorgons ranged weapons upgrade as tbh they should be in the spartan most of the time. Also gave the spartan frag assault launchers to assist with charges into terrain.

I'd strongly consider the Flare Shield unless theres something about the IH's that I don't know about. That -1S to front Arc Shots against the tank will make it THAT much more durable and a safer investment.

Well the idea was that when using the RoW: Hand of the Gorgon all IH tanks get Blessed autosimulacra for free. That coupled with the 2 Battlesmiths inside the tank means hull pointing it would take forever and I can repair most damage. You would have to get a lucky Lascannon shot in or use a D weapon to actually explode the tank.

Flare shield has no effect Vs D weapons or shots that arnt in the front arc.So the Flare shield would protect me from Lascannons in the front arc of the tank, that hit, got a 6 to pen, and a 6 on the damage chart. That isnt worth the investment imo. Though I accept the fact that my opponent will get lucky. Probably more often then not tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've not had a thorough look through atm but I don't see the need for two praetors (Autek-Mor + G.I. Joe) as the second one doesn't add much for an expensive and Imo. prohibitive cost - I'd drop him and pump those points into some more troops - as it is right now if you lose yours troops and either the Typhon or Autek + friends then that's your objective holding gone plus a massive swathe of your army.

Another thing to note is that for the price Gorgons really aren't that effective, you'd be better off trucking up with 'regular' Cataphractii or going the route that Autek allows and taking some Castellax for some really hard to kill robots.

Gorgons are a bit tougher than Cataphractii against non-ID weapons mind, so there's that. Also if there were Castellax, yeah they're cool, but where would Autek go?

I'm at work so can't check massacre atm - but I believe as he's got the Cortex he can actually go with them (and who doesn't like 15ft high robots as bodyguards/shields) - if not then perhaps only take 1-3 of them (1 plus Paragon of Metal can be pretty darn mean) and a small Cataphractii bodyguard team?

Cortex just lets them not go haywire and waddle around (as penguiny and awesome as that may be). 7th means guys in Castellax units is a no go :/ The second idea about the Cataphractii is canny though, I like the combo.

• 4 weeks later...

An update to the list  as a few things have changed. First, I'm not allowed Special characters at this weekend event the army is planned for. Secondly, Ive had a few basehammer games, and while I love the concept of an all tank deployment (and how awesome that looks at deployment) I dont have enough anti tank, even with all those tanks. So Ive done some tweaks.

HQ

[210]Legion Praetor - Iron Father, Cataphract Armour, Cyber Familiar, Paragon Blade

Troops

Elite

[735]10 Gorgon Terminators

Hammer Bearer - Cyber Familiar

Spartan Assault Tank - Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield, Frag assault Launchers

[180]Comtemptor-Mortis Dread - Kheres Assault cannons

[225]Rapier Weapons Battery - 3x Graviton Cannons

Heavy Support

[19x]Sicarian Venator

Lord of War

[410]Typhon Heavy Siege tank - Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons,

Now I dont know if the Grav Cannons will cut it or if I should ditch them for another tank. I was looking at the Thudd gun for a long long time, then noticed it doesnt have the Str 8 option for light tank shooting.

Archived