Talon of Horus

RastlinD

In ABD new book named conveniently "The Talon of Horus" there is a passage where it is mentioned that the weapon Abaddon now wields has killed two Primarchs. I was racking my brain and can only think of one Sanguinius, I guess one could argue the other is the Emperor but he is clearly not a Primarch.

Can any one help me with the other one? If needed I can also provide a page number from the book.

Had the same though actually. There was a discussion about it on Warseer but... well, you know.

I'd say Horus Clone.

In the battle at the end of the book, Abaddon doesn't use the Talon at all until he plunges it into the HC's chest, like he was saving it just for that purpose

So I'd say yes, Sanguinius and Horus Clone. The only other possibility would be that they expand on Dorn's death and have Abbadon kill/execute him.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same though actually. There was a discussion about it on Warseer but... well, you know.

I'd say Horus Clone.

In the battle at the end of the book, Abaddon doesn't use the Talon at all until he plunges it into the HC's chest, like he was saving it just for that purpose

So I'd say yes, Sanguinius and Horus Clone. The only other possibility would be that they expand on Dorn's death and have Abbadon kill/execute him.

Can you imagine the wailing if Abaddon personally kills both Dorn and Sigismund in the 1st Black Crusade?

Behold, from a little thread about a year ago:

Thousands planets, systems, put to the sword, right ?

Yeah, that's something GW rarely built upon, when you think about it. And that's a shame.

Could be awesomely cool if Abaddon was involved in the death of Rogal Dorn. I mean, that would kinda scream "Hey folks, I'm about to end everything you've ever cherished".

I tried that, actually. They were firming up the dates and I said "I want the Black Crusade where Rogal Dorn dies. Could be Book 4 or 5 in the series."

But the studio had locked it down in a lesser Black Crusade already.

Plus, a little of this from earlier in the year:

So, both Dorn and Sigismund die during the first Black Crusade?

I thought that's where Dorn went down originally, but nope. Dorn dies aboard the Sword of Sacrilege in "a Black Crusade" between the First and Second (apparently not even one of Abaddon's, according to the Lore Peeps). I've got the actual date in my notes, but I'm on my iPad on my break. Early M32, I think. A couple of hundred years after the First Black Crusade, either way. (This all came from one of the meetings/documents where we had to plan out just what actual dates the primarchs all went down.)

Which is annoying, as I had this whole theme idea of it being the moment the Imperium finally has to accept that the tides have changed, and so on. But we had a bunch of talks about this, and Dorn was off the cards for anything like that. Someone wanted to do something with him elsewhere at some point, so it was vetoed by virtue of them asking first. No biggie, though. Ideas are free. Always more where they came from, and I prefer the resonance and symmetry of it being Sigismund. Someone else can tell Dorn's tale.

It's always interesting to me how a first idea can be so easily replaced by a better second idea. The resonance and impact of it being Sigismund is so much more meaningful and personal than it being Dorn. Dorn has Primarch Factor, which (occasionally sadly) immediately puts asses in chairs, but doesn't always make for the most narratively strong or symbolic event.

So, so glad I went with Sigismund now.

It's always interesting to me how a first idea can be so easily replaced by a better second idea. The resonance and impact of it being Sigismund is so much more meaningful and personal than it being Dorn. Dorn has Primarch Factor, which (occasionally sadly) immediately puts asses in chairs, but doesn't always make for the most narratively strong or symbolic event.

So, so glad I went with Sigismund now.

I think this is why I always liked Lucius better then Fulgrim. Fulgrim functions good as someone to idealize, but Lucius is a more human-ish character being corrupted by Slaanesh, entirely capable of losing...indeed, when he loses it's a big part of his character. Beating Gaviel Loken in his rematch wouldn't of meant as much if he didn't lose to him the first round, nor would beating Sanakhet if he hadn't been 'killed' by Sharrowkyn, it shows that the character is growing, and that's compelling in it's own right.

Okay I am taking a super-duper convoluted route, but what if the second primarch that was killed is one of the forgotten legions? Killed by a then throne-loyal Horus, at the Emperor's request (perhaps in some campaign against them). It could just be another little crumb dropped by a BL author, mentioning the forgotten legions but never really expanding on them. Like I said, a super-duper "whoa-man" route smile.png

Archived