30K player wannabe psycology failure

caprera

I am of confus,

I made the mistake of reading "Legion" by D.Abnett after the all the other books by the same author along with "Scars" and "Deliverance Lost". At the time I was going for the Raven Guard as it was an old target of mine but I always been a Ultras fan (see avatar) that now has gone full fanboy for the XXth. They don't go in pairs at all I know, but what's worse is that now I have even less convinced of my choice. The ravens were linked to a special modelling project that now is a little more down the road for technical reasons.

Moreover I feel that I was more inclined to a Terran themed legion, hence (in from my pov) less spacial units and more "basics". Now I have ideas bursting all over the head for these alternative choices including modelling options and colors choices.

I came up with a list that has no name but includes what I think would be my best starting point. I don't want to publish it here because of forum rules but it's basically a shooty army with no transports unless I can bring in the drop pods which i love inconditionally.

To end this soon-to-be-text-wall that some of you will never read biggrin.png

Is this common ? Am I of idiot ? what you suggest i could do to decide at least which road take first ?

Thanks

It's a VERY common thing on this board for people not knowing which legion to go with, and I'm ironically in like the exact same position (Raven Guard and Alpha Legion). I'm choosing AL as my main one. I had settled on RG and I'm still gonna do them alongside, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised how much I love the AL. And from when I read Legion I'd always said I was gonna do AL as my pre heresy army.

There's a thread at the top of the board which you might find helpful (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295015-the-legion-for-you-community-assistance-thread/?view=getnewpost), and I've found people on here to be very helpful helping me choose a legion. :)

Extermination makes mention that "entire generations of Alpha Legionaries had fought and died, each believing they were the only force under that name and unaware of other forces bearing the same title." 

The AL is probably the most flexible of the Legions. You can go with just about anything you like. 

lol I thought it was somekind of joke/expression!

I will be happy to clear the head and decide what to go first. I'd be content with that and I already have interest for many legions so rest assured a small force or couple teams will be done in the future.

if I had at least one of either time or money it'd be Alpha Legion.

Or Word Bearers.

Emperor's Children?

Maybe Iron Warriors...

Possibly Night Lords.......

Or even Dark Angels...........

Definitely Thousand Sons............

Perhaps even Death Guard..........

Archived