Kor Phaeron's Chapter?

Iron Hands Fanatic

Just a question for any Word Bearers devotees - has there ever been any reference to the name of the Chapter / other formation to which Kor Phaeron's Terminators belonged during the Great Crusade / Heresy?

Obviously all XVIIth Legion Chapters were named after Colchisian constellations, but I've failed to find any reference to Kol Phaeron's - I was just wondering whether if ther'd been any official word on the subject?

Cheers,

IHF

Battle for the Abyss mentions that there was a Chapter of the Opening Eye being transported by the Infidus Imperator. However, it is mentioned as having its own Chapter Master, so it might be that the Chapter Master was second to Kor Phaeron much as how Falkus Kibre was a captain in the Justaerin under First Captain Abaddon, or that was simply the only force mentioned.

Sorry to be of no help but I don't think it is referenced anywhere. Admittedly I have not read the Horus Heresy FW or BL books but tried to research into Kor Phaeron himself and there is very limited information for him beyond his background and major points in the heresy.

I was always under the impression that he was not in charge of any chapter in particular; as first captain, I saw him more as a personal advisor of Lorgar, with his terminators acting as lorgars bodyguard. In essence forming a Word Bearers 'High Command' in which he could requisition any chapter he sees fit to fight under him?

Eg, for an engagement word bearers chapters x, y and z are sent to a system, each with their own chapter masters/captains but all serving under the overall command of Kor Phaeron who directs the overall strategy on behalf of Lorgar.

Kol might be on to something though.

Archived