Cypher dataslate update

Indeed it does sound like Heresy!

If only I could figure out how to update my dataslate.

Interesting days ahead. Wonder how this affects the Cypher fallen champions formation with chaos chosen.

So come the apocalypse you could use this with chaos allies as well with DA's? Now That is Heresy.

Thanks for bringing this to light msn-wink.gif

Indeed it does sound like Heresy!

If only I could figure out how to update my dataslate.

Interesting days ahead. Wonder how this affects the Cypher fallen champions formation with chaos chosen.

So come the apocalypse you could use this with chaos allies as well with DA's? Now That is Heresy.

Thanks for bringing this to light ;)

Yea in the update it just says that you must declare which faction he belongs to C:CSM or C:DA. so unless I miss interpet it even if you take the chosen they can also be C:DA ( faction wise).

For reference, the actual rule:

If selecting a Battle-forged army, Cypher can be included in any Chaos Space Marines detachment, or any detachment from one of the Armies of the Imperium (see Warhammer 40,000: The Rules). Cypher cannot, however, be included in a Battle-forged army that includes any models with the Dark Angels Faction. Cypher does not take up any slots from a detachment’s Force Organisation chart.

Faction: Cypher has either the Chaos Space Marines or Dark Angels Faction for the duration of each game (your choice - choose before deployment). Note that Cypher can still be included in one of the detachments listed above even though he might have a different Faction to that detachment’s other models i.e. Cypher is an exception to any Detachments’ Restrictions stating that all units in a detachment must have the same Faction.

I'm not sure the intention here is a specific "Dark Angels armies can include Cypher" so much as "Unbound really does mean take whatever you like".

My iPad interactive version wasn't updated. It still says Cypher can't be taken with Codex Dark Angel.

Where is this update that you speak of DACM?

It wouldn't let me just update it, I had to delete it and re-download it.

That is how I had to do it as well. The computer was able to get the update but it wouldn't transfer to the iPad.

Damn. I tried deleting like suggested, and have encountered a problem. It said I have been declined trying to redown load it. I use a pre-paid credit card and there is money on it. Now I can't even try and redownlaod it now. Not sure what I can do now, it's just grey out. 

*edit* Finally working now. I see the change now. Weird that we had to uninstall it, while my other codices updated by themselves without uninstalling them.  

So I wonder why or what the purpose of the Dark Angels be able to use Cypher. Only thing I can think of is either using a "counts as" other make believe character or make a Fallen army using the Dark Angel codex. 

I noticed a cool trick adding Cypher to a DA unbound army...

If Cypher is in play all DA units with the Inner Circle special rule gains Zealot too...

Now this is cheese... ;)

That is awesome! Didn't realize that until you pointed it out. And I do have to say cheese yes but it is about time the DA finally get some cheese to use. I do think that switching out objective secured for zealot is a very fair trade.

If Cypher is in play all DA units with the Inner Circle special rule gains Zealot too...

Now this is cheese... ;)

That is awesome! Didn't realize that until you pointed it out. And I do have to say cheese yes but it is about time the DA finally get some cheese to use. I do think that switching out objective secured for zealot is a very fair trade.
deathwing all have inner circle.

Now this is cheese... msn-wink.gif

If you can give to all your DW units Zealot special rule with Cypher you dont need Chaplains and you can invest all your points in Belial and librarians that get Zealot too...

Being Faction:DA Cypher is part of the army in an unbound army and he can join a unit or DW terminators inside a LR...

And if you ask me if i feel evil to build an army like that i say you "after seeing eldar, tau and Chaos Demons codices any cheesy combo is evil nomore"...

P.S.: i am very curious to see what will happen in the next DA novel by Gavin Thorpe...

Now this is cheese... msn-wink.gif

If you can give to all your DW units Zealot special rule with Cypher you dont need Chaplains and you can invest all your points in Belial and librarians that get Zealot too...

Being Faction:DA Cypher is part of the army in an unbound army and he can join a unit or DW terminators inside a LR...

And if you ask me if i feel evil to build an army like that i say you "after seeing eldar, tau and Chaos Demons codices any cheesy combo is evil nomore"...

P.S.: i am very curious to see what will happen in the next DA novel by Gavin Thorpe...

Don't forget that if he dies within d6" of your Dark Angels, you get the 3 victory points, and if he doesn't die, you get d3 victory points.

Archived