15 Shades of Grey, A new start.... with Primaris,

Dantay VI

Seems the spear (or harpoon from the Karadron Overlord kit) is really popular.

I was going to go with sword but changed it over. I am not sure what it should count as.... Frost weapon of some sort I guess, its not heavy-duty enough to proxy as a power fist :D

I put a sword on his back and would love to add an axe, just not sure  where.

FwhCDat.jpg

Hh7htcd.jpg

2Vwx4kW.jpg

5THqKuc.jpg

K1T0Ci7.jpg

MIlzdpw.jpg

HTdTSZx.jpg

zB8dU93.jpg

2GOHRZJ.jpg

sd3AWjk.jpg

rZrkHds.jpg

sPzSyIH.jpg

DQy9Hqu.jpg

twrX9cT.jpg

8nIuyz7.jpg

Considering swapping this to power fist for more close combat Ooomph!!

U3bV2FP.jpg

lwOklTN.jpg

ppy7kds.jpg

Need to add some comms stuff

N6OLVCP.jpg

vyQnihv.jpg

vKNfbna.jpg

XZJHVyl.jpg

Banner bearer

Thanks for looking :)

• 2 months later...

Jings 2 months since I last posted on here.

I do not know about anyone else, but I have been feeling quite out of sorts hobby-wise and struggling to remain motivated.

This might be a bit heretical, but I hate building models... I'd gladly pay someone to do it for me. So many ideas,but hate trying to cack-handedly try to execute them.

That said I need t get my mojo back and start painting. To try and push this along I signed up to Lil Liegends on Patreon and been enjoying his work,some of it really insightful. So I have started to revamp my paints. I ordered a big bunch of scale color 75 stuff and some Wilder aqua line water based oil paints.

Will have to see how it goes, hopefully well.

Anyhoo, as you cant paint until you build stuff I have taken a stab at a few things. Done my first primaris models, the vanguard half of shadowspear. Nothing ground breaking, a few arm and head swaps, but pretty much stock. I am really not sure how I feel about them,wolf them up or keep them all business and go minimal?

Wispy, f you read this I love what you have done with the intercessors.

So this is where I am at.

JtPKqBm.jpg

Sniper team and Librarian (Rune Priest)

r2tuofs.jpg

Captain and Infiltrators, some of which are really goofy looking (Sarge) any ideas for them gratefully received, superglued so can be snapped apart

8stl61r.jpg

Jump gunners and stabby lootenant.

On the Hresy front, been working on 20 mrk 3 marines which came airbrushed grey and ace scenic bases...Would love to know how they were done especially the bases (brilliant ebay purchase)

Ltd9HWR.jpg

Praevian, which will be given a big-ass hammer so he can run as Iron Priest

SCe4191.jpg

And lastly a vigilator (will fix his droopy barrel) can't decide on head and whether to stick with original mark 4 legs or use Kroms mark 6 legs (late heresy as not seen on Prospero during the burning)

9UgmtpY.jpg

WUR3WOx.jpg

QRn3ACQ.jpg

BCIYKon.jpg

7QtUIDU.jpg

JjjzmUh.jpg

1 to 6, you choose....

I'd go 5... The Phobos look fits the high-tech nature of his gun. Love what you're doing with the Shadowspear stuff, btw! I did a similar conversion with the Captain, but ran in to issues with the Sarge.... I used a head from the Firstborn Pack (Tac) set, and now he just looks a bit like he has short guy syndrome. :) Your Sarge and Captain look good to me, though - any chance we could get a close-up?

I like 6, but that’s because he needs some extra Wolf-iness to him, plus I like the mask + high tech mix.

I’d also really like to know where you got those knot-work axes, those look nice!

A very nice set of work after the two months, Dantay, keep it up!

I like 6, but that’s because he needs some extra Wolf-iness to him, plus I like the mask + high tech mix.

I’d also really like to know where you got those knot-work axes, those look nice!

A very nice set of work after the two months, Dantay, keep it up!

Hi Bryan. The knotwork axes are from the dwarf range from Warhammer fantasy or free people's in AOS.

I think it is a mix of the hammerer/ long beard box or the other one but not the standard dwarf warrior box.

I got the bits sites hard a while back as the Fyreslayer axes are quite a bit bigger.

I'd go 5... The Phobos look fits the high-tech nature of his gun. Love what you're doing with the Shadowspear stuff, btw! I did a similar conversion with the Captain, but ran in to issues with the Sarge.... I used a head from the Firstborn Pack (Tac) set, and now he just looks a bit like he has short guy syndrome. :) Your Sarge and Captain look good to me, though - any chance we could get a close-up?

I quite like 5 also.

I have had similar issues but the FW Slayer heads have quite long necks which help. For the GW stuff a wee bit of greenstuff in the neck socket helps raise the head slightly.

Close ups to follow

Excellent painting and conversions so far! One of those guys with the mask on his face loosely resembles Beta from The Walking Dead lol, dunno why I thought of that lol

Thank you Kolgrim, I have never watched The Walking Dead, so not sure who Beta is, I had to google the name for images and wow......

Okay for giggles I found a random Grey Slayer head and shoved it on the vigilator. I like, but think I will use this one elsewhere, like my 13th comany rune priest

QMeIfg3.jpg

And for QuarterPounder, close ups

d5bwBwp.jpg

KQHIybW.jpg

Blimmin superglue and mould lines

Edited by Dantay VI

• 1 month later...

Thanks Quarterpounder.

Well, been quiet again, but decided to get some half finished buts done from 2019, before pushing on with anything new. So back to my 20 man 30K tactical squad. That can also be split down to 2 bare bones grey hunter squads.

Got them all to the same level of completion, which meant finishing up a lot of odds and sods.

6ADR7KP.jpg

I managed to get some Windsor & Newton, water mixable oils, so tried these out for pinwashing and also putting a coating over the detalls on the pauldron and helmets to provide some "age". For all 20. The pinwashing took HOURS!! because f all the recesses on mark 3. I nearl lost the will to live.

Before:

uCH7eCt.jpg

After: 

t5xuFKa.jpg

iSzlQhz.jpg

Then added a simple packmarking to all the Wolves, may add a rune or 2 to each of them when I go home and have my decal to hand.

The red is a bit bright, but it looks like freshly spilled blood, so quite happy with it.

Ps16wD7.jpg

130eBQK.jpg

May need to dull the red down as the ink has left it a little glossy, will see tomorrow.

Also need to do something to "rough up" the grey as it looks way too pristine

Also did the dragon designs on my Deredeo

tHwdEQ4.jpg

A productive few days.

What do you think??

S