Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

15 Shades of Grey, A new start.... with Primaris,

30k 40k space wolves forge world fire raptor

• Please log in to reply
1031 replies to this topic

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,769 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Thank you BadgersinHills

So for Ragnars armour, do I use the same highlighting method I used for the test models, or do I vary the shipping more with adding some rhinox hide?

Thanks

Danny

ETL 1v2

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,769 posts

Think I went a bit overboard on chipping Ragnars armour.... Not sire how to fix it, anybody got any ideas?

OCQrx9B.jpg

FDhqOEt.jpg

tZnrqlq.jpg

I shortened the crozius on the wolf priest

LnOyCDF.jpg

Kinda keeping the Gandalf Rune Priest staff simple.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

cIfDIxN.jpg

Switched swords for axes on the assault intercessors, the Fyre slayer axes are perfectly scaled for the Primaris.

XuckafF.jpg

Got this far with Russ, but might strip and start again. When I gloss varnished him for the oils, it wiped out all the highlighting with the airbrush and made the armour quite flat. Want to re-try without the gloss varnish to see if it would look better.

w1PK49A.jpg

• Kassill, HvitrValdyr, RikuEru and 3 others like this
ETL 1v2

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,290 posts
Don't worry about Ragnar... he just butchered his way through all of Ghaz's best and 'ardest Boyz.
You like like that after such an ordeal.
Ulrik, Njal and others sure should look more pristine.
Not Ragnar.
Ragnar gets into first row and doesn't care after that.

You did good.
Generally it's good to see you active again - gives me new Motivation to work on my stuff.

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,497 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Add bloodstains to show HOW he got his armor so badly chipped: he was engaged in a fierce battle against enemies of the the Imperium. The Techmarine who'll repair his armor will understand.
  • RikuEru likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,769 posts

Thank you Bjorn,

I have been trying to work on my backlog a bit.

I have been learning a bit about how to paint leather, like on my Phobos Rune Priest.

U4Jt6aA.jpg

I also did a bit of work on Haldor and the phobos lieutenant. I

j3H4FTa.jpg

I used the paint scheme from Lil Legends, howl of yarrant tutorial, but with a small twist. I really pushed the highlights way beyond what I would usually do, to the point of taking it almost back to pure white and allowing the oil washes to pull it back in again.

Its come out slightly differently to Ragnar and a few others, but I like it, its a nice balance between the grey blue of the 40K WOlves and the dark grey of my 30K wolves.

While I have like doing my 30K wolves, the grey is very dark, almost the pre-heresy slate grey of the Word Bearers, so I like this new grey.

I am just scared of how much I might have to repaint.

wydQjqw.jpg

nueaAdu.jpg

w1PK49A.jpg

OIYkI2h.jpg

vDJuZGd.jpg

Edited by Dantay VI, 09 January 2021 - 08:32 PM.

• svane jotunsbane, Triszin, Bryan Blaire and 3 others like this
ETL 1v2

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,769 posts

Well, work got me doing nightshifts, so I have finished my second stint of 3 weeks of night shifts, which has left me totally de-motivated to paint.

To be fair it is the lowest confidence wise I have been with the hobby for a long time

To top it off, my rig picked up a few cases of covid. Fortunately it looks like it was caught quickly so it didnt spread far.

I have had negative results on the past 3 tests, but I have to isolate at home for 10 days.

Not going to see my family for a month sad.png

So I have set Russ and my other projects to one side for now.

I snuck into the garage and pulled out my part finished airbrushed models and decided to start putting the decals on, before I go forward with painting and oils.

IZdrfaW.jpg

240kXuE.jpg

a2MTKPR.jpg

R5Tdagg.jpg

dOLjBS3.jpg

ALqK53q.jpg

I went with the white wolf symbols on the infiltrators and recon marines, these are the old school decals and I really like them.

The White Wolves are from book 7 Inferno where there is an image of a Space wolf with a white wolf called Fimbulvitr, which is the symbol for the scout elements of the Wolves, those touched by Lokyar

The yellow is because I ran low on white wolves, I will either overpaint them white, or keep them yellow and say it is in place of gold to avoid all the blingy shininess. Not sure, what do you think?

I love the FW transfers, but really liking the old school decals, the only thing with the FW decals, is that the red is so dark.

0UqtYW4.jpg

I do not have enough old school decals for everything, so do I get more or do I mix and match them, or just go with the FW transfers?

Let me know what you think

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Dantay VI, 20 February 2021 - 10:03 AM.

• svane jotunsbane, Triszin, RikuEru and 2 others like this
ETL 1v2

Harald Fairmane

Harald Fairmane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
You can buy some decal paper for your printer 🖨️ and print some more?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 30k, 40k, space wolves, forge world, fire raptor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users