Titan Slaying

Toldavf

So 7th has seen something of a boom for super heavies being fielded more often in regular games and I'm wondering about how its effecting other marine players and how they are/ are planning to cope with it. As a quick elite army we have several options for "Titan Busting" but I'd like to hear from the community and maybe get more perspective on the most effective ways to drop um.

Now that SD weapons aren't 100% death sentences for any type of vehicle, a few Land Raiders with TH/SS Terminators could work fairly well. 

Mass Vanguard Veterans with Storm Shields and Meltabombs

Mass Sternguard with Combi-Melta in Drop Pods

Mass IF Devastators with Lascannons

Storm Ravens

How do you propose ignoring a titan? A Warhound with a plasma blastgun and a pair of turbo-lasers will be killing two units/vehicles a turn, anywhere on the board. A solitary knight, you probably could ignore, but anything more than that needs to be dealt with, or it'll just wreck your army.

Personally I think the Cerberus is a great shout, with its shock pulse reducing the target to snap shots with a successful penetrating hit.

Ignore it. Kill the whole rest of his army and win on objectives. If it's an all-Knight army. . . why are you playing this guy in the first place?

I know someone who went up against an all knight list today and did just fine, winning the game in the end in fact. Im looking at you Basswave.

DEF, don't tell me you are getting soft and fleshy on me. ;) Fighting a knight house is intimidating yes, but its not at all cheesy or broken as you make it sound. I brought my all comers 30k X legion list and did just fine as SonofTitan mentioned. MVP was my Praetor in terminator armor with chainfist, slaying two knights single handedly in close combat :D

I had a lot of fun and got to fight all the knights that have been released thus far. I run a tank army so having all that fire power helped. My strategy was weaken a knight with shooting, then cut him down in cc with chainfist terminators. Rinse, repeat. The only one I didn't dare challenge in cc was the Lancer, for obvious reasons. So I just shot him down.

This is my answer to kill a Lord of War. 

Captain = 185
Artificer Armour, Combi Melta, Teeth of Terra, Jump Pack, Digital weapons, Melta bombs.

Vanguard Veterans x5 = 255 pts
Storm Shield, 2x Grav Pistol, Plasma Pistol, Power Axe, Power Maul, Power sword, Power fist, Jump Packs, 4x Melta bombs.

Dreanought = 120
Assault Cannon.

Stormraven Gunship = 235 pts
Twin-linked Plasma cannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta, 4x Stormstrike missiles, 2x Hurricane bolters, Extra armour.

All in one.

Ignore it. Kill the whole rest of his army and win on objectives. If it's an all-Knight army. . . why are you playing this guy in the first place?

I know someone who went up against an all knight list today and did just fine, winning the game in the end in fact. Im looking at you Basswave.

DEF, don't tell me you are getting soft and fleshy on me. ;) Fighting a knight house is intimidating yes, but its not at all cheesy or broken as you make it sound. I brought my all comers 30k X legion list and did just fine as SonofTitan mentioned. MVP was my Praetor in terminator armor with chainfist, slaying two knights single handedly in close combat :D

I had a lot of fun and got to fight all the knights that have been released thus far. I run a tank army so having all that fire power helped. My strategy was weaken a knight with shooting, then cut him down in cc with chainfist terminators. Rinse, repeat. The only one I didn't dare challenge in cc was the Lancer, for obvious reasons. So I just shot him down.

What about 40k and not running an Armor column or playing Chaos?

On topic: Mayhem packs and LoWs.

Arjac and 5 Thunder Hammer Terminators killed 3 of my Knights in 3 turns.

3 of my Oblits Deep Struck and killed (double Melta) a Shadowsword in 1 Turn.

1 of my IG Vet Squads (Melta Bombs) killed a Warhound in 1 Turn.

30 Termagants killed (firing into the rear) my Greater Brass Scorpion in 1 Turn.

3 Squads of Necron Warriors killed (Gauss Glances) my Lord of Skulls in 1 Turn.

DEF, don't tell me you are getting soft and fleshy on me. msn-wink.gif Fighting a knight house is intimidating yes, but its not at all cheesy or broken as you make it sound. I brought my all comers 30k X legion list and did just fine as SonofTitan mentioned. MVP was my Praetor in terminator armor with chainfist, slaying two knights single handedly in close combat biggrin.png

What about 40k and not running an Armor column or playing Chaos?

On topic: Mayhem packs and LoWs.

Lascannons, and chainfists. All marines of all varieties get those.

Archived