Twin falax blades extra attack

jumping goat

I have heard mixed things about these weapons.

Does a marine equiped with twin falax blades gain an extra attack because of the weapons special rule as well as an extra attack for having two?

I have always thought that having TWIN in the equipment name always meant gaining an extra attack for having two. Just like twin lightning claws.

So would a legion centurian with twin falax blades have 4 or 5 attacks?

I'd play it as 4. You replace all your weapons with a single statline called "Twin Falax Blades". Technically, you don't even have two close combat weapons.

EDIT: Oh, characters only have to replace one weapon, don't they? RAW, a character could have 5 attacks, but I don't think that's the intention.

Thanks that clears things up.

I liked the idea of rending at I5 with 6 attacks on the charge.

Its a pointless choice without an extra attack since charnable sabre gives rending as well as freeing up the other hand for a pistol.

I was just realy hoping to make a fluffy caedere weapon character.

It's not pointless. The weapons are intended for Rampagers, who don't have access to Charnabal Sabres.

Putting them on characters was clearly an afterthought, which is likely why the rules don't work properly. They probably should have the Two-Handed rule.

I'm thinking of giving Fleshbane Barb-hook lash to my paragon blade equipped Praetor. +1 A for either and 2+ to wound for those pesky monstrous creatures.

EDIT: and I think it'll look cool

Edit2: does anyone have a feeling for whether the Barb hook lash should be two handed as well, or whether it could be used as an offhand weapon to compliment a paragon blade (cost the same as digital weapons, gain an optional benefit but lose the pistol).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived