Daemon's WIP Musings: Gal Vorbak

Daemon2027

Hey guys, thought I would create a little place for all my projects.

First up, after seeing some of the great models made from terminator legs with normal waists, I got the urge to give it ago. Still early, the torso I found in my pits box, and it had no abdomen, I think it's a Sons of Horus torsos, and I have no idea what I had intended to do with it and why I cut away the abdomen. He will be a Son of Horus, I found some interesting art in HH:Visions which would look cool, but with this guy I decided to follow Forge Worlds look.

15310628901_956f491761.jpg

Here is a scale shot, the Raven Guard on the left is normal sized, and the Word Bearer on the right is scaled with plasticard.

15313789885_e53b8d047a.jpg

I like the look, he is certainly bigger and bulkier.

Thanks for looking

Daemon2027

Going to have to hold on the paint a little bit, want to get the other 10 built, which, now I have know how they to together should be a lot quicker (the first to took me ages, and the Castlellex took several hours). But I want to get the bases finished and I need some more materials, which I should get when I get paid, along with the bits for my Archmagos Malagra.

They are very nice kits, although the first one I built seemed very complex, as I built more and hot used to it and tried to push the kit in terms of posing, I have really fallen in love with the Mechanicum. Well not love, that's an emotion.

The Thallax are coming on, just 4 more to build, but for the last 4 I am going to vert their lightening guns into multimeltas.

15163524440_65009ef562.jpg

So while I wait for the multimeltas to arrive I decided to look at the truescale marine. I kind of went off the idea for a few days, almost deconstructed him, then decided to go Luna Wolves, then a variety of other legions. Looking through HH: Collect Visions tonight, trying to get some inspiration for my Archmagos, I was awed by the amount of really cool space marine variations. A lot of the sketches from John Blanch (who I know is an artist whose work is not liked by all, but I quite like it) had a real gothic different feel, that the FW models haven't tapped into. So I decided to give it a go with this true scale marine.

15168396247_2eaf40593f.jpg15331900946_bbc070eb34.jpg

As a first model I am happy with how he looks. I have tried to merge the artwork with Forge Worlds own designs, adding stuff like the skull and mirror coins, and armour style with the simpler style of the vox, the prominent 'eye' and the mods to the helm, which I feel needs a little more detailing. The bolter has been slung low because the back of the pteruges were rubbish and it was easier to hide then fix. I still need to figure out basing, I am thinking of doing a sort of first contact party, Son Of Horus honour guard, imperial diplomats, remberancers, Imperial Army, Mechanicum, that's sort of thing.

Thoughts?

Hey guys, thought I would create a little place for all my projects.

First up, after seeing some of the great models made from terminator legs with normal waists, I got the urge to give it ago. Still early, the torso I found in my pits box, and it had no abdomen, I think it's a Sons of Horus torsos, and I have no idea what I had intended to do with it and why I cut away the abdomen. He will be a Son of Horus, I found some interesting art in HH:Visions which would look cool, but with this guy I decided to follow Forge Worlds look.

15310628901_956f491761.jpg

Here is a scale shot, the Raven Guard on the left is normal sized, and the Word Bearer on the right is scaled with plasticard.

15313789885_e53b8d047a.jpg

I like the look, he is certainly bigger and bulkier.

Thanks for looking

Daemon2027

How did you paint that word bearer its great

Cheers guy,

Helterskelter, I also want to bring across a theme, of slow corruption of legion forces. Also will have to try a mark I terminator.

Betrayer, have no idea, I really can't remember. Check out Beat The Beats Word bearers, I think on warseer he has a guide, that was what I was following :)

Got the bits for my Archmagos today, all xeno, going to have to have to put a lot of work to make it Mechanicum,but should be fun.

Cheers, have updated the base slightly so he isn't topping over, and tidyed up some of the messy GS. Will need a little more work tomorrow to. Also updated the other marines I have made into Word Bearers. All except one who has been painted as a SoH. Maybe he will be an advisor sent by Horus. So how to make a Praetor to lead this force. Do I do a Blanche and convert Horus into a Gal Vorbak style Terminator Lord?

Rainy weather has stopped me undercoating the Word Bearer, so decided to work on one of my 2 Taghmata Magos. This is a Lachrimallus Magos, the overseers of the mortal slaves. I had the Nurgle Lord sitting around. Initially I was going to compleatly cover in robes but I'm thinking instead of covering the sores, and having wires and tubes coming out the belly.

15440048126_f7148bef1c.jpg

The Vox operator, I like creepy cherubs

15462800692_32efac5855.jpg

I had to Google Lachrimallus. :D How ignorant am I ?

I think that if you find a way to hide his past (being a Nurgle lord) especially in the lower part, legs and nurgling groin, the upper part can be kept nearly like that.

It's tricky to convert such a cool mini and alter a nice sculpt.

Yeah I think I need to work those legs a bit. I may try and add tubing and wires to the top to show a mix of flesh and bionics.

Sprayed the Gal Vorbak Diabolist today, and dig out all my stuff I was going to use to make inq28 models, going to let the conversions flow today!

Darth Mustard, going to get cracking on this Tzeentch cultist and daemons to.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, long time since I updated. Had to move, and am not set up in my new place, so it's hard to really work on anything and almost impossible to paint. My new setup should give me a better area to work though, so in a few weeks I will be able to get done painting done on my mechanicum.

Those who frequent the Age of Darkness section will have seen me working on some Raven Guard veterans. I will hopefully finish the squad in the next few weeks but for now my favourite member, a vet marine with Heavy Bolter:

15451180647_b36c17ff3e.jpg

I am mixing armour types and trying to individualise each marine.

Archived