4th company project log

Jønke

Woo. Made it to page 3 :biggrin.:

I've finished off my hellblasters!

Lightning is still horrible but you get the idea. I've refined my method of painting red armored marines quite a bit so these where, by my standards painted pretty fast. It sure helps that i am really motivated atm.

3hgOXgJ.jpg?1

I haven't painted company markings yet. I'm gonna put my primaris marines in a separate company since i'm going for a full 4th company of power armored marines. Just haven't figured out which one yet. Might wait fore lore from new codex before i decide.

I've nearly finished off a Terminator Librarian but i keep messing up his force axe. Need to figure a good way to paint it. Tryed some ink i had laying around over silver.....was booring. Then i tryed a contrast paint. Should probably have been thinned :P

PAT44GR.jpg?1

Also i messed up the eyes so i have to redo his face. Btw; I'm totally sold on the guilliman contrast paint. Easyest skin i've ever made.

If any of you got some cool ways to do force weapons i would love to hear it.

Thx for stopping by :)

The Terminator Librarian demonstrates you have great potential as a modeler and painter; you just need to keep practicing, assembling and painting more models, to develop that potential.

Thank you kindly good sir. I have been painting quite a while but im really bad at trying new things and experimenting. Lately i have been getting better at this and that of course brings some errors/lessons :P

The Hellblasters look great - are you incorporating them into your normal marines company, or making a new company?

Thank you!

Originally i just wanted to add them to my 4th company. But i've cnaged my mind since i am close to having a full company of power armored marines, so i'm gonna make my primaris a different company. Waiting for new codex until i decide which one they are gonna be. Hoping for some juicy chapter organization.

Just noticed i didn't show you guys the redemptor i finished up. Back when the primaris was announced i didnt really care for them at all. The redemptor dread on the other hand was an instant buy. I finished it between the 5 intercessors and the 5 terminators.

Kinda annoying that i cant seem to make highlights visible on pictures. The orange highlight on red armor is kinda subtle but i cant see it at all on the pictures.

iGVjd6H.jpg

oN09NFf.jpg?1

I've got an extra one laying around that i wanna convert a bit. I've seen some great examples with the wings from sanguary guards. 

Edited by Jønke

• 2 weeks later...

The 4th march to war!

I had a game vs a friend in my apartment Thursday. Think it was first game in nearly a year. We where both very rusty on the rules so to not make it take to long we decided to go with 1100 points on a 4x4. Initially we agreed on 1000 points. I wanted go go only painted and try out a demi company, i know, i'm an edition to late for that party :tongue.:

But for me to get a full size demi company with weapons and characters i was a little short so we upped it to 1100.

Neither of us are in no way competitive players, although we of course like to win. We are more in it for pushing dolls over the table and eat cake.

D0s7UER.jpg?1

We ended up playing the relic. Had hoped to play something objective based since i think my army could have decent board control with its 60 wounds.

I deployed way to defensively and my opponent seized the relic. I always had the plan to make my assault squad, jump libby and jump sanguinary priest land on his long fangs and munch their way through his back lines. And i did just that! Problem was that the rest of his was standing just around the same part of the board. So after a round of glorious overkill on his long fangs and a small squad of blood claws, his remaining blood claws, characters and wulfen obliterated my assault element. Meanwhile his jump infantry landed near my devastators and started to munch through the ablative wounds.

jxGuXPR.jpg?1

If i wanted the slightest chance at getting the relic i had to get moving. So my 3 tac squads started running over the board to get to his lines. My devastators ran against his jump infantry, heroically hip firering their lascannons and charging his inceptors and sky claws and nearly killing them off in close combat before he cowardly jumped out of combat to keep shooting at me. My devastators of course intercepted and killed him off by clubbing them to death with their lascannons. Might have been smarter to have stood still and shooting. But i play blood angels, not space marines.

I made the way to his lines and the relic in turn 5 but i had very few bodies left. His wulfen had destroyed one of my tac squads and the others where on less than half strength so i decided to concede since it was getting late.

I did everything wrong in this game. I stuck to the plan i had because i was sure we where gonna play objectives. Should have done teh opposite thing and played way more aggressively.

Was fun to game again. But i'm a sore looser so now i need to finish up captain smash and some death company :tongue.:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried painting up a few infiltrators, even though i'm in the process of finishing up all the marines i have startet on and getting whole units done.

zf8r5Tj.jpg?1

The picture doesnt really show the highlights on the armor. Wich is probably the most grueling step.

Also i've tried out transfers in the first time in 20 years or so.....it sucked! I could not make the decal lay flat on a shoulder pad. Is microsol and microset a miracle product i have to try?

mej1wJj.jpg?1

Seems a bit silly that i startet on the shadowspear marines when my desk look like this.

lUG9pJV.jpg?1

ODOz4QI.jpg?1

Also i picked up some space marines heroes terminators...... im a sucker for terminators!!!

And i've recently fallen in love with the vallejo metal color airbrush line. Bought it for airbrushing knight frames, tried it with brush on my marines, loved it.

I feel like getting just the right product for every major step in the production line, helps alot on the pace.

Thanks for stopping by

- Jønke

Also i've tried out transfers in the first time in 20 years or so.....it sucked! I could not make the decal lay flat on a shoulder pad. Is microsol and microset a miracle product i have to try?

Basically, yes. I've heard of some miracle worker who can apply transfers without using them but for us mortals it's probably better to just use them.

Other decal softeners will work too. I’ve also found that using a sharp knife to cut small slits in the clear edges of transfers helps them fit closer to curved areas like shoulders. A few slits around the edges and then decal softener on top smoothens them out. Edited by Thoridon

So. Minor update.

I've 'finished' up 3 death company marines. I still need to add the jump packs. They have been magnetized so i can change between jump packs and normal backpacks.

I still struggle with photos.

DawRb58.jpg?1

I know they should have been armed with bolters but i assembled these back when we got an extra attack for the bolt pistol :tongue.:

I hope to finish up 2 more during the day and hopefully start on the jump packs.

Thanks for stopping by :)

• 2 weeks later...