Conversion Ideas: TWC

Frater Cornelius

So, it is time to start building my Cavalcade. Currently I posses 1 Lord (Harald), 2 IP and 12 TWC. The Lord is mounted on a 6-legged horse, tribute to Sleipnir, the IP are mounted on Bloodcrushers (because they are metal) and the 8 TWC are mounted on Chaos Knight horses.

However, I now need 0-3 additional TWC, 1 additional IP and 1-2 additional mounted WGBL. The army will consist out of cavalry and beasts, so bringing in a bit of model diversity would make it look amazing.

The IP will be mounted on my 3rd Crusher, no issues there.

However, I am thinking whether I should mount the 3 TWC pack leaders and the 1-2 WGBL on different mounts. They have to have approx. the same size and should look too bizarre.

Do you have any ideas what other animals there are that could potentially carry the pack leader and WGBL? I know some are going to jump in a suggest the Bears from Scibor, but let me tell you, I am not a big fan of resin models msn-wink.gif

I still have 3 actual TWC wolves at home and 2-3 Mournfangs (Ogres) and I could get 3 demigryphs. Do you think they would do?

Raging heroes do some cyberwolves too

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/pack-of-cyberwolves

EDIT

If I wanted wolves, I would take my own TWC wolves for that biggrin.png I just do not think that Wolves and Horses mix well.

Ah fair enough, although these ones look kinda different...

EDIT again...

also, these are resin...haha so probably a useless post from your perspective :D

Type in wolfdread in the dakka gallery search function and there are a few WIP's, seems to use atleast 1 sentinel and a dreadnought body plus arms.... Out of curiosity, would a slightly tweaked version of that make a good MurderFang??

Wow you're not kidding, those raging Hero's wolves look ~amazing~ kinda pricey for 3 though, but would make a great WL or WGBL if you didn't already have one.

Edit: and the armor on the shoulder blades looks big enough to put some nice decals or do a decent little paint scheme on it.

Indeed. I have 3 broken dreads here which I scavenged for bitz here. I will use those to tweak my 3 Iron Priests for maximum HEAVY METAL \m/

As for the WGBL. Well, they have to look more impressive than a TWC, less impressive than Sleipnir but still fit the theme of a cavalcade. As much as I like those wolves, I just feel that 1-2 wolves amongst ~15 horses will just look out of place.

If the horse bodies come in 2 pieces, coud you not broaden out the bodies with green stuff, use some ods the big chaos shields as additional armour platin and if there is some barding in maybe chop the legs and extnd them slightly so you have an alpha horse?

Do you have any pictures of your TWC hose cavalry so we can see what you have already?

I have posted unfinished samples in other threads. Let me link it to you:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/296436-giving-them-that-holy-edge/?do=findComment&comment=3804379 (Jarl riding Sleipnir)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/296030-wolf-lord-riding-a/?do=findComment&comment=3796192 (WIP TWC units. The guy with the bigger shield is supposed to be a sarge).

Don't have an IP here, but I used the Khorne guys riding the Crushers from WHFB and I will add tech marine stuff as well a dreadnought stuff to them.

Not bad. However, I feel I want to stick horse-ish mounts. The theme I am going with here is a mix between the Wild Hunt (germanic mythology) and aSpace Wolf hunting party. You know, those horseback hunts where you chase down your pray with a pack of hounds, which is basically what the Wild Hunt looked like but with spectral rides and Wodan leading the scene. That is basically the image of the army.

By the way, I also have my Mournfangs. They would make great beasts of burden. Is there anything is the SW codex that would go with a TWC army and that could be represented by something that could be done with a Mournfang?

Also, do you think I should have a foot-troops as well? Not all hunts are purely by horseback. The mixed versions are more common where people either follow with cards (and on foot when arriving on the scene) or those that camped there in advance. Or rather stick with the horseback theme?

I know you want horses, but, I meant it more as a guide to taking your existing horses and "beefing them up". Make bigger wider meaner horses.

A few strategic cuts, a blob of putty and you could be well away!!

I know you want horses, but, I meant it more as a guide to taking your existing horses and "beefing them up". Make bigger wider meaner horses.

A few strategic cuts, a blob of putty and you could be well away!!

Ah, good point! Yes, that is certainly an option. Thanks.

As for the other 2 questions. Still looking for feedback msn-wink.gif Well, mainly on the Mournfang one. I do not think I will put in foot sloggers into the List. After all it is called the 'Ride of Asgard' and not the 'Walk of Asgard' :D Although Rhino/Razorback GH/WG would be an option.

I need to check the codex. I have a feeling Mournfangs would be a bit small unless carrying something on heir back

They could double up as razorbacks maybe, The Mourn fangs are used to transport the static Tarantula  automated weapons platforms when the great company ride to war, once in place the tarantula's are untied from the Mournfag and setup to make a defensive perimeter. However when a lightning fast strike is required the Long Fangs are known to leave the weapons tethered to the Mournfangs who by remote mind link are navigated around the field of battle, while the automated weapons on their back decimate the foe

How does that sound?

Attach chains down the sides of the Mournfangand use small wooden sticks to create a running board on each flank. Now it can transport th Long angs or Grey hunters as they can jump off the side of it :) Is that possible?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived