Storm Trooper Battle Summaries

Kilofix

Ok, I lied, my list was actually about 2K Inquisition and Storm Troopers (not meant to be competitive but rather thematic):

• 3 x 10 man MT Squads with double Plasma and an Ordo Malleus Terminator w/PsyCannon each
  • 3 x 10 man MT Squads with double Melta and an Ordo Malleus Terminator w/PsyCannon each
  • 1 MT Command Squad with 4 x Plasma, Lord Commissar and an Ordo Malleus Terminator w/PsyCannon
  • 2 Taurox Primes with Missiles and Camo

I played 2 games against surprisingly symmetrical lists:

• Iron Hands Marines with all Drop Pods with 10 man Tac Squads with 1 Multi-Melta and 1 Flamer each, and 1 Captain - which was a stunning victory
  • Farsight Tau with all Crisis Suits with double Plasma - in which I got beat badly

The interesting symmetry was that all the above were almost all mono-unit type, Troops and Deep Striking.

In both games I had 2 Squads in the 2 Tauroxes in Cover deployed, with the rest Reserved.

The game against the Marines: 

In the first turn I was worried he would drop his Pods on top of my Tauroxes and wipe me there and then but instead, he dropped his Pods on Objectives. He would then shoot at me from range, but the Tauroxes made their 4+ (with Camo) Cover Saves. Then I would Deep Strike my MT squads right next to his Pods (I got the MT Warlord Trait that gave 1D6 Scatter) and just about wipe each of his Tac Squads with AP3. The next turn he would Pod more, shoot at me, I'd tank with my OM TDA 2+ (using Lookout Sir to sacrifice a Scion for the Multi Melta hit), then Deep Strike my next set of MT squads next to him and cripple his Tacs again. Tauroxes would shoot at the Drop Pods. At the end of the game I had 5 of 6 Objectives.

The game against Tau:

I ended up with first turn and it was the exact opposite of my game vs the Marines. I would Deep Strike first, then the Tau Crisis would Deep Strike next to me, shoot me with Plasma which my TDA was useless against and which would Instant Death my OMs. I tried Charging some of them but it was difficult as the Crisis would DS within Rapid Fire range, shoot, then Jet Pack Thrust back out of range. At the end of the game my opponent had 5 of 6 Objectives.

Lessons learned (or rather, reminded) - lists with mono unit types are win big or lose big; turn sequence matters with DS; OM TDAs are great tanks against small arms but not Plasma (esp. with only T3).

Comments welcome.

The OM TDAs had PsyCannons that did do some damage, in addition to just Tanking and I forgot to mention but I had a couple with Prescience Twin-Linking.

I still think they're great against small arms but that Plasma is a big problem for them.

I'm trying to think of what to do about the latter right now because apart form that Achilles Heel, I acutally quite enjoyed playing an all Inq Storm Trooper list.

If I went with Inquisition Henchmen, I could add Crusaders but then can't Deep Strike and Deep Striking was key to being able to Rapid Fire those Hot Shots.

Maybe next game I'll try super MSU with no OM TDAs and just all 5-man Scions. Even with 2 Special Weaps each - I could probably get 18 Squads of 5 man = 90 Scions on the board - with like 3 HQs Command Squads to stay BattleForged. Then I'll just have to accept that some Squads will just straight out die in each turn of Shooting - though I'll have them Go To Ground as much as possible. With that many Squads, Going To Ground shouldn't cripple the actions of the others. We'll see....

Comments welcome.

Plasma is supposed to be good though, AP2 will carve through any armour save as it should so perhaps in this case it's not so much of an Achilles heel as everyone has it :P Trying out MSU would be worth a shot if you can muster the models - you'll have to try and get pictures of such an epic feat when it hits the table :D

Plasma is supposed to be good though, AP2 will carve through any armour save as it should so perhaps in this case it's not so much of an Achilles heel as everyone has it tongue.png Trying out MSU would be worth a shot if you can muster the models - you'll have to try and get pictures of such an epic feat when it hits the table biggrin.png

I had to second 10 Storm Troopers from my AM (in green), 10 Acolytes and 10 DKoK Grenadiers (hey, they're all Storm Troopers anyway) but that will bring my list to;

105 Scions.

The front-right four squads are Commands.

I'll try to remember to get photos when they hit the table - possibly Wed or Sat.

15311556316_638d63f576_b.jpg

They all fit neatly into this (left tray - Scions, right tray - my other Inq Henchmen):

15147897580_4d85aab0cb_b.jpg

"(not meant to be competitive but rather thematic)"

With a psycannon wielding, Presience granting TDA wound tank in every squad I'd hate to see what it would look like if you decided to make it more competitive!

Interesting to hear how devastating your firepower was against Iron Hands. I thought that Storm Troopers were a bit gimmicky. The AP3 is nice but they seem expensive and a bit too squishy.  If I was playing against you with my Wolves I'd have lots of Terminator Wolf Guard Pack Leaders to play you at your own game and tank the AP3 wounds against the 2+ save and I'd bring plasma AND power axes to the fight to tackle your Inquisitors.  

Mobile armies with bikes or jump packs might be tricky for you, keeping you at range and picking you off. I guess you always have the option of detaching the Inquisitors from a couple of squads, loading up your Tauroxes and going hunting.

Interested to hear more about your experiences.

Ok played a few more games with all 5 man MT MSUs (without the OM TDAs).

Here's what I've found:

1. Must Kill First

Follow me on this; Marines / MEQs kill MTs faster than MTs kill MEQs. But MTs kill MEQs faster than MEQs kill other MEQs.

So MTs have to start killing MEQs right away as they won't be able to withstand the return fire.

If the MT starts firing first, there's a very good chance it can cripple an MEQ squad (of equivalent size) to avoid that return fire.

Don't bother with Objectives at first. MT's aren't tough enough to land on and hold an Objective like a Drop Pod Marine Squad can. An MT is about the same cost as an MEQ but 1 less T and 1 less Armor Save makes them a whole lot weaker. Additionally, with only an 18" range for Hotshots, MEQs can usually just out-range you if you sit on an Objective.

So each MT squad should pick a target and aim to kill it the very first turn.

Which leads me to:

2. Deep Strike Close

Hot-shots only have a 9" range for Rapid. To put maximum fire power on an opposing squad you have to Deep Strike really close. Which is actually a huge MT differentiator.

Place your Deep Strike markers really close - like about 4". Serious Mishaps are actually rare, and if you're running MSUs, well you have other squads if it actually happens. Remember you have MtC so you ignore Dangerous Terrain rolls.

By Deep Strikeing really close, faster units (like Bikes or Skimmers) won't have time to run, and stronger units won't have the opportunity to fire (but watch out for Interceptor) before you get your first volley off.

But you need to make that first volley count (see #1 above) - which leads me to:

3. Specialize Weapons

Don't mix and match Special Weapons. Unlike a Marine Squad which may end up tromping all over the board or which may have to hold an Objective TAC against who knows what, an MT rather is going to Deep Strike to kill one specific thing.

Use double Plasma MT Squads to DS next to MEQs / TEQs. If TEQs, use the two Hot Shots as ablative.

Use double Flamer Squads to DS next to "small" Skimmers (especially open top Dark Eldar), Jetbikes and low Armor mobs. Edit - Side note, last game I dropped 3 MT Squads with double Flamers right next to 3 DE Raiders. So funny. Read Flamer rules vs Open Topped.

Use quad Melta Command Squads to DS next to heavy armror.

Don't bother with Med Kits, Vox, or Power Weapons - MT MSUs are expendable. However, I like equipping my leads with Plasma Pistol for even more first strike shooting. If you don't, at least give them a Bolt Pistol (free) instead of a Hotshot Pistol (as the latter only has a 6" range). And / or, have the leads throw Krak Grenades.

I also haven't found a good use for Hot Shot Volley nor Grenade Launchers that would be better than Plasma.

Also use orders wherever possible - Twin-Linked on MEQs, Sniper or Rending on MCs, etc.

4. Get Timing Right

Especially against another Deep Striking or fast moving army, you want to be able to Deep Strike AFTER they do, or after they displace.

The proper sequence of course is that they Deep Strike or move first, then you Deep Strike close and fire on them. You don't want to end up Deep Striking first, then have them Deep Strike next to you or move up next to you and fire on you first.

5. Focus On One Side

You want to use the right weapons on the right opponents, but when you have a choice; concentrate your drops all on one side of the board. That way it prevents your opponent from easily bringing all his forces to bear on you.

6. Survive the first turn

Course in order to do all the above, you need to have first survived the first turn. In a 2K list, I actually use an (admittedly cheesy) Inq Henchmen squad with 6 Crusaders, 1 OM TDA in a Chimera at about 200 pts.

.... more games to come (I keep forgetting to get pics but I'll try to remember for my next one) and I'll add to the above points. MTs admittedly still aren't a very competitive list but they're FUN to play and some of the above points should help.

(Fish and other Chaos Folks - sorry about the delay on the Magnetizing and Tribute Minis - they'll be done soon. I just need to burn holes in few more Marines .... promises) teehee.gif

A very good write up indeed Kilo :tu: The problem with the volleygun is it's more of the same - you already have plenty of hotshot guns blasting away so the valuable special weapon slot needs to be adding to that somehow and filling a gap. Maybe there's some use in CSs to give them a disproportionate amount of fire to fling out but even then probably better off taking some plasma, flamers or melta.

Had another game vs Deldar - 1.5K pts.

My list:

Deployed:

• Cotaez, 2 Plasma Cannon Servitors, 6 Crusaders in Chimera
  • 10 man MT squad w/2 Plasma
  • Lord Commissar

In Reserve (Deep Striking):

• 2 x 5 man MT Command squads w/4 Melta
  • 4 x 5 man MT squads w/2 Plasma
  • 2 x 10 man MT squads w/2 Plasma
  • 1 x 5 man MT squad w/2 Flamer

My opponent's list:

• 2 Ravagers
  • 2 Raiders w/10 Kabalite
  • 1 Raider w/9 Wyches and a Haemy
  • 2 Venom w/5 Kabalite
  • 1 Venom w/Archon, Farseer, 3 Incubi
  • 1 Falcon
  • 7 Reaver JetBikes
  • 5 man Eldar Scouts

Both our lists were Battleforged.

Deployment:

• 3 Objectives spread evenly over the middle line but 1 was on top of a Bastion
  • Hid my Chimera in cover. Deployed my one MT in cover
  • My opponent deployed all his Barges by his edge. Reserved his Jetbikes. His Scouts Infiltrated on to the top of the Bastion Objective

Turn 1:

• I got first turn and just sat my Chimera and lone MT squad in Cover as nothing was in range and I wanted to buy time for my Reserves
  • Both my opponents Ravagers, and the Falcon fired on the Chimera getting only 1 Glance
  • All the other Raiders, Venoms and Scouts fired on my lone 10 man MT squad killing it completely (talk about a lot of Splinter shots)

I was half worried he would blow up my Chimera and even with 6 Crusaders I don't think I would have survived that many Splinter shots but being in Cover and being lucky saved the Chimera.

Turn 2:

• I made all my Reserve rolls and Deep Struck all my MT squads next to an opposing vehicle. Some Scatter but no Mishaps. I did try to Deep Strike on to the top of the Bastion but Scattered off
  • With each of my DS MT squads next to an opposing vehicle, I:
    • With 2 quad Melta squads - Exploded 2 Ravagers
    • With 2 Plasma squads - Exploded the Wych Raider then shot at the survivors - 5 Wyches and the Haemy survived
    • With 2 Plasma squads - Wrecked one Kabalite Raider with my Plasma  then shot at the survivors - 2 Kabalites survived
    • With 1 Flamer squad - Glanced the other Kabalite Raider but killed 5 Kabalites onboard (Flamer vs Open Topped)
    • With 1 Plasma squad - Exploded the Archon Venom - all Archon, Farseer, 3 Incubi survived
    • With 1 Plasma squad - Wrecked one Kabalite Venom - 2 Kabalite survived

In each of the above I also used Krak when in range. Btw my opponent also Jinked eveyone of his vehicles. After the above, it left my opponent the Falcon, Kabalite Venom, Archon squad, half a Wych squad, 2x2 Kabalites and half a Kabalite Raider, and Scouts viable (with the Reavers still in Reserve). I was feeling pretty good at this point

• I also managed to get my Chimera Immobilized in moving out of Cover - so I disembarked Coteaz & co.
  • In his turn of shooting he killed:
    • 4 models out of one of my 5 man quad Melta squads
    • 4 models out of my Flamer squad
    • 3 models out of one of my 5 man Plasma squads
    • 2 models out of another of my 5 man Plasma squads
    • But his Archon squad charged and completely wiped out one of my 10 man Plasma squads - ouch!
    • 1 Plasma Servitor with Precision Shot from his Scouts

As I said in my previous post - kill first because MTs die fast too.

Turn 3:

• I finished off the surviving Wyche / Haemy squad, finished off the surviving 2x2 Kabalites and further glanced the other Kabalite Raider. I couldn't do more against the Falcon and other Kabalite Venom as he had repositioned out of range. His Archon squad, with that 2++ Shadow, also weathered all shots from my other 10 man Plasma squad

After the above, it still left my opponent the Falcon, Kabalite Venom, Archon squad, the wounded Kabalite Raider, and Scouts viable (with the Reavers still in Reserve)

• My opponent then charged and killed my second 10 man Plasma squad with his Archon squad
  • His Falcon also managed to Template both my Melta squads, wiping out the one with only 1 man left, and killing 3 from the other - at which point I failed Morale and they broke

To be continued....

Turn 4:

• At this point:
    • I viably had Cotaez & co., 4 x 5 man Plasma squads (2 of which half strength), 1 survivor from the Flamer squad and a fleeing 2 man Melta squad
    • My opponent had the Falcon, 1 Kabalite Venom, Archon squad, the wounded Kabalite Raider, and Scouts (w/Reavers in reserve)

I started feeling that I was running out of men - especially with the Melta fleeing, I wasn't sure about taking out the Falcon

• In this turn, fired Cotaez's squad's Plasma Cannon at the Archon squad to no effect. I finished off the wounded Kabalite Raider. Put another Glance on the remaining Kabalite Venom and failed my Melta's Regroup
  • My opponent's Archon squad Assaulted and completely killed another of my 5-man Plasma squads
  • His remaining Raider and Falcon then killed another of my Plasma squads
  • His Reavers then finally came in and killed my Chimera (which had been Immobilized)
  • I also lost the sole survivor of the Flamer squad - I can't remember how - maybe it was an Explosion

Turn 5:

• Of my 2 remaining Plasma squads; a 3 man tried to hold the center Objective, a 2 man contested the Bastion held by my opponent's Scouts
  • Cotaez & co. footslogged up the board but they were still far off after their Chimera got Immobilized early (in retrospect, I should have just moved them as fast as possible up the board instead of firing the Plasma Cannon at the Archon squad)
  • My opponent's Archon squad then killed my 3 man Plasma holding the center Objective and his Reavers killed off my 2 man Melta

Game then ended with:

• Cotaez, and 1 x 2 man Plasma surviving on my end
  • Falcon, 7 x Reavers, Archon squad, Kabalite Venom, Scouts surviving on my opponent's end
  • He held the 2 Objectives - one with the Falcon and the other with the Archon
  • We contested the Bastion Objective
  • He had Linebreaker, I had First Blood
  • So he won with +1 Objective

Lessons learned:

• I should have stuck to my earlier advice and broken up my 2 x 10 man Plasma squads into 4 x 5 man Plasma squads. It would have slowed down his Archon squad
  • I should also have moved Cotaez up sooner

The above of course doesn't take into account further changing my list to include other non-MT units (apart from Cotaez & co.) nor Flyers / Armor - as I intentionally wanted to go with an all MT Infantry DS list.

Also, at the end, I realized that I had forgotten to deploy my Commissar with my first MT squad - whoops! But that squad got killed by a gazzillion Splinters in Turn 1 anyway so its moot.

Overall, fun game and very tense as the advantage seemed to swing back and forth between Turns 1 - 3.

Took some pics - will upload soon.

Some Pics:

15196746617_5ef146d86b_b.jpg

15196485489_b1b0c37fef_z.jpg

15383220335_a3ca665406_b.jpg

15196732657_15bddf8a04_z.jpg

Edit - Also, Monday I'm going to try to do Apocalypse with all MTs again but this time I'll probably add 4 Valks for the Mission Elite Formation (Pandorax). I might also add 2 Basilisks for fire support. Lol - we'll see what happens. I won't be able to kill any LoWs but I'll try to go after the Objectives, etc.

Another battle with Deldar - seems like the flavor of the month (makes sense with the new Codex).

My list:

• MT Command Squad - Medikit (hides in Redoubt)
  • MT Command Squad - Quad Melta, Plasma Pistol / Power Fist (PF goes against my previous advice of not equipping Power Weapons but interesting thing happens later)
  • 2 x 10 man MT Squads -  2 Plasma
  • 2 x 6 man MT Squads - 2 Plasma, Plasma Pistol
  • 2 x 5 man MT Squads - 2 Flamer
  • 2 Knights
  • Firestorm Redoubt

The Redoubt is a different spin on my Inquisitor in Chimera to help me survive Turn 1 before my Reserves come in.

Originally, I was planning for about 1.4K pts but we upped it to 1.8K. So I hastily dropped 2x5 man MT squads for 2 Knights instead.

15441472235_0bd974ff0f_b.jpg

My oppponents list:

• Archon
  • 12 Reavers + 1 Farseer Jetbike
  • 2 x Wave Serpent w/Dire Avengers
  • Venom with Blasterborn
  • Venom with Firedragons
  • 3 Warwalkers
  • Wraithknight

Deployment:

• 2 Objectives were placed towards the top of the hill. 3 were placed in the Ruins.
  • I deployed first - placed my Knights in the corners, my Redoubt in the middle with one of the MT Commands. Rest were reserved
  • My opponent deployed the Archon and Reavers in the Ruins towards one side, with the Wraithknight in front and a Wave Serpent in the back. Rest were reserved

15254905087_6256b35136_b.jpg

Turn 1:

• Fired my BattleCannons and think I only killed 1 Reaver (opponent was Jinking)
  • My Redoubt had to fire on the Wraithknight (Automated Fire) but with Skyfire Snapshot, I failed to Wound
  • My opponent fired everything at the closest Knight and scored 2 Glances
  • His Reavers and Blasterborn Venom otherwise moved up

15254767680_761d4dc131_b.jpg

Btw, in the pic above - the two Infantry models by the Jetbikes are also proxies for Reavers (i.e. they're all Reavers + 1 Farseer). But the one Infantry towards the left (between the Ruins and the tape measure) is the Archon.

Turn 2:

• Deepstruck my 2x6 man Plasma Squads behind the Wave Serpent
  • Deepstruck my 10 man Plasma and 5 man (DKoK) Flamer Squad in front of the Reavers
  • Rest were still stuck in Reserve

15254700119_bb64f66a12_b.jpg

• Resulting shooting from my Knights, MTs and Redoubt killed 5 Reavers and Glanced the WraithKnight once, Glanced the Venom once and Glanced the WaveSerpent twice

15254927817_005c7daa23_b.jpg

• Subsequent Charge and Close Combat from my Knight killed another 4 Reavers

15254711759_d1e9aaa6a6_b.jpg

At this point, I was feeling pretty good.

Bottom of Turn 2:

15254747719_80c9f540fb_b.jpg

• My opponent Hit & Runs his remaining Reavers out of Assault
  • His Blasterborn put another 2 Glances on my Knight (it now has 2 HP left)
  • His Venom later kills both the Flamer models in my 5 man MT / DKoK Flamer Squad (these 2 kills not yet pictured below)

15438307391_927de87de1_b.jpg

• My opponent also Outflanks his 3 WarWalkers and Deep Strikes his FireDragon Venom by my Knight on the other side of the board. Resulting shooting from them puts 4 Glances on that Knight
  • Psychic Terrify also causes my remaining DKoK to Flee (I failed Morale at -1L)

15254726129_36d54d475e_b.jpg

• My opponent also manages to bring in his other Wave Serpent. Resulting shooting kills one of my Plasma MT Squads completely, along with half of the other Plasma MT Squad

15441538155_4422a0ab5b_b.jpg

• His Reavers Assault and kill my entire 10-man Plasma (I took 9 Str 6 Caltrop HoW hits even before CC)

15441551075_b0fb28490f_b.jpg

Turn 3:

• I Deep Strike another 5 man Flamer and 10 man Plasma Squad. My 5 man Quad Melta Perils and goes back into Reserve
  • My Knight with 2 HP shoots and Assaults the Wraithknight and in an epic clash, we both kill each other (btw, I scored 3 D-hits doing 1 Wound, 2 Wounds, and 3 Wounds respectively)
  • My wounded Plasma Squad behind his Wave Serpent fires on the Dire Avengers and kills a handful while he Goes To Ground (top left corner in pic below)

15438368201_353a1bbaf4_b.jpg

• My other Knight Assaults and wipes his 3 Warwalkers

15441221442_5de6980d6d_b.jpg

• Meanwhile, my other newly Deepstruck 10-man Plasma Squad misses his Fire Dragon Venom, I also Overheat and kill one of my Plasmas (I had DS'ed too far for Rapid) and not only that but I try to Charge, fail the distance and get two more of my Squad killed from Overwatch (boo....)
  • In my opponent's turn, his Blasterborn put 2 more Pens on the Redoubt. Structural Collapse causes 9 Str 6 hits to my MT Command Squad inside - killing them completely (Ouch! What is with these 9 x Str 6 hits in this game - first from the Reaver HoW - then from the Collapse?)

15438397771_d0475d9a64_b.jpg

• His FireDragons in the other Venom kill my remaining Knight (also in pic is my Plasma Squad that failed the Charge previously)

15255037677_96ea869aaa_b.jpg

Not feeling that great about my odds now.

Turn 4:

• My Quad Melta finally comes in but Scatters out of the Ruins where I had planned to land them. I kill one Wave Serpent but not much else

15255044367_e715a13512_b.jpg

• My opponent then kills the rest of my remaining 10 man Plasma with his Venom and Fire Dragons who have disembarked

15254904760_54d33440e0_b.jpg

• He also kills my other 5-man Flamer (they were by the Tank Traps) and finished off my Redoubt

15418551326_7d1bd26bca_b.jpg

• Then he kills 4 Melta models - leaving only the Tempestor Prime as my last surviving model - whom he decides to Assault with his Archon (for a Trophy Kill)

15418550296_24abf11a42_b.jpg

• Surprisingly his Archon misses a bunch and fails to Wound on one hit
  • My Tempestor Prime retaliates and scores one Wound - which, with Power Fist, Instant Deaths the Archon eek.gif

15441642635_6bb6f3a7aa_b.jpg

• Resulting fire from the Archon's Warband kills the Tempestor Prime though as he tries to retreat through the second floor of the Ruins

15438448151_d319015600_b.jpg

Outcome - Absolute defeat:

• My opponent had all 5 Objectives, Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker and First Blood

Fun game though. thumbsup.gif

Lessons learned - mostly same as before:

• Deep Strike timing matters
  • Retaliatory fire will kill Scions
  • Keep Squads at 5-man to slow down opposing Assault (why don't I listen to myself?)
  • Should consider using Servoskulls to mitigate DS Scatter as it could be difference between using Rapid, Melta and Krak or not

Lessons learned - new 7th Codex Dark Eldar:

• Reaver Caltrops in HoW Assault still hurts. Hit & Run lets them repeat
  • Fire Dragons Deep Striking in Venoms is a thing. But not that much worse (considering points) than Sternguard in Drop Pods or MT Command Squad with Quad Melta
  • Building Pens hurt - even without Detonate
  • Wraithknight is not stronger than Imperial Knight (someone once said they were but they really aren't in Assault. My Knight had 2 HP left while his WK had 5 Wounds when we killed each other)
  • Having as many Haemys as possible join DE Squads can help with the new PoP table when every unit gets FnP in Turn 2 (there weren't any Haemys in this game but my opponent made a bunch of "#5" FnP rolls in Turn 2 which would have been successful had he had Haemys)

Haha! That's excellent, slapping the Archon down like that. Know your place, xeno! :P I think MT will always have issues with DE, as they've both the "glass hammer" approach but DE are much better at it having a fuller codex. I've not had the chance to get the new DE codex, and likely won't for a while as my priorities are elsewhere, but generally speaking dealing with them should be the same as before.

For MT though it will be difficult to muster the level of firepower required, plus with deep striking you're landing right where they want you. So it's not going to be an easy game, I think you did ok for a first outing against a new codex which inevitably has surprises.

Here is the rub about Wraithknights...they're initiative 5. You technically never got to swing and then it went about destroying you. Wraithknights are, point for point, better than Imperial Knights. They should be LoW.

Otherwise, good game and thanks for the report. Shame your reserves didn't cooperate.

Here is the rub about Wraithknights...they're initiative 5. You technically never got to swing and then it went about destroying you. Wraithknights are, point for point, better than Imperial Knights. They should be LoW.

Otherwise, good game and thanks for the report. Shame your reserves didn't cooperate.

Ahh, indeed it would have. I guess my opponent didn't know his own Wraithknight.

Next time I'll have to run Lancers against such.

Yeah, the FW Knights basically each solve a problem that the regular knights have.

Lancer - Init 4-5 MCs and Walkers (inc. other knights)

Castigator - Gigantic infantry swards that might actually slow you down and flyers

Archeon - Those damnable tactical squads that wont die and have a single meltabomb (amiright?)

The Lancer certainly makes Wraithknights have to up their game.

All the Skimmers can Jink even if they have not moved, unless immobilized now.

I find the Paladins to be better unless facing heavy armor or TDAs. 

Against Open Topped, Paladins get 2 Large Blasts, 6 Stubber and +1 on the Vehicle Damage table anyway.

I would have actually wanted to run Valks to keep it to an MT list but with the last min points increase, all I had were Knights at the time.

Archived