1850 Infantry

librisrouge

My FLGS has been throwing around the idea of having some irregular tournaments with additional restrictions on forces, such as only two of Troop/non-FOC/FA choices and only one of each Elite/HQ/Heavy Support choice. Also, they'd ban super-heavy anything (my Knight!) With that in mind, I decided to throw together an infantry centric list based around two platoons. Their initial assessment of rules would make this a legal list but that might change with time.

HQ

Commissar Yarrick

Ministorum Priest x2

Primaris Psyker x2 - Lvl 2

Troops

PCS - Lascannon

Infantry Squad x5 - Missile Launcher (Flak), Flamer, and Boltgun

Conscript Squad x50

PCS - Grenade Launcher x4

Infantry Squad x3 - Power Axe, Meltabomb, and Meltagun

Infantry Squad - Meltagun

Special Weapon Squad - Flamer x3

Special Weapon Squad - Flamer x2 and Demolition Charge

Fast Attack
Vendetta Gunship
Vendetta Gunship

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line - Quadgun Emplacement

Battle Plan-
Conscripts and Melta Squads will blob up and advance, each joined by a Priest. The PCS with Grenade Launcher will go with them to issue orders (FRFSRF or Forwards, For the Emperor 99% of the time.) The Missile blob will be joined by Yarrick, who will man the quadgun, in order to benefit from his orders, Ld, and CC potential. Psykers will likely stick with Yarrick and try to Prescience the squad and other benefits, though they may be reassigned based on their powers rolled. SWSs will ride the Vendettas and jump out at the end for final turn objective snagging and enemy blasting.

Doesn't seem like a bad idea, limiting armour to flyers should give them extra staying power but it'll still be all the enemy AT fire being thrown at them! I think that you might be better off having the blobs form into more units, gives you more options for them and flexibility over just a couple.

Archived