Bringer of Sorrow - DA Space Hulk expansion

Avon Rekaes

Hey guys,

Recently got my hands on the latest release of Space Hulk. 

...I also foolishly purchased the Bringer of Sorrow expansion without an ipad to read it on... I thought I could read it on a computer with itunes....Yeah, not my brightest moment. 

Did anyone else pick this up? I don't need exact rules, but I'm really really curious how the Halberd of Caliban and plasma cannon play in Space Hulk.

I just have bought space hulk, my wife agreed to play it with me, also few of my friends even non gamers are interested in playing, I would love to be able to run alternate enemies like orks or crones or even make a game of marines against marines.

But I am not going to pay 10GBP for something that should be added to White Dwarf!

So although I would be VERY HAPPY to accquire a copy, I do not take paying for it into slightest consideration.

On a side note, carton pieces are extremely soft if you accidentally scratch it with a fingernail or a pointy bit of a model, also clicking corridors pieces together can damage them!

To make it last I think I'll have t cover everything in a super glue.......

I played a few missions last year at my local GW store (really great manager there) and I've been hooked ever since. On several occasions I was moments away from paying $200-300 USD on an ebay copy or something. Finally took the plunge for this latest official release and I cannot wait to play!

But first I gotta scrape off all those blood drops and chalices..... Need to make them Deathwing!

I don't understand why you simply didn't buy the videogame version. It's literally the same game omitting the fact that you play it on a table.

You can even get it on ios/droid and play it on a tablet.

it's even got an exclusive extended blood angels campaign and a unique smurfs campaign. And after all the added campaigns it's only $20

I dun get it

I don't understand why you simply didn't buy the videogame version. It's literally the same game omitting the fact that you play it on a table.

You can even get it on ios/droid and play it on a tablet.

it's even got an exclusive extended blood angels campaign and a unique smurfs campaign. And after all the added campaigns it's only $20

I don't get it

Wait, is this a joke or are you trolling us? That's a serious question.

If you're serious, I'll answer. I HAVE the computer game and I was still first to preorder the real thing. It's a different experience, and I'd venture to say most of us on this forum enjoy the hobby aspect of the models.

Hey guys,

...I also foolishly purchased the Bringer of Sorrow expansion without an ipad to read it on... I thought I could read it on a computer with itunes....Yeah, not my brightest moment. 

Did anyone else pick this up? I don't need exact rules, but I'm really really curious how the Halberd of Caliban and plasma cannon play in Space Hulk.

To address the first part (iBooks without having an iPad/iPhone), check out this link (you'll have to scroll down a few posts). Note that I'm not sure if the suggestion will actually work, mind you.

As for asking/receiving answers to your question, soliciting and giving games rules is not allowed at the B&C.

Hey, I specifically said I didn't need exact rules. I was just interested in knowing what the jist was. "Like a power sword but X" or "Like the Heavy Flamer except y". Nothing specific.

Thanks for the link, though. I'll check it out. :)

Hey guys,

Is it a .mobi file by chance? You can download a program that will let you read those types of files. I forget what its called but if you do a google search for reading .mobi files it should come up.

Oh I see. Yeah I'll back Killmer up. I once ordered a French eBook and they had no problem swapping it around. Since it was purchased through Apple it may be different but it's worth a shot. Heck, Apple would probably refund anyway, they're pretty cool too.

I think I might ask for the refund, because the iTunes store was kinda misleading. Under requirements it said "this is designed for an ipad or iphone, and some features may not work with a mouse or trackpad. To read on an ipan or iphone you need such-and-such update." Which lead me to believe you COULD read it on a computer or laptop, with reduced functionality, and that reading it on a mobile device had extra requirements.

i got one question about the missile launcher: it state :

it cost 1 ap to fire.... cannont be combined with any other action, so it's a move or shoot weapon ? that mean 3 AP lost eachtime it fires ?

or its just no action like opening doors, climbing ladders, activating objectives etc...

You can read iBooks on a computer but that computer needs to be a Mac running OSX Mavericks. I can do it on my MacBook Pro but have noticed a few trackpad issues on books designed for iPad. Different books though, I haven't bought the Deathwing expansion. Yet.

Alvena, I haven't got the expansion so this is guesswork, but I would imagine that, unlike stormbolters which can use 1AP to move and fire at the same time, the cyclone cannot and instead needs to spend 1AP to fire on its own. 

ahh ok this makes sense, but like this you can still use the other 3 AP. seems logic :)

inside the expension you have rules for cyclone, plasma canon (which is just awesome), halberd of caliban, flail of the unforgiven, Standard bearer :)

rule to create your mission and a way to equilibrate with genestealer. 

the interactive command board (quite nice i think) 

Wow, I was not expecting that much additional wargear. Now I have to pull my standard bearer off his 40k base... hmmmm....

As an update, Apple has fully refunded my purchase because it was unclear that the iBook would not work on a PC.

Archived