I try.

However, when it comes to changing the recipe for Cadbury's Creme Eggs and charging 70p for the pleasure ... :furious:

:laugh.::tongue.:

Now I have the mental image of a blood angel tasting a new recipe creme egg and being forced to join the DC afterward...

Today I ran a 2k list with a Librarian dread.... and Malefic daemonology

http://i.imgur.com/OOJShpK.jpg

Indeed! But it was quite fun :D

I got the idea because the lib dread ignores several of the negative effects from that psychic school, and I also brought along to a tech marine to repair hull points from the inevitable perils.

Worked out ok, despite some horrible luck rolling warp charge I managed to bring in 20 daemonettes which gave me some extra VPs and a bit of killyness/meatshields. 

Lucked out on the perils though and rolled 3/4 'good' results, you know the one that gives you fleshbane, armorbane and a 3+ invul. Made the dread very nasty in combat. 

In the future I'll gladly use this again when appropriate. Probably wouldn't take more than one power from Daemonology (Either primaris or the herald summon) and save the second power for 'the quickening' from the BA set. 

8/10 will play again

Sprayed Dante, two Captains, Lemartes and a Techmarine last night. Need to have them painted in three and a half weeks for my Apocalypse game (well, at least Dante and the Techmarine)...

Will put WIPs on my blog when I have some :smile.:

Basecoated in Mithril Silver (well all except Lemartes).

Other than that, I can't stop daydreaming about lists, painting, new models, the Codex, etc.

ARGH! :wub.:

Today I ran a 2k list with a Librarian dread.... and Malefic daemonology

http://i.imgur.com/OOJShpK.jpg

Indeed! But it was quite fun :biggrin.:

I got the idea because the lib dread ignores several of the negative effects from that psychic school, and I also brought along to a tech marine to repair hull points from the inevitable perils.

Worked out ok, despite some horrible luck rolling warp charge I managed to bring in 20 daemonettes which gave me some extra VPs and a bit of killyness/meatshields. 

Lucked out on the perils though and rolled 3/4 'good' results, you know the one that gives you fleshbane, armorbane and a 3+ invul. Made the dread very nasty in combat. 

In the future I'll gladly use this again when appropriate. Probably wouldn't take more than one power from Daemonology (Either primaris or the herald summon) and save the second power for 'the quickening' from the BA set. 

8/10 will play again

Thread idea...

Today in BA:  I used the Angel's Fury Spearhead Force for the first time. 

I definitely not used to navigating three ravens around the board.  And it's more difficult than I thought it was going to be to keep everything zooming and on relevant targets.  So I have a question:  do any of you have any advice or know of a good tactica on maneuvering multiple fliers?    I only had used the one raven at a time before. . .

Cleaned more moldlines after a bit of a hiatus. I'm not sure why, but my two boxes of the new BA Tactical Marines have had some pretty bad moldlines for some reason.

Preparing to buy some Devastator squads next...Even though I should really get all these Tacs done first. *laughs*

I definitely not used to navigating three ravens around the board.  And it's more difficult than I thought it was going to be to keep everything zooming and on relevant targets.  So I have a question:  do any of you have any advice or know of a good tactica on maneuvering multiple fliers?    I only had used the one raven at a time before. . .

If you give me advice on how to afford three Storm Ravens, I'll oblige ;)

Hey All!

I'm new to...well, Lamenters...and the Imperium in general. I'm a dirty Chaos/Xenos player mostly. I've been in the hobby over 10 years...so it's kind of fun/odd/about time that I'm starting an Imperium army now.

I'm going with Lamenters, I've been wanting to paint a Lamenters army for years. All the checks, dags, hearts, details...just looks like fun to me. I'm also hoping to give them a Rogue Trader feel, I'm a big fan of Kev O'Neil and Simon Bisley which were a couple of the big artists of that time. I thought it would be fun to take a turn at it. 

I've always wanted to have a BA army, I love speed and the assault phase (my first army was Speed Freaks). I even had started converting Orks to make a Deep Strike Land Raider list for a counts as 'Deff Krumpany'. Haven't finished it yet though, one day I will. 

For my own Lamenters, I have a theme in mind (though I'm no story teller). I like the idea of a 'Lamenters Last Stand'. With all the bad turns of events, I figure they would start giving away to despair (Death Company) and fighting to their last breath (Red Thirst). In order to make this last stand, they've scrounged up all the gear they can, including raiding local Space Hulks.

Anyway, here is my work so far. I'm probably going to start my own plog here as well. First up, Astorath conversion and Death Company.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Dez667/Lamenters/IMG_8832_zps73da213d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Dez667/Lamenters/IMG_8853_zps25687e34.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Dez667/Lamenters/IMG_8854_zps3747d46a.jpg

If you give me advice on how to afford three Storm Ravens, I'll oblige :wink:

Work hard, stay in school, don't do drugs.

Today in BA: I used the Angel's Fury Spearhead Force for the first time.

I definitely not used to navigating three ravens around the board. And it's more difficult than I thought it was going to be to keep everything zooming and on relevant targets. So I have a question: do any of you have any advice or know of a good tactica on maneuvering multiple fliers? I only had used the one raven at a time before. . .

If you give me advice on how to afford three Storm Ravens, I'll oblige :wink:

Work hard, stay in school, don't do drugs.

Do what everyone else does, sell whatever organs, children, souls, etc you can spare. :)

Cleaned more moldlines after a bit of a hiatus. I'm not sure why, but my two boxes of the new BA Tactical Marines have had some pretty bad moldlines for some reason.

Preparing to buy some Devastator squads next...Even though I should really get all these Tacs done first. *laughs*

I actually noticed that as well, but I thought I just had a bum box.  Greatest tactical kit I've ever bought kit but there were a lot of lines on the arms and legs especially.

the last couple of days have seen me returning to the painting table after a 6 year hiatus (much to my shame...). I sold my original BA army to fund a ring for the lady in my life and never got serious about painting another army until this most recent BA release gave me another itch to scratch.

First Assault Squad Primed, Base Colored and Shaded

I have never used a shade/wash before mostly due to the amount of work, patience/skill/technique it required. I decided that this would be the best army I will have ever painted and went about learning how to shade and highlight. Putting all of that into practice was a bit painstaking at first, but I've found my groove and the results, while not professional by any stretch, are very much to my liking.

The best part is that this would appear to be the most difficult part of painting a BA assault marine. This is also most of the red (oh man I am sick of painting red at the moment...) and I now get to look forward to using other colors which is a relief and a much needed break.

Edited by Evicerator

They're looking good, some nice shading in there. What color are you thinking for the lenses? Green might work best. 

trying out the Ceramite white > Waywatcher Green for lenses. But... I like the old school way of doing it (never done it though, so we'll see haha)

Been working on a whole bunch of things, sprayed a few rhinos and a storm raven black plus a few character models.

Worked on building a fire raptor

Blacked out details on assault marines

Continued the slow process of rebasing my army.

And worked on my Mephy

gallery_14877_7794_273930.jpg

Been working on a whole bunch of things, sprayed a few rhinos and a storm raven black plus a few character models.

And worked on my Mephy

Goddamnit man. Can I pay you to make me one of those? Holy :censored:balls.

And worked on my Mephy

Goddamnit man. Can I pay you to make me one of those? Holy :censored:balls.

This^^. Very much this.

Today I was supposed to be painting 8 tactical marines to fulfill the troop requirements of the new dex, but instead I got distracted and basecoated these gunslinger assault marine sergeants. Meltacide and flamercide for lols.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150123_184801_zps1e951b58.jpg