Possibly, I actually meant to write nine days because no one said it would start in GMT ;) I'd rather have folk ready to go incase Semper opens it up once it goes June 1st in Australia (which he's done before).

Possibly, I actually meant to write nine days because no one said it would start in GMT :wink: I'd rather have folk ready to go incase Semper opens it up once it goes June 1st in Australia (which he's done before).

There is nothing wrong with Blood Angles rushing in. It's kind of in their... blood.

Sorry, I'll get my coat. :pinch:

Life is really interfering with hobby time for me (how dare it!)

But my goal for the ETL is to crank out some seriously backlogged models. 300+ pots of Death Company at the least.

What’s the limit on re-vowing? I just did it all in one big bow last time, but I’ll need to break things up this time around.

Edited by Indefragable

But my goal for the ETL is to crank out some seriously backlogged models. 300+ pots of Death Company at the least.

What’s the limit on re-vowing? I just did it all in one big bow last time, but I’ll need to break things up this time around.

As before - 5 vows per participant.

As before - 5 vows per participant.

Acknowledged.

Is there some stipulation about the points value for each vow? Does the first one have to be the biggest or something like that?

Pretty great paint job for how little effort went into it.

Still not forking over the money for citadel paint.

And tomorrow I'll be breaking my 40k fast from the past few months, against a friend who wants a chance to redeem himself against me, after the mauling I gave his admech last time.

This time I'm facing his much scarier Guard army. Gonna have to take on a bunch of armor.

Same. By Sanguinius and the Omnissiah, I applaud those who vow. Only not vowing anything because I'm not confident enough in my painting and I don't have a ton to paint in the first place. I know "no vow is too small" and all that, but I'd prefer to chill and relax while I paint rather that work toward an Internet-obligated deadline.

Same. By Sanguinius and the Omnissiah, I applaud those who vow. Only not vowing anything because I'm not confident enough in my painting and I don't have a ton to paint in the first place. I know "no vow is too small" and all that, but I'd prefer to chill and relax while I paint rather that work toward an Internet-obligated deadline.

Awww, what does your painting log look like? Literally anything helps. And my skills suck and i'm going to throw down and if I can do it so can you.

Five Intercessors, a Captain in Gravis Armor, 10 Skitarii and a Knight I'm not ready to start painting yet. Also some half-finished Rubricae, an equally half-finished old resin Ahriman and a bunch of Marines that need stripped first, which I don't have the purple for.

Well do you think you can paint 5 marines and or the captain in three months? That's like 200pts :wink:

You have plenty of time Adriyen :smile.:
- event starts on 1st June,
- event lasts for 3 monts, 
- to participate, we need to pledge our first vow in the first 30 days from the start,
- we can make up to 5 vows this way,
- one color (any color) priming is allowed,
- we provide the "before" in the vow and later the "after" photo when we declare the vow completed,
- the final quality/standard of the painted miniatures should be according to your own tastes. When you say it's ready, it's ready.

We will be happy to have you on board:)

Edited by Majkhel

Literally any single point helps. Last year the Blood Angels forum won by less then 400 points!

This whole thing is about painting motivation first and foremost. You will get moral support on all steps of the way. With a single Captain and Squad you would already help your fellow space vampires (and also get another Patrol Detachment to play with in the process). I say go for it!

Sorry for double posting, but about the Contrast paints: have you seen Richard Gray's attempt at 1 coat of Blood Angel Red o this Marine?

60789608_2630063310354982_86481465815701

(source: Richard's FB)

That is actually fairly impressive but I wouldn't for a minute believe this is just a simple contrast paint over white primer kind of thing.

Sorry for double posting, but about the Contrast paints: have you seen Richard Gray's attempt at 1 coat of Blood Angel Red o this Marine?

60789608_2630063310354982_86481465815701

(source: Richard's FB)

That is actually fairly impressive but I wouldn't for a minute believe this is just a simple contrast paint over white primer kind of thing.

It's not. 

From Richard's description under the picture:

"So I've been playing about with the new Contrast Paints from Games Workshop and I wanted to see if I could get something done for gaming really quickly. I started by priming black and then a zenithal highlight of Wraithbone The marine you can see here is just one coat of Blood Angel Red for the base armour, one coat of Iyanden Yellow for the eagle and one coat of Black Templar for the gun. The gun glow was Aethermatic Blue. I think the blue could have done with a white base colour to be more effective. I added some very quick highlights by hand using Evil Sunz Scarlet, Wild Rider Red and Lugganth Orange, and I painted in the eyes with Moot Green and Yriel Yellow. The gun had some very quick upper edge highlights of Daemonette Hide. I then gave the whole model a coat of matte varnish. Total paint time was around 30 minutes not including waiting for it to dry. You could very easily knock out a 10 man squad of these in a day."

So as you see, there were 2 steps before the actual "single coat" (talking about armor only) and 3 highlights after that. This looks similar to the way airbrush layers works.