It occurred to me today, we're at the run-in to this year's ETL.

I'm not entirely sure how the current situation will impact participation, and it certainly shouldn't take precedence. Resisting nurgle's touch is more important.

That said, for those of us in a position to participate I think it would be good to get ahead of the competition and start building our submissions.

Perhaps our glorious leader would oblige us with a stickied thread and some words of encouragement?

Yours in Yellow

The ETL has been postponed and there will be something else as a replacement, but it's a very casual event.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363446-the-lock-down-painting-challenge-2020/page-3?do=findComment&comment=5512654

I plan to make a thread on the subject soon but tbh I'm waiting on a new wireless card so I can do it on my desktop rather than my phone

The ETL has been postponed and there will be something else as a replacement, but it's a very casual event.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363446-the-lock-down-painting-challenge-2020/page-3?do=findComment&comment=5512654

I plan to make a thread on the subject soon but tbh I'm waiting on a new wireless card so I can do it on my desktop rather than my phone

I should stress the casual part. There's no need to go nuts for this :smile.:

I for one am planning on working with single models, as I do for the 12-months Hobby challenge: fleshing out existing units, filling out heavy/special weapons options where they're missing, etc. Perhaps I will also do some colour-scheme tests on other factions, considering I can still pledge them to a our sub-forum (I have a SoB army beginnings stuffed somewhere).

I should stress the casual part. There's no need to go nuts for this :)

Thank you for compensating for my lack of observation Jol.... I should really check before opening my mouth sometimes :-).

I do have a reaver titan I was waiting for the ETL to start with... Now I can just crack on with it, though I suppose I should finish off my badab war kill team first.

Cheers

LM

So awhile back I posted some Incursors on here, upon which I had experimented with contrast, and as some of you pointed out the shading effect didn't work too well as the primer I used was a little too dark. So I decided to dust off my layering and shading skills to see if I couldn't improve them a bit. Please let me know what you think!

gallery_66172_16279_1198027.png

gallery_66172_16279_839529.png

gallery_66172_16279_956420.png

gallery_66172_16279_252343.jpg

gallery_66172_16279_134349.jpg

So awhile back I posted some Incursors on here, upon which I had experimented with contrast, and as some of you pointed out the shading effect didn't work too well as the primer I used was a little too dark. So I decided to dust off my layering and shading skills to see if I couldn't improve them a bit. Please let me know what you think!

*pictures*

I really dig the turquoise lenses dude.

Hey Jole, you PM box is full :P
How do you see if we start some build-up thread for the incoming Lockdown-Painting-Challenge and ETL VIII? :)
No pressure, just a signal that I'm eager to help if needed :)

For the Lockdown Painting Challenge, starting point is like ETL - up to basecoat/single base colour coat.

WHAT: The Challenge is simple, complete one model in three months. The model must be fully painted and based to your own standard. Feel free to pledge and complete more, but once you have completed the Challenge's single model, it is secure and cannot be lost. Your starting model may be assembled, and may have amaximum of a single base colour applied.

WHEN: The event will run May 15th through August 15th 2020.

Where: The Event will be run from the WIP Forum in The Forge, and will have one central thread for all Forums to declare their Vows and Completions.

HOW: Make your vow in the format (or any creative variant) provided below.

Previously undercoats or basecoats of any colour were acceptable, so as not to advantage members whose armies were say, black, who would have a huge advantage in painting comps.

Well. The DC Tycho is black so?..

Although I mean to keep the body armor gold on mine, as well as the shoulderpad trims..

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm.php?b62c=@haLvy_i8khi.hozqS@@@@___hyOv1iakk7.___hIAEG__@@@@@@@@@_@_@@@@@@@@@iaj2Fiaj2F@._______@.@@@@@iakk7&

Good idea?  Go all black DC?  Go golden normal Tycho?

Edited by appiah5

What do you guys think of the Leviathan dreadnought? Despite the awesome FW model, the Stormcannons look pretty tasty. It’s just a lot of points (and money) in a single unit. A 2+/4++ T8 14 wound absolute unit, but still. :)

What do you guys think of the Leviathan dreadnought? Despite the awesome FW model, the Stormcannons look pretty tasty. It’s just a lot of points (and money) in a single unit. A 2+/4++ T8 14 wound absolute unit, but still. :smile.:

The Leviathan is generally regarded as a really good unit, even the chaos version. Double storm cannons to ruin friendships. I have one with stormcannon and claw. Dreads with invulnerable saves are ace. I hope the BA version with assault cannons gets 40k rules in the next round of updates. 

In other news, I started reading Sin of Damnation, by Gav Thorpe. A quick read, it's a novelisation of the Space Hulk game. which is a bit odd. I like the BA characters and there's some additional background on the BA's first interaction with Genestealers (spoiler: didn't end well), however as with all of Thorpe's work, it's really, really dry. It's like he just played the game through and wrote what happened. DBH will probably appreciate this from our Feast of Blades write ups. There's a few scenes where "Character X rotated 180 degrees" or "Terminator Y moved backwards and to the side to allow his brother a line of sight". You can almost add "at the cost of 2 action points" to the end of most sentences. 

Still, for the £3 it cost me for a hard copy with amazing art on the front, I'm happy.

Edited by Xenith

"Character X rotated 180 degrees" or "Terminator Y moved backwards and to the side to allow his brother a line of sight". You can almost add "at the cost of 2 action points" to the end of most sentences. 

That made me smile, thanks Xenith :biggrin.:

"Character X rotated 180 degrees" or "Terminator Y moved backwards and to the side to allow his brother a line of sight". You can almost add "at the cost of 2 action points" to the end of most sentences. 

That made me smile, thanks Xenith :biggrin.:

Haha, yes, I'm literally waiting for a scene where Lorenzo is exhausted and can go no further until Captain Raphael gives him some words of encouragement to walk forwards another three steps. 

What do you guys think of the Leviathan dreadnought? Despite the awesome FW model, the Stormcannons look pretty tasty. It’s just a lot of points (and money) in a single unit. A 2+/4++ T8 14 wound absolute unit, but still. :)

The Leviathan is generally regarded as a really good unit, even the chaos version. Double storm cannons to ruin friendships. I have one with stormcannon and claw. Dreads with invulnerable saves are ace. I hope the BA version with assault cannons gets 40k rules in the next round of updates. 

Is the claw worth it with the Stormcannon? I guess he shouldn’t be in close combat with that kind of firepower. :D

The siege drill is also pretty cool, flat 4 damage I like.

And yeah, I was pretty disappointed we didn’t get the assault cannons in 40k, just imagine the Dakka this big boy can dish out!

I’ve got a pretty good opportunity to pick a new one up for just 55€ instead of 70€, just the body, mind. FW store is down still so no weapon options...