I haven't done any modeling painting lately for my Blood Angels.  The Imperial Knight being pretty much the only thing this year for them.  Most of my work has been on my other army.

Lately I have tried a completely knew style of Blood Angels for me.  Rather than the all jump pack, or all fast tank attack, I've been running Death Company heavy using Land Raider (supported by the Knight).

Almost finished clipping and assembling the space hulk box.

Did spray the fantasy tower "bastion counts as" with matte varnish. The idea is to use multiple fantasy fortresses and set up a zone mortalis style board that represents marines defending their chapter fortress monastery.

Recently I've purchased a can of this for all things black and I have to say, I quite like it. First time I've undercoated in black spray too (I learned to paint in the second edition when Blood Angels had a white basecoat...).

The Scout just needs tidying up and he's finished. Corbulo is at ~ 85%, but the DC marine is lagging behind.

I finally scratched the itch to do a BA/Successor Chapter by starting on my Space Hulk minis :happy.:

Space Hulk minis - the Flesh Tearers!

I have Seth and pre Death Company Tycho (metal versions - good ol' Ebay! :happy.: ) that I want to paint soon too.

I brought out my blood angels for a 750 game yesterday.  20 assault marines a lbirarian and 3 attack bikes versus Dark Eldar.  I feel like I got pretty lucky, invisibility made one of my assault squads pretty much immune to enemy fire and once they got close, dark eldar were unhappy.

Also helped that the Archon failed his first 2+ invul and then died to a meltagun to the face.

Beat a buddy of mine that is an ork player who had just bought a Stompa. 2k game. Having no super-heavy to counter, I excepted to lose, so I suicided Dante and nine other melta guns (5 in an SG squad,4 in a nearby assault marine squad w/ SP+melta pistol), right behind the Stompa. Reduced it to 1 hull point in one alpha strike, with my Storm Raven also unloading on it.

Long story short, I nearly tabled him. He conceded at the end of the 5th round with my DC still ready to charge from the SR, and two of his units left on the table.

Nice! Every time I have faced a Stompa in Apocalypse it has always survived :/

In other news, I now have a deadline for finishing my Imperial Knight: 2nd November will be it's debut game and as per my group's rules, any and all Super Heavies have to be painted to a battle ready standard (three base colours and based) in order to be used. *Gulp*

Corbulo should be finished this week...

Ohhhohohoho....*rubs hands with in glee*

I harnessed the power of an airbrush for the first time and it was GLORIOUS! Base coated everything - 3 drop pods, storm raven, death company, assault marines, vanguard veterans and reclusiarch in an afternoon. An afternoon!!! The wife isn't happy though, since now I'm saving up for an iwata. I caught the bug.

Converted a pewter (3rd ed. ) GK in power armour into a librarian -- basically chopped off the storm bolter arm and replaced it with a death company bolt pistol arm and have him a DC backpack. Added a banner to the backpack and sketched out what I'll try to freehand on it. Under costed and did a base coat of Caledor Sky then a wash left it to dry 'till tomorrow!

Been working on this fellow; mostly finished, some touchups and basing, and he'll probably be posted in BA forum and Hall of Honor soon.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8363/gallery_60983_8363_67142.jpg

Not sure why I'm not as impressed with the result as I thought I would be.. It looks good, but, I don't know, I feel like I didn't get something right, but not sure what..

Edited by appiah5

Lack of painting time last week, however, Corbulo is now at the stage where all he needs is his highlights and his headlamp doing. Aiming for a white light but unsure on how to do it? White base and blue ink followed by an ice blue drybrush?

Pushing the Knight along too, just need to decide on the bling...

Started finalising my successor colour scheme on some test minis!

Still relatively new to painting and I only own a few of the GW "BASE" range, so be gentle!

They were already painted previously and just undercoated again so if there is any majorly clogged details that is why!

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb99/BFC_photo/20141012_205736.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb99/BFC_photo/20141012_205720.jpg

Edited by Charlo