An hour? Sheesh. It can take me a couple of hours to finish one mini after it's been airbrushed and I still only get average quality.

From what I've seen, your stuff is way above average :wink:

Efficiency is all about doing what you do already, but quicker – trimming the fat. If you review your current process you can probably find ways to cut out / speed up certain steps and get that two hours down.

Also, something that is very hard to learn to do... Don't judge the mini's quality until it is finished.

With just base colours on it'll look weird, after a wash it may even look dull.

It's not until that first/ second highlight pass that it all starts to come together :smile.:

Couldn't agree more. My BA often look very dark until I lay the highlights down, but it's all about contrast – the dark and the light (to quote Rey). Just a few strokes can drastically change a model.

I've been assembly line painting. I have 5 Tactical man's painted up to where primer is showing only on flash. I paint each Marine to the same level so all red then seals& tabbards etc. Flesh then helmets and I do arms and weapons last usually.

Right now I'm working on the helmets which takes longer since I'm having to paint up to white. I was just curious. I'm very envious of people that paint to a high quality quickly!

Batch painting is different. It can take a long time to do one step across a whole bunch of models. It can be more grueling that way, but will be quicker overall.

E.g.: Say it takes 1 hour to finish one model after basecoating. 10 models may take 10 days / 10 hours, assuming you get at least an hour each day. But every day you paint you have one completed model, which is rewarding.

Conversely it may only take 8 hours to batch paint all 10, but 2x 4-hour sessions (or 4x 2-hour sessions) may be hard to find time for, and a 4-hour session may feel more like hard work than enjoyable hobby.

10  Sanguards and one oldschool metal dreadsock furioso arrived today.

The furioso is painted in klassikal ba sheeme with all the old collors from the 2nd edition.

Its time to take a bath in alcohol for this little bugger.

The Sanguard´s getting the backpack magnetized to use them also on my legion destroyers.

So allotta work to do.

The furioso is painted in klassikal ba sheeme with all the old collors from the 2nd edition.

Any pictures before you do? I always like seeing old paint schemes from ages past - as do I enjoy seeing an old model getting a spruced up modern paint job! :)

Spagunk I would imagine part of that is the impending 8th Edition. I doubt many people would want to buy datacards without knowing their usefulness in the short term future. Either that or they're all just super lame people who don't appreciate the greatest chapter in the Imperium :D

An hour? Sheesh. It can take me a couple of hours to finish one mini after it's been airbrushed and I still only get average quality.

From what I've seen, your stuff is way above average :wink:

Efficiency is all about doing what you do already, but quicker – trimming the fat. If you review your current process you can probably find ways to cut out / speed up certain steps and get that two hours down.

Thanks. Let's just call it "table-top quality plus" then. :smile.:

Yeah, for my Blood Angels I actively sought to get a quicker paint scheme by doing things like sponge chipping for weathering and highlighting in one go and using a colour pallette that is quick to paint (not requiring lots of layers, like yellow). My other armies, like my bone over purple Hive Fleet Leviathan Tyranids, take even longer because bone is such a pain in the ass colour to paint in large quantities if you can't airbrush it. Doing that for a horde army was not a wise decision. :biggrin.:

I've been assembly line painting. I have 5 Tactical man's painted up to where primer is showing only on flash. I paint each Marine to the same level so all red then seals& tabbards etc. Flesh then helmets and I do arms and weapons last usually.

Right now I'm working on the helmets which takes longer since I'm having to paint up to white. I was just curious. I'm very envious of people that paint to a high quality quickly!

Batch painting is different. It can take a long time to do one step across a whole bunch of models. It can be more grueling that way, but will be quicker overall.

E.g.: Say it takes 1 hour to finish one model after basecoating. 10 models may take 10 days / 10 hours, assuming you get at least an hour each day. But every day you paint you have one completed model, which is rewarding.

Conversely it may only take 8 hours to batch paint all 10, but 2x 4-hour sessions (or 4x 2-hour sessions) may be hard to find time for, and a 4-hour session may feel more like hard work than enjoyable hobby.

Oh definitely. I've tried batch painting a few times in the past, and while it indeed saves a decent amount of time, I was bored to tears doing it. Every time I tried it I ended up getting painting fatigue and then not doing anything for months. In the end I get more done over a longer period of time if I just do it one by one. :smile.:

Oh definitely. I've tried batch painting a few times in the past, and while it indeed saves a decent amount of time, I was bored to tears doing it. Every time I tried it I ended up getting painting fatigue and then not doing anything for months. In the end I get more done over a longer period of time if I just do it one by one. :smile.:

Exactly this, in my case. That last 10 man dev squad I did took months, purely as I got so bored. I invariably break down into painting individuals, if I want to complete a unit. 

Any pictures before you do? I always like seeing old paint schemes from ages past - as do I enjoy seeing an old model getting a spruced up modern paint job! :)

Spagunk I would imagine part of that is the impending 8th Edition. I doubt many people would want to buy datacards without knowing their usefulness in the short term future. Either that or they're all just super lame people who don't appreciate the greatest chapter in the Imperium :D

Not a god shot but here it is.

I buyed him from the bay but i painted my old dreads nearly in the same style inclusive the thick paint and dirty paintshop. http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/IMG_20170419_193831_zpsih6wxkfz.jpg

I repainted all my dreads so this one to see was a travel in the past. :)

I've been kinda avoiding the Internet since the 8th Ed news dropped. Can't face wading through the explosion just yet!

Instead, as well as DIY and dog walking, I've been working on my Rhino, which is nearly finished. Thing is, I can't decide whether to paint headlamp OSL, or if that would be too much?

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Rhino-WIP-01-768x614.jpg

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Rhino-WIP-02-768x614.jpg

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

You talented :censored:, that's practically perfect.

A bit of OSL on those lights probably wouldn't go amiss, but keep the area it covers very small. The steel cables and hatch look a touch bright given the weathering shading on the rest of the model, though that's really looking for something to nitpick.

I've been kinda avoiding the Internet since the 8th Ed news dropped. Can't face wading through the explosion just yet!

Instead, as well as DIY and dog walking, I've been working on my Rhino, which is nearly finished. Thing is, I can't decide whether to paint headlamp OSL, or if that would be too much?

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Rhino-WIP-01-768x614.jpg

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Rhino-WIP-02-768x614.jpg

Thoughts?

Thougths? I'm in friggin' love is what I am thinking! :o

Thanks chaps! Had fun painting it really battered and dirty :)

@ socket, I think you're right - that's what I'll do. And tone down the bright metal bits too.

As for 8th ed. It'll be fine. Don't worry

Oh I'm not worried - I think it'll be great. Just can't be bothered to read all the inevitable whining! :D

Thanks chaps! Had fun painting it really battered and dirty :smile.:

@ socket, I think you're right - that's what I'll do. And tone down the bright metal bits too.

As for 8th ed. It'll be fine. Don't worry

Oh I'm not worried - I think it'll be great. Just can't be bothered to read all the inevitable whining! :biggrin.:

I have to agree with socket and the dozer blades look a bit too clean as well imo. They look like they are fresh from the forge and just got attached to the already battle proven Rhino. :D

So, a few weeks ago I bought the artificer tint set at a local store. I remember seeing some stuff on here awhile ago that made me want to mess with the tints, and I remember being disappointed when I noticed it wasn't available online anymore..... However, I have not found a good use for the tints yet..... Anyone have any ideas? Should I add the Sanguinius Red to evil sunz scarlet for a brighter red? Any cool power weapony/glowy effects I can try to pull off involving them? I'm just at a loss with what to do with them, but I was soo excited when I saw them at the store for some reason... someone help! 

I did try mixing the red with abbadon black after seeing an example of a blackish blue GW shows on the box... it didn't look great...

Also, the Rhino is stunning!