@LutherMax

Thoughts?

Well im thinking the red on the rhino matches the red on my marines so you should probably just send it to me.

Exceptional painting there, any criticisms i have have been said about the dozer blades and the cable. Once they are addressed it should be perfect

I'm really stoked about all the new announcements. My goal is still to complete a Demi-company for narrative play and themes.

It's going to be an adjustment with how all formations as we know them are gone.

Still as excited as ever and can't wait to see where we are headed. Really looking forward to the generals handbook too.

On another note. I just took the Janus model and converted him to a counts as Mephiston.

I guess I gonna spread the word here as well. Not just that we are fighting the Tyranids while splitting our forces to be everywhere at once just to get our butt kicked (okay to be fair we do some butt kicking as well)....now we are also split apart from the rest of the Imperium (at least the other Chapter)!

GW really likes to see us suffer it seems. :D

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333126-big-announcement-2pm-220417/?p=4718028

Well, despite everything that happens, we know we still make it to Terra. So they can make all the stabs at Baal they want, Angels will always own the heavens.

queue retcon :P

My friend would always make fun of me for having not one bolter in my army..

(My "competitive" brain did not have bandwidth to fit bolt guns to power fisted DCs)

Well, in response to that, I added two combi bolters. 

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/924/5UJGRN.jpg

Edited by OrbOfAntioch

To be honest, I doubt I'll read it anytime soon; I've not even read Exterminatus yet.

Just thinking of getting it for the rules and for being a completionist.

£22.50 plus postage though...

I was 7 Terminators away from my all Terminators Archangel List. I bet it will still be good in 8th edition. If there are one or two units that could really benefit from a refresh of ALL units in the game, Terminators and Dreadnoughts would be the ones. So, no slacking for me still!

With the ETL not happening this year, I think it's almost providential. It's like someone let Semper know the new edition was coming out, so the ETL would have caused a lot of consternation about what to paint for your game, the ETL, and the new edition. 

I was 7 Terminators away from my all Terminators Archangel List. I bet it will still be good in 8th edition. 

Yes, I think units like this/focused armies will really benefit from the "new ways to play" both in matched play, narrative and the middle one.

I'm most psyched about the reintroduction of meat grinder. Imagine those 5 units of termies vs endlessly respawning nids. All you have to do is survive.

Edited by Xenith

Aye, they said that because of the FOURTEEN new Force orgs, you'll find it hard not to make an army out of the models you've got for any previous formations etc.

For all we know we'll get some nice "charge from deep strike" command points too... Who knows!?

I'm so so so so so so SO hyped for 8th ed!

While I'm currently on a BA hiatus (so when Angelus drops I can plow forward without burnout) I'll be eager to see the rules and contribute here (and play some games with what I do have...).

You and me both, Charlo. :D

Also I'm kinda glad that I was still busy with my Tau so far so that I couldn't build the special BA lists based around specific formations I was thinking about. I doubt I'll be able to play a 100% Dreadnought list or a 100% Tank list anytime soon with just the free basic rules and there is no way to tell when BA will get their battletome/Codex/whatever. :D

I doubt I'll be able to play a 100% Dreadnought list or a 100% Tank list anytime soon with just the free basic rules

I can guarantee that you will be able to, on release.

While using a proper FOC? I'm obviously not talking about Unbound/Open play or something like that. My group will probably stick to Matched play like most other groups. :D

I doubt I'll be able to play a 100% Dreadnought list or a 100% Tank list anytime soon with just the free basic rules

I can guarantee that you will be able to, on release.

While using a proper FOC? I'm obviously not talking about Unbound/Open play or something like that. My group will probably stick to Matched play like most other groups. :biggrin.:

From the looks of things, FOC gives you lots of bonuses, such as command points, but are not compulsory at all. So you'd be able to do matched play, 1500pts, but no force org. You still get some command points if all your dreads or tanks are from the same faction, etc.

If your opponent decided to use a force org to get some bonus command points, then that's up to them. 

Of course, you can just thrown down with 10 unit points or whatever, you drop down 10 dreads and your opponent drops 10 units as well, then see who wins. 

As I said elsewhere, meatgrinder with all dreads on one side will be fun. That was always a great scenario.