yes they are the "wrong" way around, no it doesn't look bad. :)

I have had a nice family day at a swimming park with many many slides and stuff, didn't go order the birthday primaris captain (will wait till its at a more local store to me).

I have, this evening, base coated my hellblaster helms, shaded them, touched them up with base coat colour, blocked in silver areas and black areas and shaded those, and started work on the 9 sets of eye lenses I need to do. I've also base coated two of the gold helms I needed to do.

Oh and I've begun work on my primaris captain.

I'm having second thoughts, I think I glued the wings the wrong way. The upper part is attached to the jump pack, isntead of being vertical like in the sanguinary guards models. Given, the priest's model didnt have the proper holders for the wings, but still, my OCD is kicking in like crazy :/

I agree with Blindhamster - I think they look fine. I thought you put them that way deliberately and I've seen others do the same.

So I ended up facing Eldar tonight, and man they are still nasty...

My list again:

Here is my list 2000 points (7CP):

Vanguard Detachment:

Commander Dante

Sanguinary Priest with JP

Sanguinary Ancient

4man Sanguinary Guard (3 axes, 1 sword, all Angelus cuz that's how they're modeled)

5man Sanguinary Guard (5 swords, all Angelus...)

Battalion Detachment:

Brother Corbulo

Captain with PS and Plasma Pistol

Tactical squad - 8man, Heavy Flamer, Serg (hand flamer and PS) ...Rhino

Scout squad - 8man

Scout squad - 10man, Sniper rifles and Camo Cloaks

Death Company Dreadnought - fists

StormRaven twin-AC and twin-MM

His list... was something like:

Wraithknight

10 striking scorpions

bunch of jet bikes

10 rangers with sniper

several other units of infantry

The StormRaven dished out some major damage to the Wraithknight but it died on turn 2... it did get to dump the Death Company Dreadnought who assaulted the Wraithknight along with a Rhino (rhino ate overwatch), the dread did nothing and then died by assault.

The massively expensive Sanguinary Guard units were all killed turn 1, but the Ancient, SP and Dante hung around picking off infantry units in assault.

My snipers took some wounds off the Avatar but not enough to make a difference, they were assaulted and eaten by striking scorpions. My CC scouts held the super objective but that didn't matter in the end.

The tactical squad with Corbulo and Captain did well with shooting but were assaulted by the Wraithknight, they got him down to 1 wound, but then we determined that the game's conclusion was already decided, and I lost.

He kicked my butt - however, I've played this opponent hundreds of times over the last few editions and at least this time I felt like I was able to dish out some damage. Seeing the SG all die so easily turn 1 and the DC dreadnought do nothing was disheartening but the rest of the army performed better than expected.

When you say the dc dread did nothing is that because it failed with his attacks or did the filthy xenos not fail any saves?

When you say the dc dread did nothing is that because it failed with his attacks or did the filthy xenos not fail any saves?

Also, how exactly did the SG come to grief?

Knowledge is power!

Well the DC dread couldn't make any wounds on the Wraithknight, both from my bad rolls and him making saves. It did survive one round by making 2 "feel no pain" rolls, but in the next combat he activated first and killed it easily. The Wraithknight is still nasty he hits with like Str 16 and his wounds do a ton of damage (6 per wound). It was probably a mistake to charge him but he had no other vehicles so I just went for it.

The SG I found were less durable because of MSU. Even though the SPriest was there, the eldar focus fired on the first 4man unit, killing them all, so the SP couldn't bring any back. The second unit charged the Avatar (or be charged) and he ate them for lunch. The Ancient, SP, and Dante jumped away.

In a later round the Avatar caught up to them again and finished the job. This was mostly my error, his Avatar was low on wounds so I used herioc intervention to pull Dante in, but the Avatar survived with one remaining wound and squashed Dante.

I think the DC dread and SG would have stomped some regular infantry but against the elite units, Wraithknight, Avatar and Striking scorpions they couldn't really measure up. I needed more shooting to take those units down but the new BA are even more stingy on points than before.

His units were so fast the Heavy Flamer was out of range all game, but it did do some real nice damage in Overwatch and that was cool!

Edited by Chaplain Gunzhard

The AoBR captain! Always liked that model... as for the helmet, it's a tough call! Maybe red because you have the gold eagle behind, and the honours and the Bolter casing (which looks great gold btw)

I think i'm leaning towards red...

The AoBR captain is pretty cool. Just did a simple weapon swap. This guy hangs out with my ML devs and hammers the face of those who'd try to tie them up in combat.

Thanks muchly.

EDC

Finished building my Deimos Rhino today. I don't really like the piddly bolters so left them off – may add a plastic storm bolter, not sure. What do y'all think of the little aerial thingy?

Also re-purposed my Sanguinary Priest with his original chainsword and a bolt pistol (to be painted), instead of Valour's Edge and Fury of Baal which he had in 7th :smile.:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Deimos-Predator-WIP0-01-768x576.jpg

Edited by LutherMax

[rant]

Have I ranted about this thrice-damned Stormraven canopy this month yet?

Tonight's menu see a starter of frosted "glass" followed by a main course of fiddly little bars that don't fit no matter which way I try*, and finished with a delicate little snapped bar.

Sod this for a game of solders, I need a beer. There's a reason it's taken me over four years to finish this thing

The servitor bars don't even fit right (there's a gap between them and the "glass") which results in them popping off the model the moment someone casts them a cursory glance.

Honestly, I've been uttering curse words that will make Urban Dictionary blush but at least the damn thing is done. Now to out myself through the pain of edge highlights.