What's the finish of the paint like? If it's not too think I would probably re-prime them to get an even colour and texture all over the models before moving on to other colours.

Do you have any Vallejo acrylic polyurethane primer? It's designed for use with an airbrush so you have a lot more control than using a spray can.

Hm, yea repriming with an airbrush seems like a way to do this for a better consistency. I think if I do a thin enough layer, the details will still show through clean enough. 

-With red I'm starting from level zero, and color/technique so I'm happy to dump my old GW colors and invest in some new paint. Those GW pots are awful anyway. Is Vallejo the way to go, and which reds should I get? The gradient of reds on your models is very beautiful!

Thanks Orb!

One of the main advantages of Vallejo is the easy-to-use dropper bottles. There's also a huge colour choice in their Model Air range, which you can use straight through the airbrush without dilution. There's also the newer Game Air range where you can get brighter, more Fantasy orientated colours similar to GW's.

I did do a tutorial on my red if you want to do something similar (http://www.themightybrush.com/how-to-paint-blood-angels-part-i/), although I ended up going fairly in depth to get it 'just right' :biggrin.:

You could also just buy a few of the different Model Air / Game Air reds and do some experimentation, see what works for you.

Edited by LutherMax

Forge World BA 30k Transfer Sheet up for Pre-Order today.

It's bloody beautiful.

There is also the little PDF you can download detailing the symbols.

I had a look at that at Warhammer Fest and spoke to the designer. I told her we were all very happy with it :D

They had the Thunderhawk there with some of the transfers on it.

So does this mean our book is coming soon?!

Forge World BA 30k Transfer Sheet up for Pre-Order today.

It's bloody beautiful.

There is also the little PDF you can download detailing the symbols.

I thought the 40k transfers were fantastic, these are beyond gorgeous. I wants them, my precious.

Anyone see the Twitch game that was supposed to happen today with Warhammer TV?

I'm curious to know how the BA fared against the Death Guard.

Fridays games were Imperial Fists v Death Guard and Khorne v Orks - is BA supposed to be today?

Anyone see the Twitch game that was supposed to happen today with Warhammer TV?

I'm curious to know how the BA fared against the Death Guard.

Fridays games were Imperial Fists v Death Guard and Khorne v Orks - is BA supposed to be today?

I was confused by this also, I logged on to watch them but no luck, maybe the wrong day?

Yeah but that flyers still let people dis- and embark, getting repaired while is flying makes total sense. :D

Not that i´m fine with that at the moment. :biggrin.:

People can easily embark some cheap units in stormravens and keep the spam. They will find an exploit if there is one.

Although i don´t hope that gw increase the price of the ravens.

If people stick chaff units in the ravens, they still autolose.

A raven full of people vs an empty one is the same for the purposes of sudden death.

Those units aren't on the table effectively.

So you'd have to have them on the table, and then the opponent kills the chaff, and voila, raven spammer loses.

So your chaff has to be able to survive through multiple turns until the Ravens kill enough, and by then your taking a decent ground force and some ravens.

The sudden death will be only if it is your last raven getting destroyed where dudes hide.

If you put in every raven some scouts it would be a bit harder. Or you hide some dudes in terrain.

I like the version with 1-2 Ravens and some Razorback and groundforces more for casual play.

The newly FAQ'd rule starts "If at the end of any turn after the first battle round, one player has no models on the battlefield, the game ends immediately and their opponent automatically wins a crushing victory." Flyers are now excluded from being 'on the battlefield' for this rule. Deepstrike-style troops still in reserve are also clearly not on the battlefield. When you embark units, you 'remove them from the battlefield' in the transports rule. So they don't count as being on the battlefield either. This didn't matter before because their transport itself counted, occupied or not. But a unit in a flyer doesn't count.

You effectively now need boots/tracks/claws/tentacles physically on the ground* to avoid being tabled. The one exception is fortifications in your army list with one of your units inside it.

* yes, I know, hover tanks. Close enough ;)

The newly FAQ'd rule starts "If at the end of any turn after the first battle round, one player has no models on the battlefield, the game ends immediately and their opponent automatically wins a crushing victory." Flyers are now excluded from being 'on the battlefield' for this rule. Deepstrike-style troops still in reserve are also clearly not on the battlefield. When you embark units, you 'remove them from the battlefield' in the transports rule. So they don't count as being on the battlefield either. This didn't matter before because their transport itself counted, occupied or not. But a unit in a flyer doesn't count.

You effectively now need boots/tracks/claws/tentacles physically on the ground* to avoid being tabled. The one exception is fortifications in your army list with one of your units inside it.

* yes, I know, hover tanks. Close enough :wink:

^this

Having units embarked doesn't change anything for Flyers here.

Sorry for not knowing where to put this question, feel free to move/remove my post.

Does anyone know what the points adjustment to a power fist is? I'm hoping it's going to impact inferno pistols