Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BA Today

Blood Angels

• Please log in to reply
6276 replies to this topic

OrbOfAntioch

OrbOfAntioch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 77 posts

What's the finish of the paint like? If it's not too think I would probably re-prime them to get an even colour and texture all over the models before moving on to other colours.

Do you have any Vallejo acrylic polyurethane primer? It's designed for use with an airbrush so you have a lot more control than using a spray can.

Hm, yea repriming with an airbrush seems like a way to do this for a better consistency. I think if I do a thin enough layer, the details will still show through clean enough. 

-With red I'm starting from level zero, and color/technique so I'm happy to dump my old GW colors and invest in some new paint. Those GW pots are awful anyway. Is Vallejo the way to go, and which reds should I get? The gradient of reds on your models is very beautiful!

LutherMax

LutherMax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,601 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Thanks Orb!

One of the main advantages of Vallejo is the easy-to-use dropper bottles. There's also a huge colour choice in their Model Air range, which you can use straight through the airbrush without dilution. There's also the newer Game Air range where you can get brighter, more Fantasy orientated colours similar to GW's.

I did do a tutorial on my red if you want to do something similar (http://www.themighty...-angels-part-i/), although I ended up going fairly in depth to get it 'just right' biggrin.png

You could also just buy a few of the different Model Air / Game Air reds and do some experimentation, see what works for you.

Edited by LutherMax, Yesterday, 03:39 PM.

• Lucumon, Chaplain Gunzhard and OrbOfAntioch like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)