I suppose there is some use for a jump techmarine but I can't quite picture him as needing one.

It is a cheaper way for him to keep up with the vehicles he will be patching up than a bike. Techmarines really need to be repairing vehicles around 200 points or above to stand a chance of getting a return on their investment. You can DS him next to a Storm Raven to give it some in-flight repairs. I agree though that it is a situational build for an already-situational character.

I suppose there is some use for a jump techmarine but I can't quite picture him as needing one.

It is a cheaper way for him to keep up with the vehicles he will be patching up than a bike. Techmarines really need to be repairing vehicles around 200 points or above to stand a chance of getting a return on their investment. You can DS him next to a Storm Raven to give it some in-flight repairs. I agree though that it is a situational build for an already-situational character.

Visually that would be extremely cool. A Techmarine dropping from low orbit, aiming straight towards the Stormraven which is midflight above the battlefield, just to land on it and hotfix the engine or a wing. :D :D

Visually that would be extremely cool. A Techmarine dropping from low orbit, aiming straight towards the Stormraven which is midflight above the battlefield, just to land on it and hotfix the engine or a wing. :biggrin.::biggrin.:

That does sound really awesome.

Finally got my Sanguinor and Lemartes finished today after tracking down metal versions of both on eBay over the summer. Pretty pleased with how they turned out. I have plenty of DC for Lemartes to roll with but I cannot make up my mind how to loadout my SG. I could go with magnets but that is a lot of work for 2 squads.

gallery_82363_13858_134880.jpg

gallery_82363_13858_110554.jpg

Edited by Karhedronuk

Hi guys!

Getting back into the hobby after a year's absence. I'm taking a pause from work and will now direct all my creative energies into reviving my blood angels army project!

So, in order to direct my efforts I need to work towards an army list. I'm thinking 500-1000 points to start off with.

Do you know of any good army lists including terminators, death company and assault marines (as troop choice)? And preferably as few tanks as possible. ;)

I have browsed through the army list forum a few times, but I can't find anything appealing at first glance...

Thanks

Hi guys!

Getting back into the hobby after a year's absence. I'm taking a pause from work and will now direct all my creative energies into reviving my blood angels army project!

So, in order to direct my efforts I need to work towards an army list. I'm thinking 500-1000 points to start off with.

Do you know of any good army lists including terminators, death company and assault marines (as troop choice)? And preferably as few tanks as possible. :wink:

I have browsed through the army list forum a few times, but I can't find anything appealing at first glance...

Thanks

Terminators and DC are Elite choices, so you'll be looking at the Vanguard Detachment to avoid any Troops.

RAS are Fast Attack, so you'll be looking at the Outrider Detachment to avoid Troops.

There's nothing stopping you from mixing the above into either an Outrider or a Vanguard, just check the rulebook to get acquainted :)

However, the Index is somewhat limited at the moment resulting in not a huge amount of exploring with the above - plus people are waiting for the Codex (not anytime soon either). What do you think would work?

Currently churning out stormbolter+cow jumpvets. Up to 7, planning on making 11 (3 sgt’s and 8 normal, so I can mix and match them with my plasma vets).

Kinda want to make a bike captain with stormbolter. Lots of dakka!

Where you getting all them juicy stormbolters? Ebay bits or converting?

I really wish the indexes weren't so bland. I've been having more and more trouble drawing up the enthusiasm required to actually play recently because I've been having a really hard time finding a list that is actually fun, effective and somewhat flavorful. I posted a few days ago about doing a storm bolter company vets/Dante/Inceptor list last week and it sounds like fun to play but for now I don't have the models or the budget to pick them up.

On the plus side I've been making some good progress painting up my Primaris stuff recently. Blood Angels are my only army and I've been a little bit bored doing plain red so much of the time so I decided I was going to change my paint scheme. I'm doing dark red armor (Khorne Red over black primer), white helmets basically across the board, and black shoulders with gold trim. I have a few models that are slowly getting close to finished that I'm really happy with so far and I'm most likely going to go back and redo a lot of my older stuff as well- I have a small child and little time to paint so very few of my models are actually "done". I'll see if I can post the Intercessors I've been working on tonight if I have time.  On a related note, does anybody know of a successor chapter that uses a similar sort of color scheme?

4jhcbwi.jpg

yur2qTs.jpg

Edit: Figured out the sizing thing! Here it is.

Edited by Pendent

Currently churning out stormbolter+cow jumpvets. Up to 7, planning on making 11 (3 sgt’s and 8 normal, so I can mix and match them with my plasma vets).

I hadn’t actually used any, so I had about 4 from the tactical squad sprue, another 2 from sternguard, and a few more random ones. I need 4 more, but I ran out so I’m going to start hitting up people at my lgs

I hadn’t actually used any, so I had about 4 from the tactical squad sprue, another 2 from sternguard, and a few more random ones. I need 4 more, but I ran out so I’m going to start hitting up people at my lgs

I suppose it should be possible to but them off from terminator arms? I atleast have lots of spare stormbolter arms laying around.

I really wish the indexes weren't so bland. I've been having more and more trouble drawing up the enthusiasm required to actually play recently because I've been having a really hard time finding a list that is actually fun, effective and somewhat flavorful. I posted a few days ago about doing a storm bolter company vets/Dante/Inceptor list last week and it sounds like fun to play but for now I don't have the models or the budget to pick them up.

On the plus side I've been making some good progress painting up my Primaris stuff recently. Blood Angels are my only army and I've been a little bit bored doing plain red so much of the time so I decided I was going to change my paint scheme. I'm doing dark red armor (Khorne Red over black primer), white helmets basically across the board, and black shoulders with gold trim. I have a few models that are slowly getting close to finished that I'm really happy with so far and I'm most likely going to go back and redo a lot of my older stuff as well- I have a small child and little time to paint so very few of my models are actually "done". I'll see if I can post the Intercessors I've been working on tonight if I have time.  On a related note, does anybody know of a successor chapter that uses a similar sort of color scheme?

4jhcbwi.jpg

yur2qTs.jpg

Edit: Figured out the sizing thing! Here it is.

Hello my SA brethren :wink:

Edited by Spagunk

Thanks for your reply, Jolemai!

I realise that I urgently need to re-acquaint myself with some of the basic rules and concepts. Which edition is running currently?

I would love to build an army of mostly terminators and as few regular marines as possible. I don't require my list to be competitive, just legal ;)

Which edition is running currently?

We are now running 8th edition which was released this summer.

I would love to build an army of mostly terminators and as few regular marines as possible. I don't require my list to be competitive, just legal :wink:

This is very easy in 8th edition. It is possible to run "Vanguard Detachments" which consist of 3+ Elite units, 1-2 HQs and a other slots being optional. This means it is possible to field armies made entirely of Terminators if you wish. Probably not massively competitive but certainly perfectly legal. :smile.:

Regarding “all Terminator” armies:

I’ve played an “all Deathwing (Dark Angels)” list a few times. It’s fun, but tricky to pull off. You absolutely need to have Cyclone ML’s otherwise you’re going to be too slow to put powered fists through juicy targets.

Despite what the fluff shows, Termies are not all-powerful, all-purpose Elites. Rather, on the tabletop, they are niche Hunter units best used with specific missions in mind. TH/SS termies are some of the hardiest units in the game, but offensively they are ideal really only for taking on MC’s/big vehicles. Regular Termies are a bit weird as shooting-wise they are a bully unit go beat up GEQ, yet melee wise they can merc MEQ+ units, yer easily be swamped by GEQ.

To make an “all terminators” army work, you have to have two key things:

1) saturation

2) strong support shooting

#1 means 4+ squads. That is sort of the tipping point where there is just too much 2+ on the board for the enemy to reliably cut through in 5 Turns.

#2 means you have to have guns that can reach out and touch the enemy. 5” movement, even with deep striking, just won’t get you to the finish line. Devs, preds, Dreads with LC are good compliments. Alternatively Stormravens, Land Speeders, or ASM that can bring key weaponry to where you want it to be can also suffice.

Last night I took part in a 4 player ffa king of the hill. Marines/Marines/DeathGuard/BA. I was expecting to play doubles and packed eight dreadnoughts into a 1500 point list. They did okay in ffa, more than anything it was just fun to have that many dreads set up on the field. Between 8" movement and frag cannons they got within threat range pretty quickly, although the board was fairly tight quarters.

The DG player had a few drones with fleshmowers, man those things are nasty.

I’m really considering getting eldar as a second army. They look strong but not OP. I’be always liked the models, but was driven off by how strong they were. They seem pretty balanced now and might make a good foil to my ‘ard cc blood angels.

I'm actually considering doing the same thing myself, especially since there isn't a ton more I want to buy for my Blood Angels until we get some new releases. It would be really nice to have something with a vastly different playstyle that I can play and Eldar certainly seem to fit the bill.