Glued also 5 intercessors, seargent is still headless because he is waiting for his head in the primaris upgradesprue wich is along with my codex still in delivery #$%!

Another 5 waiting in queue to make it three squads for an battalion.

On Thursday i will have a match vs. orks @ 1500 points. Still considering what to take.

I know it is not as much effective as other choices but i want to drive out my flamerbaal. Some Death Co. in addition one quad rapier and some other stuff i´m not sure about.

I will make an small report as ususal. :)

Thinking about replacing Hellblaster with Plasma Inceptors eventually. The threat range is about the same and with average rolls you have about the same amount of shots as they do in Rapid Fire Range for less points. (3 Plasma Incinerator = average of 12 shots for 177p VS 6 Hellblaster = 12 shots at RF range for 198p)

Just with AP-3 instead of AP-4. But in return they have T5, FLY keyword and can potentially deep strike.

Okay only half the wounds as well. It's really a trade off and I'm not sure at all which one would be better lol

Edited by sfPanzer

Today I may actually try to make list without battlescribe... I can't wait any longer!!!

If you know what you want to have in your list it's actually not that hard to do by hand imo.

My list building process tends to involve a lot of juggling stuff around as I fill my points out so writing it out by had is very unappealing.

Today I may actually try to make list without battlescribe... I can't wait any longer!!!

If you know what you want to have in your list it's actually not that hard to do by hand imo.

My list building process tends to involve a lot of juggling stuff around as I fill my points out so writing it out by had is very unappealing.

That's why I write it on PC first as long as I'm still in the building process and then simply print it. :D

Mmh I just noticed how good Bolter Inceptors actually are compared to a Heavy Bolter Devastator.

25p for 2x Assault3 Heavy Bolter with half range, +1W, +1T, +1A and Jump Pack. A Heavy Bolter Devastator costs 23p. Feels almost unfair. :sweat:

There's a reason I've been talking them up every chance I get. They are 45ppm with the bolters though, FYI. This is still insanely cost effective given everything they bring to the table though.

So I plan on starting back up playing 40k regularly in January. Having sat through the codex there may be some value in reliving an old tournament list I have with 3 squads of termies and 3 squads of Death Company. I may even have enough for a bit of ranged firepower along with it. Or maybe make a full squad of shoopty termies along with two small squads of assault termies.

Mmh I just noticed how good Bolter Inceptors actually are compared to a Heavy Bolter Devastator.

25p for 2x Assault3 Heavy Bolter with half range, +1W, +1T, +1A and Jump Pack. A Heavy Bolter Devastator costs 23p. Feels almost unfair. :sweat:

There's a reason I've been talking them up every chance I get. They are 45ppm with the bolters though, FYI. This is still insanely cost effective given everything they bring to the table though.

Ah you're right, Battlescribe listed the Bolters seperately. Still pretty impressive considering that one Inceptor is basically two Devs.

So then they're trading 18" range for Assault instead of Heavy, +1T and the Jump Pack (including the increase in the Move stat and everything that comes with it) for one less point. Still superior imo lol

So I plan on starting back up playing 40k regularly in January. Having sat through the codex there may be some value in reliving an old tournament list I have with 3 squads of termies and 3 squads of Death Company. I may even have enough for a bit of ranged firepower along with it. Or maybe make a full squad of shoopty termies along with two small squads of assault termies.

You should definitely take some firepower with you. An all out assault list will rarely work against decent opponents. We're not World Eaters after all (and even those are better with some ranged support lol).

Just snapped Astorath's axe haft whilst trying to gently(!) file glue off the end I need to re-attack to the head...

*golf clap*

Good opportunity for battle damage! :happy.:

It's also a good opportunity to utter a few choice words in the direction of Finecast :/

I refuse to buy finecast. One of the reasons my options are so limited. :/

Hell even my metal astorath for his axe snapped.

Just snapped Astorath's axe haft whilst trying to gently(!) file glue off the end I need to re-attack to the head...

*golf clap*

Good opportunity for battle damage! :happy.:

It's also a good opportunity to utter a few choice words in the direction of Finecast :/

I refuse to buy finecast. One of the reasons my options are so limited. :/
Hell even my metal astorath for his axe snapped.

Likewise. Had to pin that sucka back together. The haft/neck join is super weak.

You should definitely take some firepower with you. An all out assault list will rarely work against decent opponents. We're not World Eaters after all (and even those are better with some ranged support lol).

:rolleyes: yes, I know we aren't world eaters. Jeez. :rolleyes:

The point was that I may be able to use an Angel's Blade formation that was lacking in ranged firepower to bring some balance to it and make it more effective. Since we saw a good drop in points for termies, it may make sense to revisit the list when I start playing.

Edit: It doesn't feel good but here is what I got:

Vanguard Detatchment 1

Lemartes

9x DC (on foot) 184

5x DC (JP) 141

5x DC (JP) 129

Razorback (TLAC) 114

Razorback (TLHB) 87

Rhino (2x SBolters) 74

Vanguard Detachment 2

Jump Priest (Angel's Wings) 86

Termies (AC) 222

Assault Termies (3x TH/SS, 2x LC, telehomer) 217

Assault Termies (3x TH/SS, 2x LC, telehomer) 217

Predator (TLLC, 2xLC) 204

Predator (PAC, 2xLC) 194

Comes out to 1998

I stuck them all into 2 vanguard for the extra CP. The priest is kind of a cheap toss in HQ for the detachment. Could be good to help out termies or hang out with the Jump DC. Lemartes sticks around the 2 squads of JP DC. Foot DC are in rhino. My primary assault should be the Terminators and should expect a turn 2 attack. I also have lots of vehicles for wounds and a wall if I plan on running the JP DC up the board.

Just something I am messing with. The list isn't sitting well with me but it's a re-purpose of an older 7th edition list so whatever.

Edited by Spagunk

If I park my warlord near my Hellblasters, can I use Standard of Sacrifice Relic to give them a 5+FNP is they supercharge and die? Or does this not work due to 'model is slain' rather than 'model loses x wounds'?

And I assume Standard of Sacrifice also works on the warlord himself?

*Edit did some searching and previous dicussions make it sound like SoS does work with Hellblasters. Sweet!

Hellblasters: These dudes are amazing and with our 5+++ banner are even more so.

Edited by Mcrat

Yeah the FnP like ability works when a model loses a wound. With the overcharge effect the model doesn't lose any wounds. It's simply slain.

It's still great for Hellblasters since it makes them overall more durable and lets them potentially shoot another time upon death. ;)