It would have been a cool addition if the Deathwatch helped, being a massive Xenos invasion and all. Plus, aren’t the Deathwatch commanders familiar with the Angel’s “flaw”? The could be trusted to keep a secret. Edited by Calistarius

I don't think they are familiar with it in detail. They just know there's something going on with Marines from the BA Chapter and successors and let another BA/successor member of the Deathwatch handle the situation.

I'm sure they don't have an intimate knowledge of the origin of the Thirst, but I'm sure they've seen it first hand.  There have been numerous incidents involving Blood Angels turning on allies when there are no more enemy left to kill.  Even close allies, like the Salamanders have come to blows with them because of it (​Burden of Angels ​by Nick Kyme).  

I'm not saying I think they know every detail.  I'm sure you're right, and Watch Captains let the Blood Angel's chaplains and battle brothers at the station handle it with few questions asked (I feel like I've read about this somewhere).  

I just think it would have been a cool addition, but at least we had the Sanguinor and LotD show up to the same fight.

Hrmmm something to ponder: what happens when BA Deathwatch succumb to the black rage?

There’s something mentioned I believe in the old Deathwatch RPG rulebook that’s been discontinued. I can remember! I think I’ve there are a handful of Chaplains assigned to them from the Angels and successors. It’s handled internally though, and the Watch Captains look the other way because the Blood Angels send them quality conscripts.

Hrmmm something to ponder: what happens when BA Deathwatch succumb to the black rage?

There’s something mentioned I believe in the old Deathwatch RPG rulebook that’s been discontinued. I can remember! I think I’ve there are a handful of Chaplains assigned to them from the Angels and successors. It’s handled internally though, and the Watch Captains look the other way because the Blood Angels send them quality conscripts.

Pretty much this. Also there's still Astorath roaming the galaxy so he might be nearby when it happens. ^^

Q: What constitutes a conversion?

A: Anything from a plastic kitbash to a headswap on a metal/resin miniature. Not only does it have to be an obvious change from the original miniature, it should also require some effort on your part; so (for example) adding a purity seal to a metal Scout would not count. On this, Acebaur and Jolemai have the final say

Hey y'all! Coming back to 40k after a really long absence. I got myself some scraps of somebody else's army to start with, to tide me over until I've got money rolling in to buy newer things. I used to play IG, but the new edition makes me want jump packs and chainswords, so here I am.

I painted on an old chaplain that I've converted to power sword, with a magnetized other hand so I can use him as a company champion or sanguinary priest. I also worked on bases for this guy and the captain conversion. I'll post some pics later on tonight.

Edit: Still have touch up work to do. I can’t wait to get some better brushes.

med_gallery_18562_14281_103356.jpeg??t=21769820

Edited by DeadMilkman

Welcome, DeadMilkman! If you have a love for jump packs you’ve certainly come to the right place. Our new codex is filled with ways to make that the signature of your army if you’d like. I know that’s how mine is at this point ;)

Hey y'all! Coming back to 40k after a really long absence. I got myself some scraps of somebody else's army to start with, to tide me over until I've got money rolling in to buy newer things. I used to play IG, but the new edition makes me want jump packs and chainswords, so here I am.

I painted on an old chaplain that I've converted to power sword, with a magnetized other hand so I can use him as a company champion or sanguinary priest. I also worked on bases for this guy and the captain conversion. I'll post some pics later on tonight.

Edit: Still have touch up work to do. I can’t wait to get some better brushes.

med_gallery_18562_14281_103356.jpeg??t=21769820

Base coating looks good, man, but 2 things I'd recommend;

-add a shade to your gold, agrax earthshade or seraphim sepia are both very good.

-thin your paints

Got a new phone with a way better camera and now all my pics are too big to upload here. Any suggestions?

Resize them via paint or whatever? Lots of ways lol

Alternatively if you upload them on imgur you can link a smaller thumbnail instead of the original sized picture.