Dont buy more models the wife says. I must fight the beast within brothers.

Those are magnificent, the contemptor has a little custodes dread design going on there. And this is the first i'm seeing of the chassis mounted assault cannons on a leviathan.

I’m not a Blood Angels player but these upcoming dreads and Praetors are making me seriously consider changing the fluff of my current DIY chapter project from being Ultramarines successors to Blood Angel successors instead. The models are just fantastic! Edited by Centurion Jay

Dont buy more models the wife says. I must fight the beast within brothers.

Those are magnificent, the contemptor has a little custodes dread design going on there. And this is the first i'm seeing of the chassis mounted assault cannons on a leviathan.

It's a Horus Heresy only option currently... but hey, maybe they'll update the rules with an FAQ for 40k too!

chassis mounted assault cannons

It's a Horus Heresy only option currently... but hey, maybe they'll update the rules with an FAQ for 40k too!

*waits patiently for a double ass-can double storm cannon Levi in 40k*

Don't know if it was already mentioned but on the Warhammer fest in Germany was an deredeo dread with another rocketoption and an automatic pavaise device seen. So forgeworld will bring some new bits for him out.

I heard a brief bit of information about the new missile option a month or so ago, but don't know much and there were no pictures. Do you know if it's another top mounted version or is it a new set of 'arm' weapons?

Don't know if it was already mentioned but on the Warhammer fest in Germany was an deredeo dread with another rocketoption and an automatic pavaise device seen. So forgeworld will bring some new bits for him out.

I heard a brief bit of information about the new missile option a month or so ago, but don't know much and there were no pictures. Do you know if it's another top mounted version or is it a new set of 'arm' weapons?

It is another top mounted rocketlauncher and that 5++ device.

It is another top mounted rocketlauncher and that 5++ device.

Both the Aiolos and Pavanse are top hardpoint mounted though - could this be some arm mounted missile system? Also, wasnt the pavanse released ages ago? Is this some new system?

That reminds me I have a Deredeo* in packaging just waiting for me to pull my finger out...

*and contemptor and sicaran venator

A lot of top lists are currently taking a Castellan, Blood Angels Smash Captains and some Scouts, and then Astra Militarum. Or at least a couple of Smash Captains/Mephiston. It's really just the Smash Captains that make everyone think that Blood Angels are doing really well. 

Blood angels are not doing well from what I’m reading, rather as bluejayjunior said, soup armies (my definition of soup is 3+ factions) are using blood angels captains/Mephiston as a supreme command detachment or two captains and scouts as a cheap battalion.

It’s very similar to how in 7th edition people brought blood angels allies for access to cheap drop pods. But in this case a missile in a captain.

"They only use us for our smash captains" Is pretty much where BA are at. Pure BA armies do not do well but they aren't the worst.

Personal experience is that BA lack many of the tools needed to take on everyone. There's a specific base Chaos build that highlights the deficiency of this where they have every tool for any situation (Alpha Legion trait + loads of cultists, sorcerers etc.). At least two people in my local store has them and I've lost every time I play them.

So you're going to see BA within soup armies mostly and not really in great numbers. Mind you that this is only my experience and local meta is going to vary.

Edited by Spagunk

I'm interested to see how space wolves impact the hobby. They have some insanely powerful CC models in their Arjac and murderfang. I'm guessing the hamstring will be getting those models into CC.

As for BA yeah most tournaments seem to be just taking the best things any one army offers so I'm guessing that's why people think BA are OP.

I've done well with single army BA. Basic units like devs and intercessors have proven effective in holding my board while my fast units do their work.

My alpha strike threat was melee based so that's been nerfed so I try to spread out the board and find a spot for a later strike.

Hey everyone, have blood angels been doing especially well in the tournament scene? I keep hearing all this "BA are op and better than regular marines" type stuff and I just don't get it...

Echoing what others have said. Its really just the Death Company Captain + Mephiston with guard + CP farming. 

Pure BA need to have the right retainer in the tournament setting. As for a Pure list there isn't much hope any time soon. GW hasn't answered the answer to fix soup lists yet. They really need to give an advantage to single rule lists. Like multiple detachments but all from the same army really needs some benefit that makes it sexy for people to want to play mono-builds again.