Im asking cause from what I can tell, the aggressor pads dont look like they were designed for inceptors. So if you want to make them BA specific you'd have to use the shoulder pads from the BA assault terminators box.

There also is the BA Primaris Upgrade sprue. It has at least one Gravis shoulder pad without that additional "shield" that appears on Aggressors' pads.
However even with those extended shields, Aggressors' pads would fit Inceptors.

Edited by Majkhel

Getting Blood Angels emblems from a 3rd party on shapeways and simply put it on blank shoulder pads might be an option too. I'm glad I can do that for my successor as it made building my army with ETB models much easier. ^^

Getting Blood Angels emblems from a 3rd party on shapeways and simply put it on blank shoulder pads might be an option too. I'm glad I can do that for my successor as it made building my army with ETB models much easier. ^^

Oh I didnt even know that site existed. I suppose you buy the files an you print them out yourself?

I got a stick of 50 of these for sergeants and similar. They are designed to work on pretty much any shoulder other than cataphracti

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UY6T6YJVA/blood-drop-with-trim-shoulder-icons-x50

Prepping for Urban Conquest campaign starting in a couple weeks. We have gentleman 's agreement no named characters.

It's going to be legit cool.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I've been participating in a small campaign with my buddies using the veterancy rules and it has certainly put a spin on things. Some of the bonuses are meh, but my slam cpt and sang guard are both up to rank two and have reroll charges/advances and +1 to wound against characters which is overkill and a little redundant, but still fun.

Oh I didnt even know that site existed. I suppose you buy the files an you print them out yourself?

You buy the actual item, they make them and then ship them out to you. Postage does cost a fair amount though. There is a lot on that site designed for Blood Angels. The problem I have on that site is actually finding stuff using the search bar as they obviously can't call their stuff Blood Angels.

Got a 1500 casual game against Tau, using the plasma Inceptors I've built. I was indeed pleased with their performance DBH :)

I've also used a Vindicare assassin and got the back end of his performance straight in the face. He didn't manage to kill anything, I lost 2CP trying (without effect) to re-roll his hit rolls as 1's favoured me. He did scared off a riptide whom I attempted to hit it with Blind Grenades (I rolled 1 for number of grenades and 1 for hit...).
BUT his presence did make my opponents warlord (Cadre Fireblade) skulk behind cover for the whole game and be generally useless until my scout bikers rode him off the board. Additionally he tanked a round of shooting from a Stealth suit team.

Game lasted for 5 turns and ended up with a nice friendly draw :)

gallery_66172_15319_80000.jpg

This is something I've been working on for a couple of days. It's still very much a work in progress as I'm sure you can tell, but I'm fairly pleased with how it's coming along. It's the Sergeant from the Space Marine Heroes set. I love the model and am planning to use him as a Lieutenant in my army. I'd love some feedback, but please be nice (I'm not a very good painter!). One thing I'm really not sure about is what colour to use for the strips coming down from his waist. In the original Ultramarine colours they are red, but that won't work here because the rest of the armour is red. Any suggestions?

Edited by t-dog1996

Got myself into a bind, I updated a sergeant to match the rest of the squad and now I cant remember the red recipe I had used two years ago. More specifically I cant rememeber if I did 1 or 2 coats of carroburg crimson and if I did 2 or 3 coats or bloodletter in the end. I want the model to look as much like the rest of the squad as possible. What im thinking is to paint a bit of sprue with all the above combinations and compare it to the old models. I used to have the red recipe written down but apparently I threw that notebook away like a week ago :|

Got myself into a bind, I updated a sergeant to match the rest of the squad and now I cant remember the red recipe I had used two years ago. More specifically I cant rememeber if I did 1 or 2 coats of carroburg crimson and if I did 2 or 3 coats or bloodletter in the end. I want the model to look as much like the rest of the squad as possible. What im thinking is to paint a bit of sprue with all the above combinations and compare it to the old models. I used to have the red recipe written down but apparently I threw that notebook away like a week ago :|

Start with one coat each and then compare. Then add a second coat of 1, then the other, as needed.

Always remember you can always add more, but it's a pain to cover up/make it less.

gallery_66172_15319_38007.jpggallery_66172_15319_193004.jpg

Showed a WIP of this a few days ago. Now I'm delighted to introduce the latest addition to my army, Brother-Lieutenant Radfael of the Blood Angels First Company. He'll be accompanying my Sternguard Vets into battle: they've been rolling 1s to wound with their combi-meltas a little too often for my liking. I'm not sure I did the transfer too well, but I don't usually bother with them so I'm not too experienced.

Start with one coat each and then compare. Then add a second coat of 1, then the other, as needed.

Always remember you can always add more, but it's a pain to cover up/make it less.

I did the thing with the sprue, I'll post a couple of pictures to compare. I think the initial recipe was 1x carroburg crimson 3x bloodletter. Its funny cause since then I've moved to shading my models even darker and I'll probably end up with consistency issues. Additional layers of the glaze can fix that but I'm afraid I will clog details. Glazes are much thicker than shades as I've learn (the bad way).

I did the thing with the sprue, I'll post a couple of pictures to compare. I think the initial recipe was 1x carroburg crimson 3x bloodletter. Its funny cause since then I've moved to shading my models even darker and I'll probably end up with consistency issues. Additional layers of the glaze can fix that but I'm afraid I will clog details. Glazes are much thicker than shades as I've learn (the bad way).

Lahmian medium is your friend. A 2:1 combination should be enough to be a smooth thinner consistency.

Just make sure to rewrite your recipe into a new hobby journal, and keep it in a safe location.

So this actually happened yesterday but even so...

Played my first game with a new 2000 point list against a mixed army of Guard and Dark Angels. My list basically consisted of a LR Crusader with a Terminator Librarian, a Lieutenant and 5 Sternguards inside, a Stormraven holding the Sanguinor, a Sanguinary Guard unit to protect him and a DC Dreadnought, a Jump Pack Chaplain and 10 Jump Pack Death Company in deep strike reserve, plus three scout squads. My opponent was running a number of infantry squads, some lascannon heavy weapons teams, several chimeras, 4 Leman Russ Tanks, various officers and a Dark Angels force consisting mostly of Deathwing. Only a small number of Dark Angels were on the table at the beginning because he kept the Deathwing in deep strike reserve. For simplicity's sake we used an open war mission, which had three objectives on the table. Side that held the most at the end of turn 5 won the match, whilst holding all three at once was an insta-win. 

I knew that with the speed of my army my best chance was to go for broke from the beginning and try to blitzkrieg him. I already held one of the objectives with my scouts, so I advanced with my Land Raider to claim the second with my Stormraven flying overhead. First turn shooting was excellent; I was able to clear away most of my opponent's infantry protecting his tanks with the Assault Cannons and Hurricane Bolters, whilst the Stormraven's multi-meltas and missiles took 10 wounds off his Leman Russ Demolisher, rendering it next to useless. My heavy bolter Scouts also did themselves proud; the heavy bolter took out two DA Company Veterans in cover whilst the bolter guys killed a third. Things got a bit hairy on my opponent's first turn as he kept rolling 6s for his damage rolls with his heavy weapons. Both the Stormraven and the Land Raider suffered heavy damage, the Land Raider taking 6 wounds and the Stormraven taking 12. Nonetheless, the only thing I actually lost was one of the Scout squads, which went down to my opponent's Leman Russ Punisher. I still think it's ridiculous that they can fire twice having moved at all. If it was only if they didn't move I would understand. To their credit, the Scouts actually survived the first volley, but not the second.

In any case, the game was essentially won there and then. Both my transports, although damaged, were still operational and their cargo unhurt. On my second turn, I put the Stormraven into hover mode and the troops dismounted. Meanwhile the Land Raider's passengers likewise got out. I considered bringing down my Death Company and the Chaplain at this point, but there was still enough of an infantry screen to ensure that they would not be able to make a good charge, so I decided to hold them back and use them as a decisive strike in turn three. As it turned out, they weren't needed. Between them the Stormraven and the Land Raider cleared away the remaining Guard infantry and finished off the Demolisher. The Sternguards badly damaged a standard Leman Russ with their combi weapons, whereupon it was finished off in CC by the DC Dreadnought. The Sanguinor and the Sanguinary Guards saw to his Leman Russ Vanquisher. The heart of my opponent's army had been torn out in a single deadly blow.

By now victory was in my grasp. My remaining Scouts still held one objective, the Land Raider was camped on a second with a decent number of wounds remaining, whilst the Sanguinor and his companions were in striking distance of the third that, if captured, would end the match. My opponent's remaining Guard forces, including his remaining Leman Russ, were too far away to threaten the Sanguinor's party, lacked the firepower to destroy the Land Raider and in any case would soon be threatened by my DC Dreadnought. His only remaining hope was to bring down his party of Deathwing Knights and attempt a charge on the Land Raider, which would deny me victory long enough perhaps to allow him back into the game. However, his charge failed, and to add insult to injury his Terminator Captain was even killed on overwatch by the Land Raider. My third turn arrived, my Sanguinary Guards jumped over to the third objective and that was the game. It was my first win over any kind of Guard list since 8th edition dropped.

I actually spent a long time writing the list. I wanted something that was fast with good board-control capability, and it actually did a good job on that front. I also wanted it to hit like a freight train right where it would hurt my opponent most, and it certainly worked out on that front. I was also pleased that the Death Company turned out to be redundant, as it showed that the army has another gear to go up to if necessary. Even if the game hadn't ended there and then and we'd fought to the death, my victory was no longer in doubt. Hopefully the list will continue to be successful in the future.

Congratulations on your victory t-dog!
Also nice painting there. One thing that bothers me is the fact thad blood is only on several of the chainsword's teeth. This suggests that it hit somebody while being inactive. If it was active, then the blood would be on all the teeth, right? :wink:

Edited by Majkhel

Congratulations on your victory t-dog!

Also nice painting there. One thing that bothers me is the fact thad blood is only on several of the chainsword's teeth. This suggests that it hit somebody while being inactive. If it was active, then the blood would be on all the teeth, right? ;)

Thanks! You make an excellent point regarding the chainsword. Not something I considered. I’ll see about adding more blood next time I get the chance. After all we’re Blood Angels, you can never have too much blood!