Blah, so i never realized that Gift of Foresight also allows you to rerollĀ  1's for the FNP. I've been playing without that part since the codex dropped and feel very very stupid because of it. Please tell me i'm not the only one that missed that little, beautiful part of the WL trait, Brothers.

Felt like just posting some stuff I've worked on the past couple of weeks. IDK why but just felt like I should.

gallery_40907_9492_118036.jpggallery_40907_9492_546739.jpg

You know we love seeing you work Spagunk and the weathering on there is particularly excellent :smile.:

If I may, have you something small in mind for the ETL this year?

At the rate these have been going, I don't think it will happen. Especially because nothing I have is ready for 40k: all 30k stuff at the moment which are incompatible with the spirit/rules of the ETL.

Edited by Spagunk

Might sound like a stupid question, but how exactly do I spray paint a rhino? Never done this before. Should I lay it on piece of cardboard on the ground, spray it from every angle, wait for it to dry, flip it, spray the bottom? Wont that create a seperation line on the two different applications?

Might sound like a stupid question, but how exactly do I spray paint a rhino? Never done this before. Should I lay it on piece of cardboard on the ground, spray it from every angle, wait for it to dry, flip it, spray the bottom? Wont that create a seperation line on the two different applications?

That is more or less how I do it except that I do it lightly and to top and bottom a couple of times each to avoid any lines between the different angles. Spraying is the same as brush painting in that 2 light coats are better than one thick coat.

Evening brothers! (Or whatever time of day it is when you read this)

Firstly...

Has anyone tried the new contrast paints? I'm wondering how does the new blood angels red contrast paint compare to the classic mephiston red/evil suns scarlet combo, and which base spray should i pick up to achieve the same result.

I've given them a go. They look fine and are definitely going to be useful for painting stuff fast. Honestly, however, I still prefer Mephiston Red/Evil Sunz Scarlet because although contrast is smoother (at least in my experience) the traditional method, in my opinion gives a bolder colour. I think this looks better on the tabletop.

Secondly, I give you my take on Captain Borgio of the 10th Company! My army has 30 scouts in it so he seemed an appropriate choice for the identity of my non-Slam Captain. I used the Brother Garus mini from Space Marine Heroes, swapping out the Bolt Pistol for a Relic Blade. Thoughts? (Apologies for the poor lighting by the way)

gallery_66172_15591_808890.jpeg

gallery_66172_15591_823710.jpeg

Iron halo at the very least! And definitely some purity seals to denote that he is one of the few surviving pre-DoB veterans of the Chapter.
Paint job is good :smile.:

Edited by Majkhel

I always go with Power sword on my Intercessor Sergeants.Ā ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Ā 

And yes always Rapid fire bolter unless you have a very good reason not to do it. Especially now with Bolter discipline.

For Intercessor squads, should I...

Ā 

Go fist or chainsword on the Sarge?

Go with the rapid fire bolt rifle variant?Ā 

Some crunch on our Intercessors.

I like CSs, when I'm really tight on points (extra attack with Red Thirst? Yes, please!). But I do have 2 PS modelled and usually 1 of 2 squads has one.

I like the 30ā€ AP-1 variant w/ a underslung GL and power sword sergeant.

Ā 

Often in this game, middle of the road = bad, but for me a 5man Intercessor Squad w/ the above loadout is as close as it gets to utility. They have 10W and 11A, plus a 2+ save in cover, and with 30ā€ range guns, just mildly outclass the most common 24ā€ guns enough to be useful. Donā€™t forget to lob a 30ā€ krak grenade at targets of opportunity.

Ā 

The key is to not expect miracles from them. They hold Obj really well and a power sword will plink away enemy MEQ just enough to let them do their job.

Yeah, they are solid but that's it. They don't carry you through a game by actively destroying enemy units or by being amazingly mobile or something. They are there and can take a hit while hitting better than a wet noodle.

Im looking for a gray spray can to undercoat a sanguinary priest and a couple of Librarians, I wanna avoid spraying black. Is the army painter uniform gray a good option? If im not mistaken its a bit lighter shade than mechanicus standard gray?

Halfords grey primer would probably be better.

Ā 

I use Army Painter but I am not a fan of using it as a primer unless I have to. The reason is that it dries slightly harder and more glossy than a proper primer. As a result, when I paint other colours over the top, they tend to rub off very easily, even when fully dried.

Ā 

Even careful handling during painting tends to rub off colours. For example, when I paint my BAs (for which I do use their red spray), I have to be very careful not to rub off the abbadon black from the bolters as I apply the finishing touches. Once finished I seal the whole thing with some satin lacquer so it is fine on the tabletop.

Ā 

But if you are just looking for a good, light grey primer, I would recommend Halfords.

Vallejo Surface Primer is the best spray Iā€™ve used. Itā€™s been extremely resilient, goes on smooth and has a nice Matt finish to it. Had no issues at all with paint coming off.

Ā 

They just updated their spray range to new look cans called Hobby Spray, but theyā€™ve said the black and grey are the same as the previous black and grey primers.

Ā 

Their grey is quite light.

Hope everyone is making some progress on their ETL vows (or getting your vow ready if you haven't joined)

Ā 

I'm having an issue uploading pictures if anyone can help out.

Ā 

My pics are a higher quality now that I got a new phone. I can't upload them to B&C directly anymore. I get an error saying the file is too big. My work around is to email the pics to myself where it gives me a "resize" option and I resize to "70% large" I believe. However, I'm pretty sure my pics are super bad quality and blurry on B&C now. When looking at the pics I post on mobile at least they just look really bad. Is there a better way I should be uploading my pics? Maybe linking from Imgur?

Edited by Brother Lemartes

Hope everyone is making some progress on their ETL vows (or getting your vow ready if you haven't joined)

Ā 

Ā 

My pics are a higher quality now that I got a new phone. I can't upload them to B&C directly anymore. I get an error saying the file is too big. My work around is to email the pics to myself where it gives me a "resize" option and I resize to "70% large" I believe. However, I'm pretty sure my pics are super bad quality and blurry on B&C now. When looking at the pics I post on mobile at least they just look really bad. Is there a better way I should be uploading my pics? Maybe linking from Imgur?

Ā 

I've had this problem too. You can try resizing them manually with an app like Picsart, or you can send them via something like Facebook which automatically resizes them and then upload them in the same way. There might be a camera setting which can be used but I don't really know. There's an old thread here which may be of some use.

Given how my photos look, don't take what I say as gospel!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I've had this problem too. You can try resizing them manually with an app like Picsart, or you can send them via something like Facebook which automatically resizes them and then upload them in the same way. There might be a camera setting which can be used but I don't really know. There's an old thread here which may be of some use.

Ā 

After I upload my pics from my phone to the computer I open the pictures with Microsoft paint and resize them down. It's the easiest way I've found for myself so far.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

After I upload my pics from my phone to the computer I open the pictures with Microsoft paint and resize them down. It's the easiest way I've found for myself so far.

Thank you both! Is it easy to resize images in paint? I'll mess with that later after I make some good progress tonight.

Instead of resizing them via paint you could also just upload them on imgur. There you have the choice to link the original picture, a large thumbnail, a medium thumbnail, a small thumbnail or several other options. I usually only link the large thumbnail option because the original size would be WAY too big for forums.

Ā 

EDIT: examples hidden in spoiler tags.

Ā 

Original size (already downsized by the forum software! Click on it to see the true original size):

VSI04fd.jpg

Ā 

Huge Thumbnail size:

VSI04fdh.jpg

Ā 

Large Thumbnail size:

VSI04fdl.jpg

Ā 

Medium Thumbnail size:

VSI04fdm.jpg

Ā 

Small Thumbnail size: