Hope everyone is making some progress on their ETL vows (or getting your vow ready if you haven't joined)

I'm having an issue uploading pictures if anyone can help out.

My pics are a higher quality now that I got a new phone. I can't upload them to B&C directly anymore. I get an error saying the file is too big. My work around is to email the pics to myself where it gives me a "resize" option and I resize to "70% large" I believe. However, I'm pretty sure my pics are super bad quality and blurry on B&C now. When looking at the pics I post on mobile at least they just look really bad. Is there a better way I should be uploading my pics? Maybe linking from Imgur?

What I do is take the picture on my phone, then screen shot the picture before I upload them to B&C. This takes them from around 2.5mb+ down to usually 300-500kb depending. This drastic reduction is how I'm able to upload multiple pictures at once. Maybe that will help?

Hope everyone is making some progress on their ETL vows (or getting your vow ready if you haven't joined)

I'm having an issue uploading pictures if anyone can help out.

My pics are a higher quality now that I got a new phone. I can't upload them to B&C directly anymore. I get an error saying the file is too big. My work around is to email the pics to myself where it gives me a "resize" option and I resize to "70% large" I believe. However, I'm pretty sure my pics are super bad quality and blurry on B&C now. When looking at the pics I post on mobile at least they just look really bad. Is there a better way I should be uploading my pics? Maybe linking from Imgur?

What I do is take the picture on my phone, then screen shot the picture before I upload them to B&C. This takes them from around 2.5mb+ down to usually 300-500kb depending. This drastic reduction is how I'm able to upload multiple pictures at once. Maybe that will help?

I really like this method. Thank you! 

The new Apocalypse has the same miniatures, so size is no issue :wink:

Edit: Apocalypse Datasheet for Company Veterans gives them JPs! This may increase the chances of them having it in the future as well not only as an Index option.
Also our Termies got Reaper Autocanon in addition to Assault Canon.

Edited by Majkhel

I haven’t been able to pay too much attention to the Apoc reveals. Do BA get special rules that set them apart from Codex: SM?

They didn't get around to show non-Codex Marines yet, but TSons and DG have their own rules and we know that Grey Knights are supposed to be under "other Adeptus Astartes" and finally we got our own PDF so I'd say the chances are good that we are getting our own set of special rules.

I haven't seen the tactica yet but a browse of the BA Index certainly makes Death Company look interesting.

23 Power gets you 3 wounds with jump packs and DC Weapons giving a whopping 9 attacks with SAP 5+ and SAT 7+. That is on average 6 blast markers on infantry and 5 on tanks. They also get to Ignore damage on a 6+ which is a useful bonus. Chuck in Astorath and they can reroll hits and are immune to Morale too!

I've just acquired a large number of forge world mixed tactical marines. This puts me well into company strength numbers.

Excited is a word I would use. Nothing quite as incredible as 60 boys in red and white followed by some other BA themed models.

Also, something thematical I'm thinking about doing is putting some primaris squads together that are mixed with gen 1 marines. They are integrated in the books, it feels like having gen 1 sergeants leading primaris or an off tactical marine in a squad or two would be really cool on the table top!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I've just acquired a large number of forge world mixed tactical marines. This puts me well into company strength numbers.

Excited is a word I would use. Nothing quite as incredible as 60 boys in red and white followed by some other BA themed models.

Also, something thematical I'm thinking about doing is putting some primaris squads together that are mixed with gen 1 marines. They are integrated in the books, it feels like having gen 1 sergeants leading primaris or an off tactical marine in a squad or two would be really cool on the table top!

If you intend to mix, may I suggest arming the primaris with the assault bolters? They're similar in range to normal bolters anyway so it could make fluff sense.

Final call for Blood Angels recruits during the Time of Challenge!

To be reading this you have made your way to Angel’s Fall across the rad-deserts, a process that weeds out the weakest. The hazards of the desert are many, and it takes a forum member of extraordinary skill and courage to even reach the Place of Challenge. Once there you will have vied for the 80 or so places that are available. Should you succeed you are taken up in Sky Chariots; but should you fail you are left behind either to guard the place of testing or to make your way back to your own tribe.

With places still available, time is of the essence. Make that final push for us and yourselves as the timer until our departure has begun - On the 1st July at 1700 UTC (1000 PDT, 1200 CDT, 1300 EDT, 1800 BST, 1900 CEST, (02/06) 0100 AWST, 0230 ACST 0300 AEST) the doors for the ETL VII will close forever to new participants. If you wish to join our cause, now is the time. Get off the fence, make your vow and join our reinvigorated forum as put our stamp on the ETL history books once more.

For all our English members - have fun at work tomorrow! For the barrel-chested freedom fighters who won’t be working tomorrow - happy Independence Day!

I prefer the time and a half for working the holiday. But to those off, work hard on getting models painted!

Of course, I have to paint one of my ETL Tacticals in red, white and blue. Alas, I have to work today, because of course I do. I also work at a fried chicken place (not KFC) at minimum wage, so I probably won't get bonus pay for working on the 4th, and it's going to be a busy, tiring day. However, if I get home and I feel up to it, I'm painting a red, white and blue Tactical.

Too much prep work and magnets required for this year. In fact, everything I've got left in the backlog requires a lot of prep work be it magnets, stripping, part builds, etc.

Guess I need to go shopping!