Just realised that the only thing I'll likely have for ETL VIII is five squads of Terminators :/

Funny you should say that. I am going to do a Termie Ancient and a Termie Assault Squad as part of Vow 2 (thunder hammers everywhere!)

The other two Termies left over are not very points-efficient though. Wondering whether to buy three individual bodies to bring it up to two 5-man squads plus the Ancient, instead of one 7-man squad plus the Ancient.

Beyond that though it’s a 5-man scout squad, and maybe some tacticals. Not a huge point load; also I don’t want to get too bogged down with infantry.

Will have to think carefully...

Edited to include quoted post.

Edited by Zebulon

2 leftover terminators is surely a captain conversion and a chaplain conversion?

Top Banana!

Though I have enough Captains now so maybe a Termie Librarian is a good plan.

Will investigate further :tu:

No such thing as enough captains. Off the top of my head I have about 15 already, with more to do.

Put it this way, I have sufficient for now... :)

Something which I searched for and don’t understand the answer to is what ranged weapons Termie Librarians and Chaplains can take. Codex entries say “from the Terminator Combi Weapons list” but I cannot see any such list elsewhere in the codex...

So I just gave in an bought a Lemartes (not a fan of non plastic models). The cast was fine for the most parts, no major issues apart from the hand with the crozius, the pin wouldnt fit the socket and I had to do a lot of trimming to get there, and now I have a small gap where the arm meets the shoulder. I got a couple of questions. Whats the best glue to use for resin models? I was thinking thick super glue like the one GW sells. Also how do I deal with the gap? Its small enough that Im not sure I can work green stuff in there. Do I just let the glue harden and fill the gap by itself (with baking soda maybe)? Do I green stuff around it? Can I use greenstuff as an adhesive? So many questions :O

So I just gave in an bought a Lemartes (not a fan of non plastic models). The cast was fine for the most parts, no major issues apart from the hand with the crozius, the pin wouldnt fit the socket and I had to do a lot of trimming to get there, and now I have a small gap where the arm meets the shoulder. I got a couple of questions. Whats the best glue to use for resin models? I was thinking thick super glue like the one GW sells. Also how do I deal with the gap? Its small enough that Im not sure I can work green stuff in there. Do I just let the glue harden and fill the gap by itself (with baking soda maybe)? Do I green stuff around it? Can I use greenstuff as an adhesive? So many questions :O

You can fill the gap with super glue and baking soda.

Arm sockets are the main place I tend to find bad fits with finecast. I use a normal liquid super glue to hold the two parts and then a little green stuff or milliput can fill a gap. A bit of added water can help mould them in place and then you can remove any excess once the gap is filled.

No such thing as enough captains. Off the top of my head I have about 15 already, with more to do.

Put it this way, I have sufficient for now... :)

Something which I searched for and don’t understand the answer to is what ranged weapons Termie Librarians and Chaplains can take. Codex entries say “from the Terminator Combi Weapons list” but I cannot see any such list elsewhere in the codex...

“Terminator Combi-weapons

Combi-flamer

Combi-melta

Combi-plasma

Storm bolter

Excerpt From

Codex: Blood Angels Enhanced Edition

Games Workshop

https://books.apple.com/us/book/codex-blood-angels-enhanced-edition/id1316468805

This material may be protected by copyright.

mine had a fairly rough fit as well. probably overkill but i ended up putting a paper clip pin in the joint as well as superglue as i’ve had a couple of resin bits pop off before.

Just scored the Sons of Sanguinius painting guide off eBay! I've been wanting this book for a while, I never grabbed it with the release of the 7th ed codex and when I decided I wanted it, it was d/c'd. I've been looking for it off and on regularly for the last couple of years. This morning I found a mint copy for a good price! I'm excited for multiple reasons. 176 pages of BA goodness. I only wish it had successor chapter painting tips in it other than just Flesh Tearers. Oh well! Worth it!~

Also, maybe this will help motivate me to get back to my vow at hand!

doubtful. school more important.

DBH Ooh whats this you speak of? Any good armor marking tips that could be multi purpose?

In 2017 they released a painting guide for Blood Angels. It goes in depth on how to paint the armor of each gen 1 marine type, including the Flesh Tearers. I believe it does give step-by-step instructions on how to do squad markings.

One of the highlights is it gives you a lot of history, lore, as well as gems like how to paint Alphael etc.

Just scored the Sons of Sanguinius painting guide off eBay! I've been wanting this book for a while, I never grabbed it with the release of the 7th ed codex and when I decided I wanted it, it was d/c'd. I've been looking for it off and on regularly for the last couple of years. This morning I found a mint copy for a good price! I'm excited for multiple reasons. 176 pages of BA goodness. I only wish it had successor chapter painting tips in it other than just Flesh Tearers. Oh well! Worth it!~

Also, maybe this will help motivate me to get back to my vow at hand!

doubtful. school more important.

Yea, I was working for GW when the 7th ed BA were released and I went kind of nuts. I changed my paint style to match that guide and have never looked back.