I'm re-reading a passage from the "Redeemer" by Guy Haley, and when Astorath meets two Primaris Marines, they refer to the first wave of Marines that were made after the Devastation of Baal as the "Great Blooding". Thought it is nice to know that we have a name for it.

The tiny excerpt from the story: (Spoilers-ish)

"And is Brother-Sergeant Erasmus like you, or like me?" The gravity of his question seemed to distort space around them.

"He is not a Primaris brother, my lord, if that is what you mean," said Fidelius.

"So you were deployed as a mixed squad?"

"At our captain's command," said Fidelius. He looked at his brothers. "We three were among those raised from the Great Blooding. We lack expirience. Erasmus came to teach us."

"You fought as mortals on the walls of the Arx Angelicum?"

"We did," said Fidelius.

Either it is the first wave or the actual conflict that gets the name. I can't tell tbh, both would make sense.

Edited by Klod

So in todays WarCom article about Warhammer World events they've shown the artwork of the Blood Angels Librarian once again. Let's see how long it'll take until someone thinks he has spotted a Gravis Librarian. :D

So in todays WarCom article about Warhammer World events they've shown the artwork of the Blood Angels Librarian once again. Let's see how long it'll take until someone thinks he has spotted a Gravis Librarian. :biggrin.:

I compared the drawing with the primaris librarian model and the gravis-armoured captain from DI.

I believe that the drawing shows a tacticus-armoured librarian and not a gravis one.

I may be wrong.

So in todays WarCom article about Warhammer World events they've shown the artwork of the Blood Angels Librarian once again. Let's see how long it'll take until someone thinks he has spotted a Gravis Librarian. :biggrin.:

I compared the drawing with the primaris librarian model and the gravis-armoured captain from DI.

I believe that the drawing shows a tacticus-armoured librarian and not a gravis one.

I may be wrong.

You'd be right about that. I was referring to people repeatedly trying to argue it's a Gravis Librarian despite it being 1:1 the model we can buy. ^^

Darkness in the blood fully revealed.

Will be available in it's super fancy version at the black library weekender. Comes with various little shinies including dice, metal bookmark, badge, coins, sand timer and an art print.

The art print depicts dante and mephiston in what looks like a necron place. Interesting in particular because of guys most recent book about cawl!

The fancy cover for the book itself is very interesting too,

Golden dante all resplendent and then as a mirror of him is mephiston, all dark and sinister!

The synopsis sounds interesting, "it sees Dante step into his role as Warden of Imperium Nihilus, while also trying to find a way to help the increasing number of his battle-brothere falling to the black range."

Link here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/09/black-library-weekender-books-and-more/

If this is new artwork showing dante as an old marine still, does that potentially mean we should not expect a new primaris model for Dante?

I doubt we will see him cross the rubicon during the book. If he gets a new model and crosses it. It'll be with a new codex.

If this is new artwork showing dante as an old marine still, does that potentially mean we should not expect a new primaris model for Dante?

I doubt we will see him cross the rubicon during the book. If he gets a new model and crosses it. It'll be with a new codex.

I could see it going either way. I'm not expecting it to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. 

That said, I doubt they would release a book where he becomes Primaris without following it up with his model very soon. So unless we get some big news about models/codex soon, I wouldn't expect it either. 

Totally. I may have been getting too wrapped up in "BA book 3 of psychic awakening" rumors thinking we might get primaris Dante sooner rather than later. Now I'm thinking it might be a bit longer, but really this BL release probably has zero connection to the timeframe of him getting a new model.

Will be available in it's super fancy version at the black library weekender. Comes with various little shinies including dice, metal bookmark, badge, coins, sand timer and an art print.

The art print depicts dante and mephiston in what looks like a necron place. Interesting in particular because of guys most recent book about cawl!

Golden dante all resplendent and then as a mirror of him is mephiston, all dark and sinister!

The synopsis sounds interesting, "it sees Dante step into his role as Warden of Imperium Nihilus, while also trying to find a way to help the increasing number of his battle-brothere falling to the black range."

Link here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/09/black-library-weekender-books-and-more/

That hardback looks really damned good. I also want the dice. Don't really care about the rest of the stuff in the set. :/

Edited by Aothaine

Ughhhhhh, I want that new book right now sooooooo baaaaaddd....

Edit: also the Mephiston one. Finished all the other ones recently and i'm genuinely curious about what happens next in his story.

Edited by Djangomatic82

Ughhhhhh, I want that new book right now sooooooo baaaaaddd....

Edit: also the Mephiston one. Finished all the other ones recently and i'm genuinely curious about what happens next in his story.

I haven't read those yet. I want to, but haven't seen the first one anywhere. Not that I've gone out of my way to look, but if I come across it, I'll be picking it up quickly. 

Rumours going round that one of the yearly Christmas boxes will be a Blood Angels one this year. Not much info other than it will include Sanguinary Guard. The info comes from LordValrak who is pretty reliable. Be interesting to see what else it contains and if it has any bearing on something else for us in the hopefully near future.

Link here:

Why do I want that so? I don't even need an egg timer. 

Rumours going round that one of the yearly Christmas boxes will be a Blood Angels one this year. Not much info other than it will include Sanguinary Guard. The info comes from LordValrak who is pretty reliable. Be interesting to see what else it contains and if it has any bearing on something else for us in the hopefully near future.

Curious indeed. It'll have to be something interesting. I presume it'll be Primaris flavoured, like the others. Maybe Vanguard?

Which of his videos says this?