Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
9879 replies to this topic

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,282 posts

I turned an extra karlaen into a generic Terminator ancient.

Quick leg swap on Karlaen makes him 1000 times better, in my opinion. Those legs ruin the whole thing.

gallery_58096_11797_460465.jpg

• Spyros and Majkhel like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,938 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

A new Astorath book, a new Mephiston book and a new DanteXMephiston book that has lots of impications for our chapter in general. Lots of good things to come for us. It seems we are really going to be in a special position among the Marine chapters in the future. :D 

(also the third Fabius Bile book for the heretic in me)

Cawl novel is fantastic too and I hear DI / PW are excellent too.

Oh yeah I really enjoyed the Cawl novel. Made me appreciate the character a lot more (wasn't hating on him like others but he was pretty boring before). Kinda like his DI novels changed my view on Guilliman.

• Xenith likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,168 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Yeah, the fangs on the new Astorath's book cover make any son of Russ a nice puppy in comparison :D
  • Spyros likes this

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_9630.jpggallery_62972_14467_3723.jpggallery_48988_15465_18311.png gallery_105306_14812_7522.png gallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_4261.gifgallery_105306_14812_1229.gif

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,282 posts

A new Astorath book, a new Mephiston book and a new DanteXMephiston book that has lots of impications for our chapter in general. Lots of good things to come for us. It seems we are really going to be in a special position among the Marine chapters in the future. biggrin.png

Indeed, a series of hype-inducing novel releases often precede a new codex - hopefully something incorporating Callistarius 3.0.

Edited by Xenith, Yesterday, 06:55 PM.

• Charlo likes this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,435 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Got a game in today, first one in months. 2241pts...random, but it was a lazy i-want-to-use-models-I-painted-in-the-ETL-and-am-out-of-the-house-for-the-first-time-since-having-a-kid kind of scenario.

brought roughly:

Hidden Content

I went up against a good friend who wanted to test out Black Legion which he is assembling, so humorously he actually proxied using my Iron Warriors army. In typical fashion, all my IW models that never roll well when I use them of course decided to perform...

Hidden Content

we did Relic mission with it dead center of the board and DoW deployment to keep it simple since I had a clock before getting back for diaper duty. 

turned out to be an incredibly close game where I had the 5 tacticals trying to escape w the Relic away from Abaddon bearing down on them, 3x Intercessors wrapped up in an endless combat w his last Rhino, and he had Abaddon, the Rhino, and a lone terminator left at the end of T5 when he rolled a 3 to see if the game continued. He got Slay, but I had the Relic at the end and with Troops...so tie?

Good game to get the rust out. I made a bunch of mistakes, being aggressive at the wrong moments and too cautious at the wrong moments (especially my first turn). I thought to use Vengeance for Sanguinius too late, which would have had me wipe a bunch of his characters when I WoF+DoA’d Captain Blender into his 3 buffing characters. 8A on the charge (4+1 for twin LC +1 DC +1 Shock Assault +1 Red Rampage) re-rolling all to hit and to wound should have down more, but I spread the attacks out weird. If I ten that exploding 4’s from VfS, I might have run away with the game.

First time using VV in a long time and my theory of keeping them cheap with SS to tie up scary things was proven (if I may say so, myself) since a single squad kept his CQW Contemptor locked up in melee for 3x turns while the Sgt pounded away w/ his TH. Maybe could have killed him sooner, but kept forgetting to shoot inferno pistol in melee...but when i did remember, it shaved off 6 wounds “for free.” Why I like burying TH and inferno pistols in many units. 

I would have LOVED to take a shot at Abaddon, but at that point in the game I was out of CP and stuck  in a situation where I had to dogpile his termie bomb to not get shot off the board next turn, which of course allowed Abaddon the perfect opportunity to multi-charge almost my whole army. Speaking of which, with Drachynen and DTtFE going off on 5’s, re-rolling everything, Abaddon got 20+ attacks the turn he charged in. My Smash Capt, a VV, and the 2x DC models left sold their lives to that :cuss -er so the Tacticals could advance away with the a Relic. 

Vengeance WILL be had...

• Dolchiate Remembrancer, Xenith and Majkhel like this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels Chapter, Blood Angels Legion, Blood Angels Inspirational, Blood Angels Successors

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)