A new Astorath book, a new Mephiston book and a new DanteXMephiston book that has lots of impications for our chapter in general. Lots of good things to come for us. It seems we are really going to be in a special position among the Marine chapters in the future. :D 

(also the third Fabius Bile book for the heretic in me)

Cawl novel is fantastic too and I hear DI / PW are excellent too.

Oh yeah I really enjoyed the Cawl novel. Made me appreciate the character a lot more (wasn't hating on him like others but he was pretty boring before). Kinda like his DI novels changed my view on Guilliman.

A new Astorath book, a new Mephiston book and a new DanteXMephiston book that has lots of impications for our chapter in general. Lots of good things to come for us. It seems we are really going to be in a special position among the Marine chapters in the future. :biggrin.:

Indeed, a series of hype-inducing novel releases often precede a new codex - hopefully something incorporating Callistarius 3.0.

Edited by Xenith

Got a game in today, first one in months. 2241pts...random, but it was a lazy i-want-to-use-models-I-painted-in-the-ETL-and-am-out-of-the-house-for-the-first-time-since-having-a-kid kind of scenario.

brought roughly:

Hidden Content

Capt Smash

Capt Blender (2xLC)

Astorath

Lemartes

Librarian Dreadnought w/ meltagun

Chaplain Ven Dread w/ TL Lascannon

4x5 Intercessors w/ bolt rifles, gl, power sword

1x5 Intercessor w/ bolt rifles, power fist

1x5 Tactical Marines

DC Dread w/ Blood Talons, melta gun, storm bolter

Dreadnought w/ 2x TL auto cannons 

15x DC w/ jump, 2x power fist, 2x power swords, rest chain swords, all bolters

5x DC w/ jump, 1x TH, 1x power fist, 1 power sword, 2x chain swords all but TH w blters

2x5 VV w/ jump, TH+inferno pistol Sgts, 3x SS + chain swords, 1 x dual chain swords 

I went up against a good friend who wanted to test out Black Legion which he is assembling, so humorously he actually proxied using my Iron Warriors army. In typical fashion, all my IW models that never roll well when I use them of course decided to perform...

Hidden Content

Daemon Prince w/ wings, talons, smite, warptime 

Chaos Lord w/ jump, chainaxe, Combi bolter

Sorcerer w/ jump, force axe, combi-bolter

Dark Apostle w/ maul, Combi-bolter

Abaddon 

3x10 Chaos Space Marines w/ bolters and power fist on Sgt

10x Chaos Terminators w/ Combi-bolters, chainaxes, Mark of Khorne, Icon of Khorne

Hellforged Contemptor Dread w/ 2x CCW and Combi bolters

2x5 Havocs w/ 4x lascannons

Hellforged Leviathan w/ dual butcher cannon arrays

we did Relic mission with it dead center of the board and DoW deployment to keep it simple since I had a clock before getting back for diaper duty. 

turned out to be an incredibly close game where I had the 5 tacticals trying to escape w the Relic away from Abaddon bearing down on them, 3x Intercessors wrapped up in an endless combat w his last Rhino, and he had Abaddon, the Rhino, and a lone terminator left at the end of T5 when he rolled a 3 to see if the game continued. He got Slay, but I had the Relic at the end and with Troops...so tie?

Good game to get the rust out. I made a bunch of mistakes, being aggressive at the wrong moments and too cautious at the wrong moments (especially my first turn). I thought to use Vengeance for Sanguinius too late, which would have had me wipe a bunch of his characters when I WoF+DoA’d Captain Blender into his 3 buffing characters. 8A on the charge (4+1 for twin LC +1 DC +1 Shock Assault +1 Red Rampage) re-rolling all to hit and to wound should have down more, but I spread the attacks out weird. If I ten that exploding 4’s from VfS, I might have run away with the game.

First time using VV in a long time and my theory of keeping them cheap with SS to tie up scary things was proven (if I may say so, myself) since a single squad kept his CQW Contemptor locked up in melee for 3x turns while the Sgt pounded away w/ his TH. Maybe could have killed him sooner, but kept forgetting to shoot inferno pistol in melee...but when i did remember, it shaved off 6 wounds “for free.” Why I like burying TH and inferno pistols in many units. 

I would have LOVED to take a shot at Abaddon, but at that point in the game I was out of CP and stuck  in a situation where I had to dogpile his termie bomb to not get shot off the board next turn, which of course allowed Abaddon the perfect opportunity to multi-charge almost my whole army. Speaking of which, with Drachynen and DTtFE going off on 5’s, re-rolling everything, Abaddon got 20+ attacks the turn he charged in. My Smash Capt, a VV, and the 2x DC models left sold their lives to that :cuss -er so the Tacticals could advance away with the a Relic. 

Vengeance WILL be had...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/20/the-next-stages-of-the-horus-heresyfw-homepage-post-1/

There's a preview of the new Angel's Tears models for Horus Heresy up:

443d1aef.jpg

d0019046.jpg

The Angel’s Tears are the Blood Angels’ equivalent of Destroyer squads from other Space Marines Legions. Equipped with jump packs and armed with weapons designed to annihilate their enemies, they are true Angels of Death. Whether they are armed with volkite serpenta or Angel’s Tears grenade launchers, their arrival heralds total destruction.

How do I say this without coming off like an arrogant :cuss?

My take on the Angel’s Tears is better. 

(photo proof soon)

The unique iconography is baller, and I think it’s only the second kit ever (after Moritat) to have Volkite serpentas. Reselling those bits will pay the mortgage. Those helms....they’re a neat bit but just seem so out of place. Just feel weird. Would look alright on almost any other legion I feel.

My take on the Angel’s Tears is better. 

(photo proof soon)

I too don't plan on changing my current 5; with these guys being added in. I think my version is definitely is much more elegant in comparison to the official sculpts.

That said, I still like the official sculpts.

The armor is OK, the icons are OK. The helmets... I would remove those horn-like studs - too chaotic. They would still make lovely Night Lords or Noise Marines :P

Grenade Launcher is funny. It's needlessly big. I understand they wanted to make a 2-haned weapon, but still.

Do you guys think the Gravis Captain in this art is an actual model that has not been released yet, for some reason?

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/BA-Primaris-Art.jpg

Edited by Klod

i made my own (minus the fur cloak because it just looked weird on an actual model with how gravis backpacks work.)

Do you have a picture of that model?

Despite having given in to the primaris hype, I’ve not come around liking Gravis units. They’re very slow, can’t ride Transports and terminators are more deadly in close combat.

Not liking the Aggressor cheese, either :D

Despite having given in to the primaris hype, I’ve not come around liking Gravis units. They’re very slow, can’t ride Transports and terminators are more deadly in close combat.

Not liking the Aggressor cheese, either :biggrin.:

I'm somewhat confused.

Where do you see Gravis units as slow? Aggressors are faster than other footslogging units since they can advance&shoot without problems and Inceptors have 10" and FLY and deep strike. Other than those we only have the Gravis Captain which just hangs around with the others so he doesn't have to be faster than the rest anyway.

Also they Gravis can use Repulsors.

Which Gravis units do you talk of when saying they are less deadly in close combat than Terminators that are not Aggressors? Inceptors? Well d'uh, they are a shooty unit after all.

Not liking the Aggressor cheese, either :D

I'm somewhat confused.

Where do you see Gravis units as slow? Aggressors are faster than other footslogging units since they can advance&shoot without problems and Inceptors have 10" and FLY and deep strike. Other than those we only have the Gravis Captain which just hangs around with the others so he doesn't have to be faster than the rest anyway.

Also they Gravis can use Repulsors.

Which Gravis units do you talk of when saying they are less deadly in close combat than Terminators that are not Aggressors? Inceptors? Well d'uh, they are a shooty unit after all.

You named them, and I don’t compare them to other footslogging units, but JP units because they’d be replacing those units in my list.

And yeah, obviously I’m talking about aggressors.

It’s also a model issue. Don’t like gravis armour aesthetically.

i made my own (minus the fur cloak because it just looked weird on an actual model with how gravis backpacks work.)

Do you have a picture of that model?

Not liking the Aggressor cheese, either :biggrin.:

med_gallery_14877_13354_277825.jpg

med_gallery_14877_13354_89079.jpg

I didn't have him holding the demon head as at the time there wasn't a nice arm for it (marneus' would work)