https://www.warhammer-community.com/legends/#

Hey guys looks like Warhammer Legends is up. They've given our Coy Vets, Sang Noviate, et al access to jump packs. I believe Legends is around for the duration, so feel free to model your guys with jump packs now that the future is a little more certain.

Except they are only considered tournament legal if the TO deems so.

So the same as every other rule in the game? :wink:

GW has said that they are specifically not recommended for competitive events. I can't see a lot of events allowing them if they aren't recommended. It will completely depend on the TOs and local area though. 

What's the maths with 6 power fists instead of 3 hammers?

6 Fists cost 45 points so there's a 3 point saving right there.

Basically you get twice as many attacks but they will average 2 damage per hit instead of 3. Against large targets, the Fists give a 33% increase in damage. Against MEQs and similar, the Fists are fully TWICE as effective as the Hammers.

Against 2 or 3 wound infantry, the Hammers have a slight advantage in that every wound will kill and you don't have to worry about your opponent allocating wounds to try and waste damage. However that is such an edge case that I would take Fists every time.

Also, Fist DC can take bolters as well for a bit of extra firepower but Hammer DC cannot take shooting weapons.

In short, all Fists, all the time. The only place it is worth putting Hammers now IMHO is where you want to maximimse the damage output from a limited number of attacks such as Captain Smash. For squads such as DC or VanVets, fists just give more bang for your buck.

Another reason I like bolters on my jump,DC is that they can fall back and shoot. T1, charge in, T2 falll back and shoot and penetrate way deeper into his lines to setup T3 charge into the soft underbelly...and if they get shot to ribbons they till did their job since they pulled fire from the rest of your army. 

Basically you get twice as many attacks but they will average 2 damage per hit instead of 3. Against large targets, the Fists give a 33% increase in damage. Against MEQs and similar, the Fists are fully TWICE as effective as the Hammers.

Against 2 or 3 wound infantry, the Hammers have a slight advantage in that every wound will kill and you don't have to worry about your opponent allocating wounds to try and waste damage. However that is such an edge case that I would take Fists every time.

Also, Fist DC can take bolters as well for a bit of extra firepower but Hammer DC cannot take shooting weapons.

In short, all Fists, all the time. The only place it is worth putting Hammers now IMHO is where you want to maximimse the damage output from a limited number of attacks such as Captain Smash. For squads such as DC or VanVets, fists just give more bang for your buck.

Another reason I like bolters on my jump,DC is that they can fall back and shoot. T1, charge in, T2 falll back and shoot and penetrate way deeper into his lines to setup T3 charge into the soft underbelly...and if they get shot to ribbons they till did their job since they pulled fire from the rest of your army.

Unsure if I'd ever willingly disengage my DC from combat. Usually my opponent falls back and shoots them, meaning I can jump and charge if they survive.

Unsure if I'd ever willingly disengage my DC from combat. Usually my opponent falls back and shoots them, meaning I can jump and charge if they survive.

If the opponent falls back and they survive the following shooting and charge phase you could still shoot something and charge though. :P 

If the opponent falls back and they survive the following shooting and charge phase you could still shoot something and charge though. :tongue.:

Right.

A common scenario in my meta is for me to wipe a unit with DC, then pile into another or wrap a Rhino. My opponent then sends a Contemptor (very popular at my club) into the DC and kills a few. I then jump out of combat, exposing both vehicles to my fire and also then dumping DC bolter fire into a soft target. 

It gives an option, with the choice to stay stuck-in should the scenario be favorable or jump,out, if the scenario is unfavorable. 

Does anyone know what the difference is between the $34.99 digital version on iBooks and the $37.99 digital version on warhammrr digital?

i get stuff digital these days since I like having it accessible from anywhere and mot importantly, I like the hyperlinks for looking stuff up. 

Is war hammer digital just trying to get a few more bucks for the same thing?

Does anyone know what the difference is between the $34.99 digital version on iBooks and the $37.99 digital version on warhammrr digital?

i get stuff digital these days since I like having it accessible from anywhere and mot importantly, I like the hyperlinks for looking stuff up. 

Is either an enhanced edition? There's a difference between the iPod and epub versions, one is more interactive, jumps to rules, etc, while the other doesnt. if its the same version, then the GW site is just more expensive?

Is either an enhanced edition? There's a difference between the iPod and epub versions, one is more interactive, jumps to rules, etc, while the other doesnt. if its the same version, then the GW site is just more expensive?

I ended up getting it from iBooks for consistency sake and it has hyperlinks in the table of contents, but nowhere else it seems (not that there’s really that much to hyperlink).

Also, I’m probably just an idiot for not catching this before, but Blood of Baal has all the same exact points values for BA as Chapter Approved 2019. Don’t be a sucker like me and buy both (unless you want to of course, and you would still need CA for Forgeworld).

Had a fun little painting date via skype with a couple or friends yesterday. Started shading some veteran intercessor helmets and built mephiston.

Turns out mephiston doesnt go together half as neatly or easily we expected. Legitimately the hardest plastic model I have ever made lol.

Just me? Was I having an off day?

Had a fun little painting date via skype with a couple or friends yesterday. Started shading some veteran intercessor helmets and built mephiston.

Turns out mephiston doesnt go together half as neatly or easily we expected. Legitimately the hardest plastic model I have ever made lol.

I've heard that from several other people as well already. Especially one of the legs and the multi-part robe seems to be a problem.

I've heard that from several other people as well already. Especially one of the legs and the multi-part robe seems to be a problem.

I did it, the advice i have, is: There will be gaps, even in the 3d image for the instructions there are a few gaps. So you'll need ot fill holes - do that before continuing to the next step. I've been trying to clean things up this morning and its not fun. Model looks great. But I don't like how it goes together. The face wiping hand also doesn't go in particularly obviously either. The book doesn't have an obvious place to sit, so if you stick it before doing the cloak on the back and the pipe on the front - it won't all fit together.

Just one of those models that requires a lot of planning, and a bit of cleanup and filling as you go. But definitely the first plastic model i've ever found legitimately annoying to build.

Bummer that Mephy seems to be a PITA to assemble. A couple of questions regarding the model, firstly are there any parts that are clearly visible when assembled that you can't reach with a brush, and secondly are there any stupid locator bits on his right shoulder pad that would stop me from using the bit for a chaplain kitbash if I manage to locate the bit separately online somewhere?

Bummer that Mephy seems to be a PITA to assemble. A couple of questions regarding the model, firstly are there any parts that are clearly visible when assembled that you can't reach with a brush, and secondly are there any stupid locator bits on his right shoulder pad that would stop me from using the bit for a chaplain kitbash if I manage to locate the bit separately online somewhere?

Pad will be fine.

The model will be a bit fiddly to paint fully built but far from impossible. I think the little strap with syringes on would be a good candidate to add post build. And I'd paint the head separately too (I always do anyway)

Not necessarily a BA question, but perhaps somebody here would know. If I add an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with the Exotic Lore WLT, is that ability subject to Tactical restraint as well? It literally says each time you roll a 5+, you gain a command point... that would be potentially very strong, right?

Command points refunded by Warlord Traits, Psychic Powers, or Relics are cumulatively capped at one per round. Stratagems that return command points are not included in that though, so you could gain one from the aforementioned methods but still use the Inquisition stratagem to gain D3 if a character is killed within 3" of the Inquisitor.

Had a friendly 1500 pt ITC game last night against Raven Guard.  It was the first game I've played with the new rules and they were pretty fantastic.  After round 2 I had lost all of my Death Company and felt like I was running out of steam.  Then round three hit and with the Assault Doctrine and Savage Echoes it felt like my foot slammed back down on the pedal.  We called it after that round.  I had a group of Assault Terminators supported by three characters and with the new +1 to charge the entire group made it into combat from deepstrike except for a single character.  I also had a Chaplain with the DC and that 6" pile-in and consolidate from Canticle of Hate is serious business.  The downside is I got super greedy with it and way over extended, to my detriment.  Lesson learned.  The new Duty Eternal stratagem saved my Librarian Dreadnought from a Stormhawk Interceptor who got into position to assassinate it, taking advantage of the Fly keyword from Wings.

A heads-up, Battlescribe got updated, however there are still a few issues as far as I can see. Thunderhammer and Hand flamer options are missing for Intercessor Sergeants, no Honoured of Baal option for successors and the following things still have their old point costs:

Assault bolters
Boltstorm gauntlet
Flamestorm cannon
Grav-cannon
Grav-gun still
Inferno pistol
Special issue boltgun
Typhoon missile launcher
Dreadnought combat weapon
Lightning Claw
Combat shield

Had a friendly 1500 pt ITC game last night against Raven Guard.  It was the first game I've played with the new rules and they were pretty fantastic.  After round 2 I had lost all of my Death Company and felt like I was running out of steam.  Then round three hit and with the Assault Doctrine and Savage Echoes it felt like my foot slammed back down on the pedal.  

Loving this. One comment I always had about my BA armies was that while I tend to run a typical battle company formation (mix of tacs, assault and devs), they hit you in waves of threats. Anything that makes battle line troops decent in combat is a win in my book. Having 21 attacks at AP-1 from 5 intercessors in turn 3 after my main killy dudes have maybe been killed is great. 

Edited by Xenith

Had a friendly 1500 pt ITC game last night against Raven Guard. It was the first game I've played with the new rules and they were pretty fantastic. After round 2 I had lost all of my Death Company and felt like I was running out of steam. Then round three hit and with the Assault Doctrine and Savage Echoes it felt like my foot slammed back down on the pedal.

Loving this. One comment I always had about my BA armies was that while I tend to run a typical battle company formation (mix of tacs, assault and devs), they hit you in waves of threats. Anything that makes battle line troops decent in combat is a win in my book. Having 21 attacks at AP-1 from 5 intercessors in turn 3 after my main killy dudes have maybe been killed is great.

I'm just happy I can revisit my three tiers army again.