A heads-up, Battlescribe got updated, however there are still a few issues as far as I can see. Thunderhammer and Hand flamer options are missing for Intercessor Sergeants, no Honoured of Baal option for successors and the following things still have their old point costs:

Assault bolters

Boltstorm gauntlet

Flamestorm cannon

Grav-cannon

Grav-gun still

Inferno pistol

Special issue boltgun

Typhoon missile launcher

Dreadnought combat weapon

Lightning Claw

Combat shield

FYI Battlescribe got updated again but there are still issues with the BA file:

• DC Intercessors are costed at 17ppm instead of 18ppm
  • The "melee weapon replaces bolt rifle" option doesn't work properly (throws an error and doesn't calculate the bolt rifles for the unit correctly)

I didn't check everything though, only the things I need for my match this saturday, so there's possibly more. I think they got everything else though.

Had a friendly 1500 pt ITC game last night against Raven Guard. It was the first game I've played with the new rules and they were pretty fantastic. After round 2 I had lost all of my Death Company and felt like I was running out of steam. Then round three hit and with the Assault Doctrine and Savage Echoes it felt like my foot slammed back down on the pedal.

Loving this. One comment I always had about my BA armies was that while I tend to run a typical battle company formation (mix of tacs, assault and devs), they hit you in waves of threats. Anything that makes battle line troops decent in combat is a win in my book. Having 21 attacks at AP-1 from 5 intercessors in turn 3 after my main killy dudes have maybe been killed is great.

Yeah I'm reallllly liking this aspect of BA. It's super fluffy and seems deceptively strong.

Pile on enough buffs and even Tacs are scary.

Same problems as always today. Can't come up with a list that I'm happy with. :down:

Why not?

I can't wait to give my brigade a shot on Friday!

Against your usual EC opponent? Let us know how it goes so we can advise if needed :)

Same problems as always today. Can't come up with a list that I'm happy with. :down:

Why not?

I can't wait to give my brigade a shot on Friday!

Against your usual EC opponent? Let us know how it goes so we can advise if needed :)
Yes Reclusiarch!

We are both testing out the new rules with total knowledge that there wont be a model left on the field by the end of turn 2

Edited by Dolchiate Remembrancer

Obviously I'd prefer all new builds to wait for the ETL or even Feb/March ;) but should anyone need to build anything from their Sanguinala haul, give this a go:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/360331-the-boxing-day-bash-2019/?do=findComment&comment=5440678

Had a great 1k league game vs a common opponent of mine.

Won the roll-off to go first, and killed about 40 out of 60 guardsmen, and killed the Hammer tank commander with a squad of forlorn furied DC.

And the game still went to turn 6, and I was almost tabled.

But won 25/17.

Had a great 1k league game vs a common opponent of mine.

Won the roll-off to go first, and killed about 40 out of 60 guardsmen, and killed the Hammer tank commander with a squad of forlorn furied DC.

And the game still went to turn 6, and I was almost tabled.

But won 25/17.

Sounds like a slaughter

Real excited to play my first game with BA in quite awhile. I'll get to use more Primaris elements than ever before, and combined with the new BoB rules I think it will be effective. Running a Brigade with two sets of the Shadowspear marines, (minus duplicate hq's and the librarian altogether), along with cptn smash, Intercessors, SG, Terminators, Inceptors, and a devestator squad

I'll be playing two games this weekend with three friends - one of them playing the chaos side of the two Shadowspear sets, one playing Eldar, and the last with GK. First games opponent is random, then the winners play the winners, and losers likewise. Will report back with how it goes!

Real excited to play my first game with BA in quite awhile. I'll get to use more Primaris elements than ever before, and combined with the new BoB rules I think it will be effective. Running a Brigade with two sets of the Shadowspear marines, (minus duplicate hq's and the librarian altogether), along with cptn smash, Intercessors, SG, Terminators, Inceptors, and a devestator squad

I'll be playing two games this weekend with three friends - one of them playing the chaos side of the two Shadowspear sets, one playing Eldar, and the last with GK. First games opponent is random, then the winners play the winners, and losers likewise. Will report back with how it goes!

Please do!

As for me:

Wasnt able to get the game I wanted to yesterday but did run 2 demos and introduced 3 people to the game.

Plus talked with 3 others about starting a 40k gaming group at our LGS.

Overall a good night topped off with free pizza!

Edited by Dolchiate Remembrancer

been finding bits of time to paint my mephiston. got a long way to go but enjoying painting him all the same. Will get some pictures when he's just a little further along!

Building the last two veteran intercessors I wanted as well.

Well it was a lot of fun.  As others have echoed these changes to BA make them play a lot more how I have always wanted them to.  

First match I was up against Chaos Space marines of various stripes - one Red Corsairs Battalion, one Alpha Legion Battalion, plus Mortarion.  It was pretty much chaos space marines, plus two venomcrawlers and a group of 30 cultists.  Mission was Narrow the Search - whoever has more models within a decreasing range of the center of the table.  No invuln within 12".  

Game was pretty straightforward - I seized, dealt a decent blow first turn, and he was never able to put Mortarion to enough use while I mopped up his troops with my superior troops.  Ended the game with a sizeable kill lead and uncontested victory points.  He put the list together last minute so wasn't the toughest matchup, but it was amazing to see how much use +1 adv and charge is, along with the extra attacks.  I nearly killed one of his space marine HQ's turn 3 on the charge with just 3 infiltrators, something that never would have happened before.

Second match was against the GK list, even though he lost a very close game against the Eldar player.  We played a fairly basic eternal war mission - six objectives around the board you get VP's for holding every turn.  He had a single Battalion with an interesting strategy - the only things that deployed was a group of 8 Paladins and a LR Crusader with 3x5 Purifiers and Castellan Crowe.  Turn 1 he used Gateway of Infinity to deepstrike the LR with everyone inside.  I got some below average rolls and wasn't able to kill it despite the combined shooting of my army and melee from Cptn smash and 4 SG.  I tried to wrap the tank but next turn he was still able to get out two Purifier squads who vaped the cptn with two d6 smites, he also used gateway to deepstrike his existing paladin squad, then deepstruck Drago, two GMNDKs, and a terminator with a better smite banner.  Things went a little south, I didn't have a lot of heavy firepower into his durable elites and he had a lot of smites.  Despite this my infiltrators held almost all the objectives until Turn 3 when we had to end the game due to time constraints.  I was up 10-0 in VP, though my forces were quickly dwindling.  It's hard to know how it would have ended, but I don't think he would have gained the VP lead and I think I could have regrouped enough to survive the game.  

The games were a lot of fun, looking forward to other games where I get to try out Mephiston and DC.  

Well it was a lot of fun. As others have echoed these changes to BA make them play a lot more how I have always wanted them to.

First match I was up against Chaos Space marines of various stripes - one Red Corsairs Battalion, one Alpha Legion Battalion, plus Mortarion. It was pretty much chaos space marines, plus two venomcrawlers and a group of 30 cultists. Mission was Narrow the Search - whoever has more models within a decreasing range of the center of the table. No invuln within 12".

Game was pretty straightforward - I seized, dealt a decent blow first turn, and he was never able to put Mortarion to enough use while I mopped up his troops with my superior troops. Ended the game with a sizeable kill lead and uncontested victory points. He put the list together last minute so wasn't the toughest matchup, but it was amazing to see how much use +1 adv and charge is, along with the extra attacks. I nearly killed one of his space marine HQ's turn 3 on the charge with just 3 infiltrators, something that never would have happened before.

Second match was against the GK list, even though he lost a very close game against the Eldar player. We played a fairly basic eternal war mission - six objectives around the board you get VP's for holding every turn. He had a single Battalion with an interesting strategy - the only things that deployed was a group of 8 Paladins and a LR Crusader with 3x5 Purifiers and Castellan Crowe. Turn 1 he used Gateway of Infinity to deepstrike the LR with everyone inside. I got some below average rolls and wasn't able to kill it despite the combined shooting of my army and melee from Cptn smash and 4 SG. I tried to wrap the tank but next turn he was still able to get out two Purifier squads who vaped the cptn with two d6 smites, he also used gateway to deepstrike his existing paladin squad, then deepstruck Drago, two GMNDKs, and a terminator with a better smite banner. Things went a little south, I didn't have a lot of heavy firepower into his durable elites and he had a lot of smites. Despite this my infiltrators held almost all the objectives until Turn 3 when we had to end the game due to time constraints. I was up 10-0 in VP, though my forces were quickly dwindling. It's hard to know how it would have ended, but I don't think he would have gained the VP lead and I think I could have regrouped enough to survive the game.

The games were a lot of fun, looking forward to other games where I get to try out Mephiston and DC.

What was your list?

My bad, should've listed that.  Mentioned it in passing in my initial comment, but here it is much more detailed.  The basis of it is two shadowspear vanguard boxes.  All squads are minimum size unless otherwise marked.  I was pretty happy with the list, I think the phobos captain with quake bolts is pretty good, unfortunately I forgot to use them at all game one, and game two the only time I tried to apply it I rolled a 1 into a 1 and missed the target.  The terminators failed their charge so didn't matter anyways, but I was hoping to combo it with the +1 to hit terminator stratagem for TH hitting on 2's.  Maybe next time.  If I bring terminators, which I probably won't as they did nothing either game.

Brigade

HQ

Captain Smash (sudo warlord with warlord trait and relic)

Phobos Captain (Warlord, Princeps of Deceit, Quake Bolts)

Phobos Lieutenant

Troops

Infiltrator Squad

Infiltrator Squad

Infiltrator Squad

Infiltrator Squad

Intercessor Squad with Bolt Rifle and a Power Sword

Intercessor Squad with Bolt Rifle and a Power Sword

Elites

Sanguinary Ancient with SoS banner

Sanguinary Guard with axes

Terminator Assault Squad, TH + SS

Fast Attack

Inceptor Squad

Supressor Squad

Supressor Squad

Heavy Support

Eliminator Squad with two las-fusil, Srgnt with Instigator Bolt Carbine

Eliminator Squad with two las-fusil, Srgnt with Instigator Bolt Carbine

Devastator Squad, two lascannon, heavy bolter, two extra marines

Finally got my Mephy! Also still working on Infiltrators and managed to pre-build a Primaris Librarian. He will be my test model before Mephiston. Time for hobby has been scarce, ho-ho-ho :tongue.:

Also got my Mephiston yesterday, got to say I had a bit of trouble building him. There is a book you have to glue seperately for no reason that can scew the whole model. I had gaps left and right that I had to fill with green stuff. Add a couple of glue stains and you have a couple of days working on a single model. Be carefull of those syringes, they are very fragile, basically never touch the needle parts.