Just got home from the game against the vile Hive fleet Leviathan. One of the most entertaining and balanced games I’ve had against this opponent, since neither list was heavily skewed towards an alpha-strike. We played for 6 hours, and the end result was very, very close.

Doctrines are such a blessing for BA, and Savage Echoes can catch an opponent off guard I’m sure.

Great game, I’ll rustle up some pictures and a bat rep in the next couple of days!

Got a 2000pts friendly game Yesterday against Ultramarines Primaris 'walking castle Hauru'. He had Guilliman with Chief Apothecary, Calgar, a blob of 6 Aggressors, Executioner Impulsor, some Hellblasters, Intercessors with Auto Bolt rifles, single Eliminators with las fusils, Redemptor dread and some supporting Lieutenant and Ancient.

I brought Astorath, Smash Captain (Angel's Wing), Libby Dread, Phobos Libby, Ancient (Warlord, SoS), Mephiston (legends) in a pod with 4 CompVets and MSU Tac squad with Grav canon, 2 x Intercessors (bolt rifles), 2x scouts, MSU Incursors with mine, 2x Eliminators (snipers), 6-man DC (2 fists, 1 Inferno pistol, bolters/CSs), Invictor suit, Plasma Inceptors, Whirlwind.

In retrospect I was lacking long range AT.

We only played 3 turns over almost 6 hours. I was deploying first and got to move second.
At the end all I got left was the Tac squad, Inceptors and drop pod, all in the enemy deployment zone. He had Guilliman (resurrected and healed), Apothecary with 2 wounds, Executioner with 6 wounds, 4 Aggressors, Eliminators and a single Hellblaster. I pulled a 19-12 win in VPs.

What I brought out of it:
- you need to kill the Apothecary asap to prevent Guilliman being healed.

- Eliminators are tanky as hell, and enemies fear them as a threat to their characters. In reality they only managed to take 2 wounds off Gulliman (should have targeted the Apothecary instead), but tanked A LOT.

- Guilliman's re-rolls on Aggressors are sick

- Do not charge into Aggressors' overwatch with Guilliman's re-rolls

- do not forget to bring long range AT

- Transhuman physiology is fantastic. Especially with SoS nearby

- Ultramarines being able to leave combat and shoot is one of the worst match-ups for us. We really need to make our kills count.

- play the objectives, play the objectives, play the objectives

I only managed to kill Guilliman once due to the pesky Apothecary healing him up to 6 wounds a turn. I was loosing characters too fast and I've got CPs for only as many fight-after-death strats :sad.: But I did manage to lure him into a mine :biggrin.:

I'm glad I managed to keep a cool head and play smart enough. The game included such bright points as luring Gulliman into a mine and my drop pod with Mephy&Co slamming down in enemy's DZ when he was already extended and commited. This allowed me over the the course of 2 turns to kill Calgar, Lieutenant and Ancient who were hanging back, capture an objective and score extra for killing characters and having multiple units in enemy's DZ.

Edited by Majkhel

So current leaks are showing a Primaris Landspeeder and Bikers. Land speeder is in red...!

http://i.imgur.com/o1w7F96.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of cool stuff going on in that picture - time to overanalyze.

First off, the obvious, smack-dab in the center of the image - Primaris Land Speeders. That's nuts. Looks to have some kind of missile launcher on the top, and will probably have the Repulsor grav-plating ability based on the design. Impulsor chilling in the bottom right. There's also the head of some BA infantry model peeking up right at the bottom.

Down in the bottom left... looks to be a Repulsor Executioner. I see some Intercessor sculpts over toward the right. But... what's that black infantry model right behind them? The pose doesn't look like the regular Primaris Chaplain to me.

Then there's bikers. Obvious, very cool, VERY good for anyone that did a Primaris Biker squad already by conversions. To the left of them is a Redemptor, no question... but what's further to the left? That taller model. Is that a Contemptor? Seems off-theme for the picture. Thoughts?

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

The thing left of the Redemptor Dread is very obviously a Plasma Inceptor. The grey blob behind the Land Speeder could be literally anything but considering the Bikes and the Land Speeder I think a Techmarine would make sense.

Just looks like a terrain piece to me.

Land Speeder for sure. Has all the looks of a gunboat. Yellow helmets indicate Fast Attack slot. It is horribly big though.
I wonder if this might be the mysterious vehicle that was spotted when the Shadowspear was being pre-announced. Would then make it related to Phobos maybe?

Edited by Majkhel

In a surprise twist ending, my first Blood Angel model of 2019 is also my last completed miniature of the year. I had painted the banner back in February and 2/3rds of the model a year and a half ago, so I decided to knock him out during my son's nap. 2020 is going to involve a return to BA for me, as I hope to update my collection so I can run a modern, post-Psychic Awakening Blood Angels army.

med_gallery_14776_14151_176607.jpg
Edited by toaae

Sorry for double- posting

This came out in the Rumor Engine:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/31/the-rumour-engine-december-31st-2019/

Looks like the daggers we originally got in the Saguinary Guard kit.

That sheath looks like it belongs to an Eldar sword though, except for the grail icon! :D

First 5 of 15 Legionary Tactical marines.
gallery_40907_9492_621817.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_195754.jpg

In hind sight, I went too heavy on the layering. So compared to the assault marines I have, they're a bit "brighter" than I was going for. The decals are also missing as I intend to do all 15 just to make sure I give them a random assortment of iconography.

Folks, don't feel like you have to vote for my entry (can't believe I'm there tbh) but there is a vote on the favourite of favourites from the 12 Month Challenge for 2019.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361028-12-months-of-hobby-challenge-favourites-poll-2019/?p=5456241&do=findComment&comment=5456241

Please take a look :)

Got Primaris Mephiston for my club's Secret Santa (I may post what I gave for my gift :) ) . I know there were all sorts of suggestions running around about "don't do this" or "definitely do that" while assembling/painting him. Anything have those comments again before I get irrevocably started?

Also, I managed to snag 2x Intercessor sprues for cheap. Going to make them Veteran Intercessors with some bling. We all agree that auto bolt rifles are the way to go for such a squad? Yes? Anyone change my mind? Yes? No? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?