Remember, Fraters, when facing the Nurgle the outer rot can be cleansed: it is the inner rot we must guard against.

I don’t know, something something inspiring about staying safe from viruses.

Stay safe @Mort and all others in China and other zones.

Hi it's long ago since I posted sth since I was playing some of my other army's for a while. But now where I attend at a local Liga I wanted to bring the blood angels to New glory. I had a test game with a double battalion plus coteaz. He's riding in a drop pod. Plus sangguard, vanguards with ss and some th. Smashtain, Astorath, quake phobos captain Mephiston and some scouts and intercessors. Had a testgame against grey Knights and Boi the mortal wounds they dish out is a huge problem. I managed to clean him out good (paladins, 3 characters, cybot and some strike squads. But end of turn 3 i had almost lost everything only coteaz and some scouts living. We called it there bc he would score every round hold more and could eventually kill my rest with his rest. (draigo, 2 strike squads and chaplain.)

I learned a lot about the new grey Knights and I'm looking forward to fight em again. Phobos captain helped to negate the minus 1 which gk also get in melee! Gk have a strat where every slain dude can fight a last time. Pretty brutal on paladins which got attacked by sangguard.

Last night I finished cleaning the old Land Raider bought and painted almost ten years ago. This took me a few days, it was really in a bad shape. But after removing the old paint, gluing some pieces again, using greenstuf and sandpaper and putting magnets to switch the weapons, I have a Land Raider Redeemer / Crusader ready to be painted. 

Now all I have to do os put it in its foam until I start painting my first company :happy.:

I have a chance to snag some Tartaros Termies for a good (but not enough to be a no-brainer) price.

...worth it?

I don’t use Terminators that often (who does in 8th?), but I do, I like to use a lot. Archangels.

They're a fun kit to build with a lot of options, I haven't played mine yet, though.

Edit to clarify. They're fun to build, they have all the options they can take, and they're rocking good options. That Plasma Blaster is super good - just an Assault 2 plasma gun - and it's also one of the only units in 40k that can take a volkite.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

With the doctrines, their multiple shooty weapon options are now pretty tasty on their power output. Grenade harness will now be -2AP and Plasma Blaster will be -4AP on T2 when they usually drop. Volkite charger is kinda strange, being heavy and 0AP. But those guys are definitely threatening against T7 targets on the turn they arrive. Even if unable to take such targets down on their own, they can provide a good distration.
With Fury of the First, Sergeant can now overcharge Plasma Blaster without fear. 

I'm not a big fan of the Mephiston transformation in primaris. So I builded this not-primaris one with the new kit and the plastic Ahriman. 

It's my first conversion with greenstuff sculpture, and I'm pleased with the result. 

49534026321_fbd6f005c9.jpg

Just the side view is a little weird. As Ahriman is bent forward but the Mephiston's chest is upright, it's look a little strange. 

49534253752_63ced9bbda.jpg

That hot, double post action. Maybe I should make a thread in WiP for my non-Ork stuff? Until then, I'll share my BA stuff in here.

I'm loving this model. I went to have a short painting session, just highlight the arnor. Instead, I ended up painting for over three hours, knocking out the face, hair, vials, base and doing the red highlights all over. It's just a blast to paint. I thought it would take me the rest of the month to finish this guy, but all I have are his gloves, the glowy bits on his head/hood/sword, all the gold, the book, the skulls, the hoses, the white wings and finishing the base. I'm now thinking before the end of next weekend.

Enough text, Mephy time:
med_gallery_14776_14614_620883.jpg

med_gallery_14776_14614_123733.jpg

Edited by toaae

You have quite a rough finish on your zenithal highlight, looks like you sprayed from too far, or took GW's stupid advice of short bursts which IME always tend to create this texture on the paint.  I don't want to be discouraging but it will be a bitch to smooth that out particularly on large flat surfaces like that flowing cloak..

I think I didn't thin it enough, for either the zenithal I did for reference or the Cape's highlight. That said, it's actually less noticeable on the cape in person than these pictures suggest. I'm ok with it, as this mini is my first attempts at highlighting with an airbrush. But thank you for the critique!

So, photo to follow later today as it's just gone midnight here but 5 man s out squad rush painted for a mini tournament this weekend. First time I've ever done bolter scouts and confirms I prefer the old metal guys but ho-hum, cheap objective sitters for me!

gallery_66172_16151_1102704.jpeg

gallery_66172_16151_261560.jpeg

gallery_66172_16151_846535.jpeg

Some Tactical Marines I've been working on. I know they're not the BA specific kit, but I didn't know I wanted to turn them into Blood Angels when I bought them. In the end I realised that I hadn't painted a Blood Angels Tactical Marine since around 2014, back when I had no idea how to paint, so I thought I'd make a project of them. I know they're not the most competitive unit right now (and in all likelihood never will be again), but by god don't I love them all the same.

Edited by t-dog1996

Blood and Zeal talk on other fora. I wonder what it could mean...?

Cheers for the interest so far folks. Whilst the fine details are still being done on any future event, here is the previous iteration of Blood and Zeal.

The tl;dr is as follows:

• Building event only, whereby models are moved from sprue/bits to being built and undercoated. Conversions are encouraged (bonus points on offer)
  • Duration is seven weeks, each week it's a different category: HQ; Troops; Elites; Fast Attack; Heavy Support; Dedicated Transports; Flyers. So If you wanted to vow Terminators, you would need to wait until the Elites category is open and do it all in that week.
  • Should it go ahead, the IFs will be on the same team as the BTs, who will be our opponents. The team which builds the most (measured in PLs) win the category. The team that wins the most categories wins the event.
Basically, it's a very fast moving event with a very competitive edge. However, the goal is to get folks prepared for the ETL (major B&C painting event) in the summer - as in, Frater have things ready to go when the ETL comes around.

The best part is, there's no painting (bar the undercoat) which not only levels the playing field but wont interfere/burn folk out for any other events you wish to participate in this year :smile.:

Edited by Jolemai