Classic plasma gunner pose.

With added purity!

I'm going to paint a horseshoe on him somewhere. If anyone can think of local 'lucky' icons, I'll add them too. The plan is to make him overcharge every single shot, no matter what. 

Maybe the emperor's tarot. It's described in DoB as a small box with a button on it that when pressed flips a tile with the tarot on it. no idea how to model it though.

Haha, I'm looking for things I can paint - after he survives his first game I'll model on on him!

I've also got some more primaris out of storage to start the army proper. 5 reivers, the rest of the incursors and shadowspear contents.

Should be fun.

So I'm amassing a pool ready for any ETL that may or may not happen this year ( I hope it does as painting can be done without breaking self-isolation rules/guidelines). Currently got warsuit, contemptor incandeus, primaris repulsor tank built ready to go, just waiting on the second repulsor delivery and half way thru yet another storm Raven for my air wing... spray paint ftw! I might even go for the leviathan as well but that will depend on how much time I have as I dont intend on rushing him.

How's your prepping going?

For the ETL - infantry mostly. I plan on painting SangGuard now that I've set on the painting method. I've also got some Terminators and a bunch of DC. Suppressors are also waiting in the line. Then some Lieutenants and maybe other characters. Will try to avoid Troops, but then again, I need those the most currently. I have a Knight as well, but judging by the way Im walking around it for over a year now, it might be best to leave it aside. Edited by Majkhel

I hope ETL does go ahead as I've got a ton of backlog built and ready to paint. So far:

2 Razorbacks

5 Devastator squads

2 Tactical squads

2 Inflitrator squads

Suppressor squad

Eliminator squad

Phobos Captain

Phobos Lieutenant

Phobos Librarian

Primaris Ancient

Redemptor Dreadnought

Bike squad

Captain on foot

Sanguinary Priest

Techmarine

Company Ancient

Sanguinary Guard squad

Also hoping to have more built in time for it, including a Storm Eagle, Leviathan Dread, Deredeo Dread, Invictor Warsuit,Repulsor, extra Vanguard start collecting set, a Land Raider and some more Death Company kitbashed. That's about all I have left.

Edited by Thoridon

pssssssst! 

If you have not seen it yet, abso- :cuss -inglutely head over to the N&R section and check out Astartes p5. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/362968-astartes-pt-5-series-finale-premieres-tonight/?p=5500177 

Wow, just wow. 

Also, do any Fraters here collect/play/rep the Angels Sanguine? 

I'll be painting up a few marines, but haven't seen an Angels Sanguine army in a long time.

There's the old "what flavour of BA are you" thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/326939-poll-what-flavour-of-blood-angels-are-you/?hl=what%20blood%20angel

You might be able to find a few frater who play AS and dig up any hobby threads if that's the goal. Otherwise you can see they're poorly represented. 

Edited by Xenith

I'll be painting up a few marines, but haven't seen an Angels Sanguine army in a long time.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/326939-poll-what-flavour-of-blood-angels-are-you/?hl=what%20blood%20angel

You might be able to find a few frater who play AS and dig up any hobby threads if that's the goal. Otherwise you can see they're poorly represented. 

Yea thanks for that link; great lookin' out. 

Brings up another idea I had about trying to identify what is known--if anything is known--about various Successor chapters that follow the fun but simplistic formula of:

Chapter A = Blood Angels + Dark Angels

Chapter B = Blood Angels + Emperor's Children

Chapter C = Blood Angels + Iron Warriors

Chapter D = Blood Angels + Space Wolves

...where "+ Dark Angels" could be anything from fashion tastes in robes to tactical preferences or just "style". It's an overly simplistic idea, but deliberately so in a "Die Hard on a boat" style of pitch. 

Part of where my interest comes from is in the idea of taking say Dark Angels or Space Wolves models and "Blood Angelitizing" them and partially from the the Successor Chapter matrix in Codex Space Marines 2.0 and making a series of chapters where they all have +1 To Wound in melee, but then the +1 Charge/Advance of BA or 6's To Wound in Melee are -1AP of FT are replaced with a component of UM/IF/RG/IH et al Chapter Tactics. 

...but I am curious if any (semi-) official Successor Chapters already fall into the above in even some remote way. 

Edited by Indefragable

Yea thanks for that link; great lookin' out. 

Brings up another idea I had about trying to identify what is known--if anything is known--about various Successor chapters that follow the fun but simplistic formula of:

Chapter A = Blood Angels + Dark Angels

Chapter B = Blood Angels + Emperor's Children

Chapter C = Blood Angels + Iron Warriors

Chapter D = Blood Angels + Space Wolves

...where "+ Dark Angels" could be anything from fashion tastes in robes to tactical preferences or just "style". It's an overly simplistic idea, but deliberately so in a "Die Hard on a boat" style of pitch. 

Part of where my interest comes from is in the idea of taking say Dark Angels or Space Wolves models and "Blood Angelitizing" them and partially from the the Successor Chapter matrix in Codex Space Marines 2.0 and making a series of chapters where they all have +1 To Wound in melee, but then the +1 Charge/Advance of BA or 6's To Wound in Melee are -1AP of FT are replaced with a component of UM/IF/RG/IH et al Chapter Tactics. 

...but I am curious if any (semi-) official Successor Chapters already fall into the above in even some remote way. 

Well Blood Angels + Dark Angels would definitely be Angels Vermillion. At least as far as it goes for robes and suspicious secrecy. They don't have any knight theme going though as far as we know (and despite the name Knights of Blood didn't have any particular big knight theme going either).

I don't know of any particular feral/savage Blood Angels successor that would fit Blood Angels + Space Wolves. Perhaps Flesh Tearers but that would be a stretch. :sweat:

<snip>

Well Blood Angels + Dark Angels would definitely be Angels Vermillion. At least as far as it goes for robes and suspicious secrecy. They don't have any knight theme going though as far as we know (and despite the name Knights of Blood didn't have any particular big knight theme going either).

I don't know of any particular feral/savage Blood Angels successor that would fit Blood Angels + Space Wolves. Perhaps Flesh Tearers but that would be a stretch. :sweat:

Hey, Angels Vermillion is a start and a great shoutout! 

That's kind of the point of my idea, though, is just to sort of create a starting point for anyone bored enough interested in the concept to have at least a starting point and either say "ah ok yea I wanna do Angels Vermillion" or "ah ok yea, so Angels Vermillion do it x way but I want to do it y way instead." 

As of Devastation of Baal there's a massive slew of successors. Angels penitent might be a candidate for the dark angel in terms of robes, but maybe also salamanders for burning things. The golden sons scream Ultramarines, but thats just from the name.

Bloodthirsty berserker would be Flesh Eaters possibly. Definitely steal the SW eating people stratagem for them.

Unsure what ba successor prefers rapid assaults more than the others, but I get the feeling mixing BA and white scars rules might be very powerful.

I'd rather say the Angels Penitent are Blood Angels + Black Templar as they are a super zealous no jokes chapter which now also suffer more from the Black Rage ever since they stopped creating art stuff (which ties in nicely with what we've learned in the newest Dante novel btw). Possibly more than Flesh Tearers.

Flesh Eaters is a good call for BA + SW though. Didn't think of them.

Edited by Panzer

Its space marines. Theres more than light cannibalism all over the place. Mortifactors, Blood Angel's entire legion and genetic lines, imperial fists, ultramarines (if they are willing to eat xenos, they sure will eat regular human), not to forget that's pretty much the entire point of space marines having their Omophagea.

Speaking of ETL, when does it usually kick off?

Historically it's been either the 1st or 15th May, however, last year was delayed and went ahead in June. For the moment, there are no status updates pertaining to the event, so just assume it will go ahead May/June and prepare for it (get stuff the the starting point i.e under/basecoated).

Sadly, there will be no prequel event for us this year :/

Hmmm... already quite a lot going on/around the belt - knives, pistol, 2 pouches and a grenade at the back. Might consider a damaged helmet on the ground, but his pose is suggesting a moment of peace outside direct combat. Need to think about it some more.

Hmmm... already quite a lot going on/around the belt - knives, pistol, 2 pouches and a grenade at the back. Might consider a damaged helmet on the ground, but his pose is suggesting a moment of peace outside direct combat. Need to think about it some more.

Yea, that's why I didn't suggest it. Helet + Magnoculars just seems a bit odd to me, unless with the incursor visor. 

I've resumed work on my Death Company conversions today. I had shelved them because I didn't quite get satisfactory results painting the black armour. I think I'm onto a more promising method just using Eshin Grey as the base armour colour, and pin-washing all the recesses with something like Nuln Oil or some watered down black paint. Then just a few subtle highlights with Mechanicus.

Can't decide how to paint my Chaplain though. I've used the Primaris Chaplain and given him a Sanguinary Guard jump pack + wings, to run him as a regular chaplain with Angel's Wing rules wise. Can't decide if the wings should be white or black; and also can't decide if the robe should be black or red. Urrrghhh. On one hand, white wings (or rather, off white bone colour) would match his skull mask/ribcage. On the other hand, black would represent his role more aptly (He shall be named Raziel- My soul reaver... My angel of death...)

Input appreciated.